Heart punching?

being southpaw vs orthodox lines up all manner of straight punches to the body that are unavailable orthodox vs orthodox.

In that case orthodox vs. southpaw works the same. And even orthodox vs. orthodox works the same if the target is in the centre of the body.

Southpaw are not lined for the heart as the heart is in the centre of the body not the left side contrarily to popular belief.

This, the reason you can feel the heart on the left and and not the right is due to the angle the heart sits in the chest.

How about jabbing to the chest to maintain distance and lowering a guys hands? Ive heard of that but now a punch to the heart

In that case orthodox vs. southpaw works the same. And even orthodox vs. orthodox works the same if the target is in the centre of the body.
Yes it does. Orthodox vs orthodox only works if your opponent is standing too squarely.

Yes it does. Orthodox vs orthodox only works if your opponent is standing too squarely.

You're saying you're an advocate of the liver punch with the left hook, but somehow you can't left hook to the center of their body?

You're saying you're an advocate of the liver punch with the left hook, but somehow you can't left hook to the center of their body?
Sounds about right. Unless they are opposite leads the only body shot that lands squarely against a good boxer is the uppercut.

You mean punching to the sternum?
My friend told me a story that his dad told him once. So his dad was at a party and got in a fight. Now realize that his dad has good genetics for muscle mass as well as the fact that he was on steroids and meth back in the day. He says he punched the dude as hard as he could in the sternum and the guy coughed up blood. I guess his dad freaked out after that and just dipped. The "Heart punch" seems plausble to me, but I think you'd have to be a freak of science/nature for it to be possible.

I'm not buying it. The heart in a very well protected spot:

maxresdefault.jpg

I've been dropped by strikes to the solar plexus but never to the heart.

could it be a SP tactic to turn the opponent for the cross. Iv heard of punching the shoulder for this reason
What has anime done to millenials?

I'm not buying it. The heart in a very well protected spot:

maxresdefault.jpg

I've been dropped by strikes to the solar plexus but never to the heart.

Do you mean 6 years of kosshijutsu were for nothing?

My friend told me a story that his dad told him once. So his dad was at a party and got in a fight. Now realize that his dad has good genetics for muscle mass as well as the fact that he was on steroids and meth back in the day. He says he punched the dude as hard as he could in the sternum and the guy coughed up blood. I guess his dad freaked out after that and just dipped. The "Heart punch" seems plausble to me, but I think you'd have to be a freak of science/nature for it to be possible.
I saw my brother melt a bloke in an amateur mma fight with punches to the chest. Nothing as decisive as a good liver shot, but his opponent just wilted under the barrage.

Heart punch, naw. Solar plexus? Hell yes. Theres a little space thats between the top of your abs and just below your sternum. Make a fist and tap that spot a few times and tell me how it feels? Its a pretty soft target, and can take the wind right out of you.

Heart punch, naw. Solar plexus? Hell yes. Theres a little space thats between the top of your abs and just below your sternum. Make a fist and tap that spot a few times and tell me how it feels? Its a pretty soft target, and can take the wind right out of you.

There are actually 3 spots on the center line of the solar plexus, when you hit with a glove you might hit any of them.

interesting.....

I read a lot of this in the Sailor Steve Costigan boxing stores by Robert E. Howard. Any fight against a tough opponent turned into a body shot match, and then he'd start heart punching (sometimes described as punching in the armpit area). Then again unless your boxing demons / gorilla men it may not be applicable.

Back