Hawaii teachers union backs Tulsi Gabbard's election opponent over media's Syria lies

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hawaii Teachers Union Backs Gabbard Opponent For Congress

In its endorsement of challenger Sherry Campagna, the union sharply criticized Gabbard’s human rights record because of her stance on Syria.

By Nick Grube / May 21, 2018

The Hawaii State Teachers Association announced Monday it will endorse U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard’s challenger Sherry Campagna in the 2018 Democratic primary.

The HSTA, which is the fourth largest union in Hawaii, has scheduled a press conference for Tuesday with Campagna to officially make the announcement.

According to a union email sent to teachers, the HSTA decided to endorse Campagna for Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District seat over Gabbard in part because the challenger has vowed to fight for more money for public education.

“She believes that a reliable funding stream for public education must be a top priority, and Hawaii should tax out-of-state residents who own investment properties here,” the HSTA email states. “She also believes in lowering class sizes and increasing teacher pay.”

Screen-Shot-2017-12-01-at-2.15.10-PM.png

The state teachers union Monday endorsed the long-shot candidacy of Sherry Campagna over incumbent U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard for Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District.

Chad Blair/Civil Beat

But the HSTA email also levied harsh criticism at Gabbard for her trip to Syria to meet with its ruler, President Bashar al-Assad, and her failure to condemn Al-Assad for his “genocidal chemical attack on his own people.” The union cited her stance on Syria as an example of how Gabbard has “has not defended human and civil rights during her time in Congress.”

According to the email:

“She was one of just three representatives, and the only Democrat who refused to condemn Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad’s genocidal chemical attack on his own people. After the attack, Gabbard traveled to Syria to meet with the genocidal dictator al-Assad without permission from the White House or Congress. Her trip was funded by a group with ties to al-Assad supporters and she only covered the expenses herself after the news media reported who paid for her trip.

“Then, after al-Assad bombed his people again, Gabbard continued to refuse to admit the attack had occurred. At the same time, she voted to practically ban Syrian refugees from coming into the United States after the Paris terrorist attacks, even though Syrian refugees were not involved in the attacks.”

Gabbard eventually reimbursed the funds for the trip, saying the whole scenario had become a “distraction from the important issue at hand.

http://www.civilbeat.org/2018/05/hawaii-teachers-union-backs-gabbard-opponent-for-congress/

Man, I love me some unions, but WTF?

Tulsi Gabbard's tells the truth on Syria, like she did with Bernie.

Someone please tell me where she is wrong.

Like every story of import these days though, this is not a union problem, this is a corruption problem. Obviously this teachers unions endorsement was for sale.

Discuss.......

So her opp is going to improve schools there and didnt hang out with a genocidal maniac ?
So far seems like a slam dunk for her opp unless gabbard has some good points im missing other than being easy on the eye

Hawaii Teachers Union Backs Gabbard Opponent For Congress

In its endorsement of challenger Sherry Campagna, the union sharply criticized Gabbard’s human rights record because of her stance on Syria.

By Nick Grube / May 21, 2018

The Hawaii State Teachers Association announced Monday it will endorse U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard’s challenger Sherry Campagna in the 2018 Democratic primary.

The HSTA, which is the fourth largest union in Hawaii, has scheduled a press conference for Tuesday with Campagna to officially make the announcement.

According to a union email sent to teachers, the HSTA decided to endorse Campagna for Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District seat over Gabbard in part because the challenger has vowed to fight for more money for public education.

“She believes that a reliable funding stream for public education must be a top priority, and Hawaii should tax out-of-state residents who own investment properties here,” the HSTA email states. “She also believes in lowering class sizes and increasing teacher pay.”

Screen-Shot-2017-12-01-at-2.15.10-PM.png

The state teachers union Monday endorsed the long-shot candidacy of Sherry Campagna over incumbent U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard for Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District.

Chad Blair/Civil Beat

But the HSTA email also levied harsh criticism at Gabbard for her trip to Syria to meet with its ruler, President Bashar al-Assad, and her failure to condemn Al-Assad for his “genocidal chemical attack on his own people.” The union cited her stance on Syria as an example of how Gabbard has “has not defended human and civil rights during her time in Congress.”

According to the email:

“She was one of just three representatives, and the only Democrat who refused to condemn Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad’s genocidal chemical attack on his own people. After the attack, Gabbard traveled to Syria to meet with the genocidal dictator al-Assad without permission from the White House or Congress. Her trip was funded by a group with ties to al-Assad supporters and she only covered the expenses herself after the news media reported who paid for her trip.

“Then, after al-Assad bombed his people again, Gabbard continued to refuse to admit the attack had occurred. At the same time, she voted to practically ban Syrian refugees from coming into the United States after the Paris terrorist attacks, even though Syrian refugees were not involved in the attacks.”

Gabbard eventually reimbursed the funds for the trip, saying the whole scenario had become a “distraction from the important issue at hand.

http://www.civilbeat.org/2018/05/hawaii-teachers-union-backs-gabbard-opponent-for-congress/

Man, I love me some unions, but WTF?

Tulsi Gabbard's tells the truth on Syria, like she did with Bernie.

Like every story of import these days though, this is not a union problem, this is a corruption problem. Obviously this teachers unions endorsement was for sale.

Discuss.......

And it begins

Like I said in earlier threads. She will end up leaving the Dem party

Anyone who opposes that bs syria propaganda has my vote

LOL. Obviously. It's not even in the realm of possibility that there is no crazy CT here.

And it begins

Like I said in earlier threads. She will end up leaving the Dem party

I can see her leaving politics altogether. I'll bet that she's going to be very wealthy in a few years.

Did they mean for telling the truth?

IMO she is the best the democrat party has to offer, and they don’t even support her.

The absolute state of the democrat party...

If class size are smaller, will that mean fewer kids grow up to become homeless drug addicts breaking into cars and homes because they got better quality education?

If class size are smaller, will that mean fewer kids grow up to become homeless drug addicts breaking into cars and homes because they got better quality education?

No. It just means each individual loser will have more time to slow things down for everyone else.

<41>

No. It just means each individual loser will have more time to slow things down for everyone else.

<41>
When I was a kid, they kept special ed kids separate from regular kids classes. Did they discontinue that? They also kept the smarter kids together in same classes like Gifted & Talented.

When I was a kid, they kept special ed kids separate from regular kids classes. Did they discontinue that? They also kept the smarter kids together in same classes like Gifted & Talented.

There was some of that back in my day. Plus, for the troublemakers, we had the "alternative" school. Even carving those out, I'm inclined to believe the slower kids slow down the smarter kids more than the smarter kids speed up the slower kids. Seems like a net loss that's tolerated due to the ratio of students to instructors.

Can you be clear? What lies exactly?

I think you missed the important part. These union types will always vote for whoever promises them the most money. They really don't care where that money come from.

The union leader is obese, so "money for the kids" = "money for me to buy chocolate and pizza and cheesecake".

And this why the MSM and establishment Dems and liberals are not really liberal; they do a good job of faking it.

Back