Having trouble staying asleep while on a strict protein shake diet.

Physiology does though.

Severe acute hypoglycemia can lead to diabetic coma and death.

It's normal that the body will wake up the brain from sleep if something is really off, like hypoglycemia so you can eat something or hypoxia from sleep apnea so you can get some full conscious breaths.

Yes I know but I am sure it's not his problem......... If in doubt, seek a professional.

Yes I know but I am sure it's not his problem......... If in doubt, seek a professional.

For someone who's lost like ~ 50 lbs in the past year, on a low to no carb diet, you're starving yourself.

That's basically the idea to do that in a controlled and safe way, it's a controlled starvation. But his weight loss goals are going great, so if one is having trouble sleeping on that low calorie diet it's not going to wreck your progress but rather stabilize your health to have some fibrous starches and a bit more fat in one's evening meal.

That will help to stabilize blood sugar over night and assist with staying asleep.

It's actually really simple.

This is kinda weird, because I've never had trouble sleeping before.

*34 years old.
*Maximum weight I've been was 245 pounds.
*Mostly 220-230 pounds for the last 4-5 years.
*Since November of 2017, achieved massive weight loss results by kicking my sugar, caffeine, & soda addiction and drinking protein shakes & meat.
*Currently 186 pounds, with a goal be around 170 by the end of the year.

But, over the last few days, I've gone to bed tired, and woken up within two or three hours. I feel fully rested, although I know I'm not.

Looking for suggestions that won't interfere with my weightloss goal, and I prefer to avoid medications/pills.

Any ideas, Sherbros?

Why are you only drinking protein shakes?

Fat loss is only possible through a sustained caloric deficit, not through simply eliminating food groups or macronutrients. Eat a balanced diet of proteins, carbs, fat and fiber, with a sufficient intake of green and colorful vegetables, with fruit too, if you want. Track your calories. Eat less than your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure).

This is kinda weird, because I've never had trouble sleeping before.

*34 years old.
*Maximum weight I've been was 245 pounds.
*Mostly 220-230 pounds for the last 4-5 years.
*Since November of 2017, achieved massive weight loss results by kicking my sugar, caffeine, & soda addiction and drinking protein shakes & meat.
*Currently 186 pounds, with a goal be around 170 by the end of the year.

But, over the last few days, I've gone to bed tired, and woken up within two or three hours. I feel fully rested, although I know I'm not.

Looking for suggestions that won't interfere with my weightloss goal, and I prefer to avoid medications/pills.

Any ideas, Sherbros?

Why do people become infinitely more stupid when trying to lose weight?

meat, leaves and berries diet of dan john would be more healthy but simple low carb approach.

I have really bad nightmares if I have protein later at night. Whether my diet is shitty or good, I always have nightmares. Only solution for me was not doing too much protein too late. Maybe you're having nightmares and just not remembering them.

I've never experienced a diet before. My motto has always been - eat many and lift big.

So how does a proper weight loss diet look like?

Example: (10/10 means daily recommended intake is met)
Normal: Meat: 10/10 , Veggies: 10/10, Carbs: 10/10
Does a proper weight loss diet reduce carbs only?
Meat: 10/10 , Veggies: 10/10, Carbs: 5/10
or reduce everything else in the same amount?
Meat: 5/10 , Veggies: 5/10, Carbs: 5/10

What does any of this have to do with our sleep? So does this mean I'd get insomnia if I'd take a diet too?

I've never experienced a diet before. My motto has always been - eat many and lift big.

So how does a proper weight loss diet look like?

Example: (10/10 means daily recommended intake is met)
Normal: Meat: 10/10 , Veggies: 10/10, Carbs: 10/10
Does a proper weight loss diet reduce carbs only?
Meat: 10/10 , Veggies: 10/10, Carbs: 5/10
or reduce everything else in the same amount?
Meat: 5/10 , Veggies: 5/10, Carbs: 5/10

What does any of this have to do with our sleep? So does this mean I'd get insomnia if I'd take a diet too?

Usually, it reduces calories (carbs, proteins, fats)
If you are on keto, you reduce carbs

Usually, it reduces calories (carbs, proteins, fats)
If you are on keto, you reduce carbs
That's the difference between success and failure . i was on a severe hunger strike, drinking only water every day, but it turned out to be a serious mistake.

have you tried fasting? no need to go extreme, 14 hours (7pm-9am) already helped me a lot, I sleep much better and have more energy in general

obviously you should be eating properly during the day though and not just protein shakes

Back