Hearn: Joshua-Povetkin Deal Close

I tend to always lean towards the A side getting to call the shots. Thats all fine and dandy imo. But when your demands are met and you then change your demands, its a bad look and youre going to catch a lot shit for it.

Can they do it? Sure. Does it look like a bitch move? Absolutely. Ive got no issue admitting both of those things.

They should up the $ offer to Wilder and get it done. Povetkin can wait. After his last outing he shouldnt be rushing himself into a fight with AJ or Wilder lol.
I dunno man. I guess it's just them putting their actual business cap on. I can't slight them too much for it all things considered.

The asset in this fight is Joshua. Eddie controls that asset. Only way the fight makes money is by Joshua. So it is what it is at the end of the day.

The mandatory in povetkin is a legit thing. So it also should put pressure on Deontay to sign under favourable terms.

The asset in this fight is Joshua. Eddie controls that asset. Only way the fight makes money is by Joshua. So it is what it is at the end of the day.
That simply is not true. Wilder’s side is the one that was bringing the most money.

The business aspect and controlling the stipulations of the fight are one thing, but cant call this a $ move.

That simply is not true. Wilder’s side is the one that was bringing the most money.

The business aspect and controlling the stipulations of the fight are one thing, but cant call this a $ move.
But again Anthony can make half that money fighting guys like povetkin. So in two fights he's made that back. I can kinda understand the risk reward scenario for them.

I'm not making excuses for this maybe it sounds like it but at this stage AJ still has many more years to go. That's millions upon millions in itself.

But again Anthony can make half that money fighting guys like povetkin. So in two fights he's made that back. I can kinda understand the risk reward scenario for them.

I'm not making excuses for this maybe it sounds like it but at this stage AJ still has many more years to go. That's millions upon millions in itself.
Thats a different point than you made though. You said that the only way it makes money is AJ.

Risk, controlling the stipulations, etc are all very different than writing checks.

Their bluff was called and they moved the goal posts. I honestly dont know how anyone cant just admit that. They can write a million different reasons why, but the fact is their demand was met and then they changed their demands.

Thats a different point than you made though. You said that the only way it makes money is AJ.

Risk, controlling the stipulations, etc are all very different than writing checks.

Their bluff was called and they moved the goal posts. I honestly dont know how anyone cant just admit that. They can write a million different reasons why, but the fact is their demand was met and then they changed their demands.
Yea sure I admit they're moving the goal posts for home advantage too. I don't buy the "it's for the fans" shit.

Anyways this could all just be gainsmanship. Who knows.

It's pretty obvious why they want the fight in the UK. They want the fan support and they don't want to be on the end of any dodgy decisions that could happen stateside. And what's wrong with wanting the fight in the UK as Joshua is the draw here.
meh. They said the final hurdle was the money and Deontay offered them fucking 50 million.

Pussy shit, not taking the fight

Look, let's just be realistic. Deep down, we knew the wilder-AJ would never happen. At least not for a few more years (if AJ survives his next couple defenses. ) all these distractions and obfuscations just to try and poorly hide the fact AJ is ducking Wilder like I said he would.

Let AJ fight povetkin, then whyte, then jennings, then bellew, then kauffman, then whomever....anybody but wilder, and go on his way...i'm done giving the man a hard time. IMO he's just doing the best he's capable of.

Honestly I don't see aj making it through povetkin...
Remember Sasha is still the most skilled operator in the division

Now that this fight is close to happening all the britfags are coming out of the woodwork to sell povetkin short and make him out to be some kind of chump

These guys are making hay out of the price fight acting like price's power made him do the chicken dance....news flash pov overextended himself why getting popped by price and the momentum made him lose his balance

Honestly I don't see aj making it through povetkin...
Remember Sasha is still the most skilled operator in the division

Now that this fight is close to happening all the britfags are coming out of the woodwork to sell povetkin short and make him out to be some kind of chump

These guys are making hay out of the price fight acting like price's power made him do the chicken dance....news flash pov overextended himself why getting popped by price and the momentum made him lose his balance
Povetkin looked like ass against a can and AJ will destroy him.

The more AJ fights others, the LESS negotiating space Deontay has. Smart move because when they fight, the purse will be slightly bigger but Deontay's management need to get their skulls checked, this is a once in a life time opportunity for their man.

The more AJ fights others, the LESS negotiating space Deontay has. Smart move because when they fight, the purse will be slightly bigger but Deontay's management need to get their skulls checked, this is a once in a life time opportunity for their man.
Not sure if you noticed but Wilder’s side was the one shelling out the big bucks lol. I think he’ll be ok.

Back