Hbo throws in the towel

ah well. That ends my run as a subscriber. Their original series have been hit or miss lately. We'll just get more PBC cards.

ah well. That ends my run as a subscriber. Their original series have been hit or miss lately. We'll just get more PBC cards.

Havent been a part of HBO since Sopranos, The Wire & Rome. Boardwalk was good but imo not exceptional. Just exceptional produced. Any newer series on that level worth looking up?

EDIT: And yes I know Game of Thrones ;) but disregarding the first season and parts of 2 & 3 its sadly a load of crap with the latter seasons consiting near only of sjw ideology for retards with every main character turning into a one dimensional good/bad guy.

Last edited:
USA has wrestling now and i doubt they would invest in Boxing.

The best bet for Boxing is having it's own Boxing cable channel and charge a monthly subscription fee and have their own PPV. while showing old fights all day
sounds like Frank Warren's Boxnation in the UK

well, I guess we all saw it coming, but it's always a little different from how you expect it.

Still, low key super salty cause that means no more Superfly :mad: Fucking hell, they finally got the money and promotion to get together what is otherwise a usually pretty disparate division, and they had something great going, but now they gotta pull out. Fuck.

Havent been a part of HBO since Sopranos, The Wire & Rome. Boardwalk was good but imo not exceptional. Just exceptional produced. Any newer series on that level worth looking up?

EDIT: And yes I know Game of Thrones ;) but disregarding the first season and parts of 2 & 3 its sadly a load of crap with the latter seasons consiting near only of sjw ideology for retards with every main character turning into a one dimensional good/bad guy.
Like I said, hit or miss. Nothing like Sopranos or the Wire. True Detective was good, but pretty overrated IMO. I liked The Night of. That was decent.

Without boxing, they are nothing to me.

well, I guess we all saw it coming, but it's always a little different from how you expect it.

Still, low key super salty cause that means no more Superfly :mad: Fucking hell, they finally got the money and promotion to get together what is otherwise a usually pretty disparate division, and they had something great going, but now they gotta pull out. Fuck.

oh that makes me feel a little better

Wait, was it speculation or did I hear this about two years ago?!!

Like I said, hit or miss. Nothing like Sopranos or the Wire. True Detective was good, but pretty overrated IMO. I liked The Night of. That was decent.

Without boxing, they are nothing to me.

To me, The Wire is a little overrated, but Omar is cool, i guess people really liked his acting playing a gay gangster, he's cool, a little overrated, but cool. I never watched Sopranos, but i will have to check it out and if it's like, or as good as Good-fellas ,then im down, but if it's just your over the top Mob story, then it's probably a little overrated to.

Example of a over the top Italian Mob movie, with Martial arts, Steven Seagal and his exaggerated Italian Mob movie, Out For Justice.
Don't get me wrong it's entertaining, but way overboard at times, with it's exaggerated Italian Mob killing and life.

Yeah, but without Boxing and PPV and it's money, HBO is toast, they have nothing else to offer, except old and newer Movie reruns that every network on Cable and Satellite shows, a million times a year, even on FX and TNT.

"Once upon a time we were a promising kid. Then a challenger. Then a champion. A great champion. A long-time champion. And then a has-been who finally retired. So long, champ,"
-Larry Merchant

To me, The Wire is a little overrated, but Omar is cool, i guess people really liked his acting playing a gay gangster, he's cool, a little overrated, but cool. I never watched Sopranos, but i will have to check it out and if it's like, or as good as Good-fellas ,then im down, but if it's just your over the top Mob story, then it's probably a little overrated to.

Example of a over the top Italian Mob movie, with Martial arts, Steven Seagal and his exaggerated Italian Mob movie, Out For Justice.
Don't get me wrong it's entertaining, but way overboard at times, with it's exaggerated Italian Mob killing and life.

Yeah, but without Boxing and PPV and it's money, HBO is toast, they have nothing else to offer, except old and newer Movie reruns that every network on Cable and Satellite shows, a million times a year, even on FX and TNT.
Sopranos is hard to get into for some but worth the effort. The first few episodes don't do the best job reeling you in.

Sopranos is hard to get into for some but worth the effort. The first few episodes don't do the best job reeling you in.
Great show. Way better than the Wire.

Goodfellas is probably the greatest movie of all time for those who have never seen it

Goodfellas is probably the greatest movie of all time for those who have never seen it
Probably my favorite series but it took me a couple of tries.

The Wire and Sopranos both drew me in equally, but I haven't been able to complete either series.

Goodfellas didn't do it for me, Im all Godfather I/II and On the Waterfront over here.

Boardwalk Empire was solid, I made it through 3 seasons, but they lost me after that.

Your a funny guy, HAHAHAHAH, what do i amuse you, freaking classic movie, but not the greatest ever, but a classic movie you can watch every time it comes on and not get tiered of it ,at all.

But the Shawshank Redemption ,is better then Goodfellas.

Back