Heart punching?

eternaldarkness

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what are your thoughts on it? i had a trainer when i was a kid who was a southpaw and a big advocate of heart punches. i'm orthodox so i'm more into the left hook to the liver, but southpaws are lined up for the heart punch all day. just wondering if anybody uses it or has ever been taught the heart punch?

what are your thoughts on it? i had a trainer when i was a kid who was a southpaw and a big advocate of heart punches. i'm orthodox so i'm more into the left hook to the liver, but southpaws are lined up for the heart punch all day. just wondering if anybody uses it or has ever been taught the heart punch?
Dont forget to target the back of the head too.

tenor.gif

it's a legit target. is it worth throwing compared to the liver or solar plexus shot is more the question?
I don't see why it would be more painful than the opposite side of the fairly well protected upper ribcage

Chest cavity does a pretty well job at protecting this. The stomach is just softer.

Getting kneed in the chest is super painful though

could it be a SP tactic to turn the opponent for the cross. Iv heard of punching the shoulder for this reason

Southpaw are not lined for the heart as the heart is in the centre of the body not the left side contrarily to popular belief.

For damage? I don't think so. The sternum can be quite strong if i might add.

Southpaw are not lined for the heart as the heart is in the centre of the body not the left side contrarily to popular belief.
being southpaw vs orthodox lines up all manner of straight punches to the body that are unavailable orthodox vs orthodox.

this heart punch sounds like bs Indiana Jones stuff.

Back