Headgear to protect eyes

voxom

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I'm looking for the some good recommendations for head gear that can best protect from black eyes and scratches to the eyes in boxing.

i've been looking at winning fg2900 vs fg5000 and looking at the pics i've seen it looks like the fg2900 might have better protection around the eyes while the fg5000 has better protection for the nose area. am i wrong in thinking this.

or does anyone have any better recommendations than either of these two models?

Bruh, the gloves will protect your eyes. face saver headgear will also protect your eyes....

Bruh, the gloves will protect your eyes. face saver headgear will also protect your eyes....
i know...

but gloves alone can still cause scratched/black eyes. so i was asking if these two headgears are the best options, and if not which are better.

The gloves shouldn't even touch your eye if you are using a facesaver.

On top of that use vaseline if you want. Or straight up use one of these stupid headguard. lol
Dynamics_Headgear.jpg

I have a similar concern with contact with my eyes because of several retinal tears. I use the FG5000. I have still experienced punches to the eye with the FG5000. In addition to your headgear, I do find that it also depends on the gloves your sparring partner is using.

The FG5000 is better than the FG2900 in terms of protecting your eyes from getting hit. Though, as a result of the bigger size of your headgear and the more limited vision, you'll probably be liable to getting hit to the head more often.

At the end of the day, though, it's simply a risk that you're going to have to take if you want to box. Best thing to do is to work on a lot of head movement, keeping your hands up, and general defense...

i know...

but gloves alone can still cause scratched/black eyes. so i was asking if these two headgears are the best options, and if not which are better.

I've done probably 1000+ rounds of sparring in my life and have never once had a scratched eye, hell I haven't even had a black eye and I'm a lightweight who spars middleweights and cruiserweights. I think if the risk is too much for you don't do it.

Back