Hearn : "Wilder wil have a contract to sign by the end of the week" - the saga continues

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
No opinions, just posting the news:

Eddie Hearn will send a fight contract to Deontay Wilder this week, but admitted he has he doubts about why the American has suddenly accepted Anthony Joshua’s demands.

Joshua wants to stage a heavyweight unification fight in the UK, and rejected a £37million offer to come to the United States.

Hearn had said he expected Joshua to fight his mandatory Alexander Povetkin after not hearing back from Wilder’s team, but the WBC champion announced on Tuesday he had accepted AJ’s offer.

Wilder told Hearn and Joshua he was ready to come to the UK and wanted to sign the contract as soon as possible.

Hearn reacted immediately to the news by saying a contract would be in Wilder’s inbox by the end of the week, but admitted he has his suspicions about the American’s motives.

‘I made an offer to Deontay Wilder just under four weeks ago,’ Hearn said.

‘They’ve obviously heard that we are likely to fight Alexander Povetkin in September so I don’t know whether this was panic or bluster.

‘Obviously we have lost a lot of time and a September for fight with Wilder in terms of venue, US TV and for pure promotional build, is impossible really.

‘If it is Wilder next, it has to probably be October or November. We are running out of time.

‘Our guys will be working on the contract and they will certainly have it by the end of the week, probably before. We will then find out what is real.

‘It makes me sceptical because of the way they are handling this. We are not looking to have anything in that contract out of the ordinary.’

Joshua has sold out three stadiums for his last three fights, but Hearn said the only venue where the Wilder-AJ fight could be held was Wembley.

The 28-year-old became the WBA (Super) and IBF champion at Wembley in April 2017, and went on to win the WBO strap in Cardiff earlier this year.

Should Wilder and Joshua go to war, it will be the first time a heavyweight champion could own all four major world titles.

Fight gets made

AJ wants to exploit Wilders apparent lack of technical boxing ability and go for a points win avoiding Wilders one and only threat... His wild power punches.
This may explain his extremely tentative approach vs Parker and his innate desire to fight in the UK.

Am expecting a bit of a boring fight now tbh.

Is it really that hard to set up promotion between June and fucking September? 2.5+ months seems like plenty of time but whatever as long as this getting signed.

Wilder and AJ are ducking Pulev.

Sounds like pure duckanomics 101.

Well, I hope the fucking fight gets made, avoiding Wilder at this point is terrible form, and makes AJ look scared. Now I know how crazy Pac fans were made to be when "their guy" had to wait 5 years of his prime away trying to get Floyd fight done. But power is the last thing to go, and Wilder really just is a natural dog. He's durable, sloppy, comes to fight, and lands nuclear bombs. He ain't gonna get old like AJ wants him to.

Is it really that hard to set up promotion between June and fucking September? 2.5+ months seems like plenty of time but whatever as long as this getting signed.
I’m with you. Seems like more then enough time, Wembley availability not withstanding.

Sounds like pure duckanomics 101.

Well, I hope the fucking fight gets made, avoiding Wilder at this point is terrible form, and makes AJ look scared. Now I know how crazy Pac fans were made to be when "their guy" had to wait 5 years of his prime away trying to get Floyd fight done. But power is the last thing to go, and Wilder really just is a natural dog. He's durable, sloppy, comes to fight, and lands nuclear bombs. He ain't gonna get old like AJ wants him to.

Did you misread this thread?

They are going to send Wilder a contract...if they dont...then i will fully back your opinion

it's mainly because they 1) aren't going to be competing on the same date as Canelo/GGG and 2) don't want to compete with forcing people to choose to buy a 2nd ppv in the same month. Pushing it back a month or 2 almost guarantees that it's going to be the only boxing ppv on during the month.

Is there any updates on this did Wilder get a contract? Aretha gonna sign it soon? It's already next week.

I may be being optimistic but the quietness from both sides since the claim of a contract being sent for the end of last week, gives me a lot of hope...
If Wilders team hadn't signed it, wouldn't Hearn have said by now?
If the contract hadn't been sent or had B. Sht terms in it, wouldn't Wilders team have said by now?

I feel like they must be working out details as I type this...

Any ideas?

What are they doing?

I thought Hearn said they wanted an answer by end of week ........ and I'm sure that was last week?

I'm glad Deontay has upped the urgency now and accepted the UK terms as this really strips Hearn and AJ of any excuse but I'm starting to think Hearn / AJ may of settled on a pay day with Povetkin then the Deontay fight?

This is why for ages I was saying Deontay needs to stop playing hardball and just sign and make the big bucks in the rematch, could you imagine if he hadn't conceded? the fight would of turned into Floyd vs Pac (3 years in the making).

Hearn said he'll be sending the contract last week, if we haven't heard anything by end of next week then that's cause for concern.

........... unless their just going back and forth over the date of the fight? all of this having to move it due to GGG vs Canelo nonsense.

I may be being optimistic but the quietness from both sides since the claim of a contract being sent for the end of last week, gives me a lot of hope...
If Wilders team hadn't signed it, wouldn't Hearn have said by now?
If the contract hadn't been sent or had B. Sht terms in it, wouldn't Wilders team have said by now?

I feel like they must be working out details as I type this...

Any ideas?
@RR

Back