Hearn: If Joshua, Miller Win, They'll Fight in August at Barclays

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Hearn has a plan to bring England’s Joshua to Barclays Center for his debut on American soil against Miller sometime in August. Russia’s Alexander Povetkin (33-1, 23 KOs) is the mandatory challenger for Joshua’ WBA title and will battle England’s David Price on Joshua-Parker undercard, but Hearn indicated Tuesday that a Joshua-Miller match at Barclays Center would come first.

http://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-if-joshua-miller-win-theyll-fight-august-barclays--125476

Its Hearn playing hardball with Wilder and his stupid demands

He can fight a guy who is probably as well know as Wilder in the US(fuck, im nearly as well known) and he will get exposure

Hopefully Wilders team will rise to it and calm down terms a little....so we can see the fight we want to

Putting it at Barclays, where Wilder will have had his last two fights, seems like a message. Of course, it’s an easier trip to the UK than Vegas, too.

Hearn has a plan to bring England’s Joshua to Barclays Center for his debut on American soil against Miller sometime in August. Russia’s Alexander Povetkin (33-1, 23 KOs) is the mandatory challenger for Joshua’ WBA title and will battle England’s David Price on Joshua-Parker undercard, but Hearn indicated Tuesday that a Joshua-Miller match at Barclays Center would come first.

http://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-if-joshua-miller-win-theyll-fight-august-barclays--125476
Miller being fast-tracked to a title fight, with each of those belts up for grabs? Ahead of other heavyweight competition..?

Tyson will be furious. Deontay will be wilder than ever.

Miller being fast-tracked to a title fight, with each of those belts up for grabs? Ahead of other heavyweight competition..?

Tyson will be furious. Deontay will be wilder than ever.

Tyson first needs to fight his massive belly. Then he needs a fight or two... he won't be fight top dogs until at least 2019, if ever again.

Also, I don't mind Wilder vs AJ marinating for a bit, so long as other fights get made. AJ vs Miller or Povetkin are fine with me. Hopefully Wilder can fight the other

Too many big time fights in New York these days. Look Brooklyn is a meca but personally I feel like if either Joshua or Wilder had a big time fight in Vegas it would only help their popularity.

Vegas is fight capital of the world we need heavyweights in Vegas! Maybe it's just me

Tyson first needs to fight his massive belly. Then he needs a fight or two... he won't be fight top dogs until at least 2019, if ever again.

It was a simple play on words, mate. I'm in no way suggesting that Tyson Fury is ready for a heavyweight title fight in his fat state.

This is them trying to build up for the fight I guess but I don't think it's necessary. It would still be big now and they piss a lot of people off waiting on purpose.

Not the worst fight that can be made if it happens. At least he's getting another "name" in there, and we'll see if Miller even gives him a fight. I already assume AJ beats Parker and Miller here. Only guy I got beating HIM possibly is Wilder.

This is them trying to build up for the fight I guess but I don't think it's necessary. It would still be big now and they piss a lot of people off waiting on purpose.
Joshua is only one punch away from losing those belts, don't forget. There's a 99% chance he takes out Parker with military precision, but this is the heavyweight division and the history of upsets goes way back. Once he's clear of Parker, then Joshua will likely pick a bigger name opponent than Big Baby. Like you say, it's all part of the narrative.

Joshua is only one punch away from losing those belts, don't forget. There's a 99% chance he takes out Parker with military precision, but this is the heavyweight division and the history of upsets goes way back. Once he's clear of Parker, then Joshua will likely pick a bigger name opponent than Big Baby. Like you say, it's all part of the narrative.
I don't see Parker as having a punchers chance though, he just doesn't seem to pack the wallop that he'd need to drop Joshua. Parkers only way imho to win is on points and I think that's really unlikely to happen unless his chin is amazing (although he is half ? Samoan) and he can survive 12 rounds vs AJ.

Last edited:
Makes good business sense.

What better way to build up a Joshua Wilder mega fight by introducing AJ to the American audience by having him fight on PPV, in the UK and US, in Brooklyn against a big mouth, self promoting local.

Being in NY means a decent start time for both sides of the Atlantic.

Build up the Wilder fight as much as possible. What's left after anyway? Fury, maybe. And will people care as much anyway?

Its Hearn playing hardball with Wilder and his stupid demands

He can fight a guy who is probably as well know as Wilder in the US(fuck, im nearly as well known) and he will get exposure

Hopefully Wilders team will rise to it and calm down terms a little....so we can see the fight we want to

If the fight doesn't end up happening I'm going to give Wilder 100% of the blame. You can't ask for a 50/50 split when you're very clearly the B-Side of a promotion.

Jarrell Miller is dangerous on the mic and with all that shit talking this fight is a good introduction for Anthony Joshua because its gonna take place in the USA.

Makes every sense to put it here

Back