Head guard?

Practical Goat

Knowledge Seeker
@White
Reaction score
Can anyone please recommend a good quality head guard? About to start sparring (boxing) and wouldn't mind buying my own instead of the ones at the gym. After the best value for money really if poss. From the UK if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Title and ringside make good amateur gear that HAS to be a certain level of quality.

Titles "Platinum" Training Headgear is great, too.

I hear winning is the GOAT. I've used neverlast and it did its job.

honestly headgear is headgear in my opinion , most of them are the same design and in my opinion a decent headgear like ringside,tile,everlast blah blah will last because it wont take as much beating as lets say for boxing gloves . the best headgear is going to be your winnings but cost is up there. ringside, title make some good hears mayb not facesavers but open face or cheek protectors are good . if your looking for a winning inspired heagear you would want to look at uma,ring to cage, sabas ,they make good headgear for the price and quality . rivals make some good headgear to but dont really dig there face savers looks bulky. if i were you look at some reviews of the brands i listed and take in consideration price and design of the headgear.

Headgear is headgear just buy one from a brand you like, and you're all good.

Depends on if you want a face saver or an open face really.

What are the pros and cons of each, any reason to choose one over the other

Face savers limit vision, makes your head bigger due to its size, and can act as a bad fulcrum on your neck if you take a hit the wrong way. Its major advantage is it better protects your nose and jaw.

Open face headgear doesn't protect as well, but gives you much better vision and a smaller target.

Face savers limit vision, makes your head bigger due to its size, and can act as a bad fulcrum on your neck if you take a hit the wrong way. Its major advantage is it better protects your nose and jaw.

Open face headgear doesn't protect as well, but gives you much better vision and a smaller target.

What the Corgi said. Facesavers protect you very well but they are not all equal there are many that are far better than most, while some are just horrible. Price is not necessarily an indicator of a good face saver.
Winning facesaver is like $400aud, and is regarded as the best
Cleto is $250aud and is not well liked
Ring to Cage is $150aud and is well liked but not well known.

Open face headgear is generally cheaper and protects your head well but your nose and chin can still cop it, so when sparring for an upcoming fight a face saver is a better option as it can protect from cuts, but for general sparring an open face design is better to see more shots coming in. It's a win loss situation with both.

Back