Haven’t been able to get into a game for a year

HatchetHarry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a PS4 and Xbone(pos system) and I haven’t been able to get into a game since Resident Evil. I tried Horizon, Wolfenstein 2, Shadow of War, and a couple others. Some of my favorite games this gen were indies like Rogue Legacy, BroForce, Super Time Force Ultra, and I forget what else. Any suggestions on similar indies?

Maybe I’ve grown out of games but I hope not.

Try Person 5 for Ps4 maybe. Also Monster Hunter comes out at the end of this month and it looks fucking sick. Honestly sounds like you're a bit bored with the "open world" concept.

breath of the wild was a so refreshing, but you'd have to get a switch. might do it for ya tho

Maybe you need a game that doesn't focus on killing/shooting?

People rave about Cuphead. I'll also add Bloodborne. Superb atmosphere, active and engaging combat that demands attention and some of the highest highs one can feel when prevailing against insurmountable odds in a video game. It's a top 3 favorite from this console gen and the only reason I keep my PS4 around.

Maybe you need a game that doesn't focus on killing/shooting?

True, he needs to branch out a bit and play some other genres for example a platformer or walking simulator to cleanse his palette.

Just this past 2 months I've cleared Turing Test, Virginia, Dear Esther, Batman Telltale Season 1, Life is Strange and The Mummy Demastered to name a few.

I get burned out on shit like open world GTA type games or FPS to easily.

OP maybe get Forza Horizon 3 for your "POS" XBONE. Good time sink that isn't a shooter.

2017 was a busy year for me, I didn’t have much time to game, so I’ve been having trouble getting back into it too. I picked up an NES classic in late January and played a lot of it for about a month, but then I got sick for like 9 days in March with a kidney stone, then my wife got pregnant and my son turned 2 and yadda yadda the year’s over, I have a second kid and I don’t have much time to game.

I want to finally beat Dark Souls 3 then take the Witcher series for a spin.

Steamworld Dig 2 (first one isn't bad but some of the mechanics have been improved in the second one)

Back