Hearn: Joshua-Povetkin Deal Close

They asked for 50 mil. They got the offer they wanted (I think they were surprised that actually happened) and still they are bitching about making the fight in the U.K.? Christ

They asked for 50 mil. They got the offer they wanted (I think they were surprised that actually happened) and still they are bitching about making the fight in the U.K.? Christ
It's pretty obvious why they want the fight in the UK. They want the fan support and they don't want to be on the end of any dodgy decisions that could happen stateside. And what's wrong with wanting the fight in the UK as Joshua is the draw here.

I think Joshua by late tko if he decides to box this time.

It's pretty obvious why they want the fight in the UK. They want the fan support and they don't want to be on the end of any dodgy decisions that could happen stateside. And what's wrong with wanting the fight in the UK as Joshua is the draw here.
This fight will never see the 12th round. This is a money driven sport. How can you turn down 50mil after you asked for them?

Joshua should get home field advantage until beaten.
It makes sense.
Would be badass if he went to Russia and beat Povetkin in his backyard but there's other shit at play if you go to Russia.

Last edited:
I'm guessing AJ won't be throwing up more numbers any time soon.

Bad news , Wilder did a lot of concessions with the money

What was the split?

Then they shouldnt have said theyd fight in the States for $50 mil.

As it stands, they pulled some bitch made shit. They made their offer, their offer was met, now they changed their offer. Simple as that.

Joshua should get home field advantage until beaten.
It makes sense.
Would be badass if he went toto Russ and beat Povetkin in his backyard but there's other shit at play if you go to Russia.
The same can be said about Wilder.

Wilder was willing to go to Russia and fight Povetkin before it fell apart
I know! He has no problems going over and fight.

I’m defending wilder here. He offered the 50 mil they asked. So it’s joshua’s Team who are not cooperating with the fight

So he's never going to fight anywhere else because he has fans there? Even if offered big money? That seems pretty dumb.

So he's never going to fight anywhere else because he has fans there? Even if offered big money? That seems pretty dumb.

Why? Plenty of top fighters have only ever fought in their home country. He’s earning possibly more per fight than any other current fighter fighting at home! And this isn’t necessarily a one off payday for Joshua. A fight with fury will be just as Big, if not bigger. He doesn’t have to cash out against wilder, he’s always said he wants the fight in Britain and he has the belts so gets the bigger say considering they both aim to unify.

As it stands, they pulled some bitch made shit. They made their offer, their offer was met, now they changed their offer. Simple as that.
And they recosidered. They didn't want to throw away home advantage which I guess they weighed up against the $50 million and decided it wasn't worth the money to lose that. Hey I'm not bothered if you give them shit for it, as you say they changed their mind but I can totally understand the conclusion they came to regarding wanting it on home soil.

Lol. It's their careers.

This is why Deontay should take anything they care to give him.

I want to see the fight but they sure as shit don't give two shits about Deontay. It's sign now or he can go sing.

And they can.. not to be a cunt. But that has always been their position. Deontay not so much. I think he should dance however they like to get this done tbh. He's the one throwing ten times his highest fight purse away.

Aj is throwing away a purse and a half maybe double his highest. He'll get 20 million easy vs povetkin.

So there has always been that.

This is true that they have a mandatory with povetkin coming up. So this may just be him throwing it out there to put pressure on Deontay to sign on much more favourable terms.

And they recosidered. They didn't want to throw away home advantage which I guess they weighed up against the $50 million and decided it wasn't worth the money to lose that. Hey I'm not bothered if you give them shit for it, as you say they changed their mind but I can totally understand the conclusion they came to regarding wanting it on home soil.
And they can.. not to be a cunt. But that has always been their position. Deontay not so much. I think he should dance however they like to get this done tbh. He's the one throwing ten times his highest fight purse away.

Aj is throwing away a purse and a half maybe double his highest. He'll get 20 million easy vs povetkin.

So there has always been that.
I tend to always lean towards the A side getting to call the shots. Thats all fine and dandy imo. But when your demands are met and you then change your demands, its a bad look and youre going to catch a lot shit for it.

Can they do it? Sure. Does it look like a bitch move? Absolutely. Ive got no issue admitting both of those things.

They should up the $ offer to Wilder and get it done. Povetkin can wait. After his last outing he shouldnt be rushing himself into a fight with AJ or Wilder lol.

Back