Hearthstone thread?

Byron Carter

Purveyor of Wisdom
Banned
Reaction score
Used search, can't find anything.

Who all is playing?

Warsong Commander has officially been nerfed! If you keep running into bullshit Warsong/Patron combos then this is a glorious day! I think they might have actually nerfed it too much but it makes the Patron deck much less viable now (although still strong). I was so sick and tired of getting to rank 15 or so and then just running into Patron decks.

I think the other card that needs to be nerfed/removed is Mysterious Challenger.

I went pretty hard when it first came out, was just a damn good way to kill like half an hour.

Fired it back up for a bit when did the x-promotion w/ WoW where you get a WoW mount for so many HS victories.

Have barely touched it since then. Fun game tho, I keep it installed just in case.

The warsong nerf outright kills patron. They should have found a better way to fix it.

Blizzard has been terrible at balancing hearthstone. They barely do any balancing but when they do its overkill, like when they destroyed miracle rogue and that wasnt as bad as patron warrior.

Also last expansion was shit. Nobody even uses any TGT cards. Its a shame how awesome their HOTS balance team is yet HS one is just sad. I can't even force myself to play in the cancer meta.

why didn't they just tweak frothing berserker to say a 4-3?

If I get back into it I'll hit you up, thanks for the offer

I think a better nerf would have just been if attacks exceed 3, they lose charge.

I think coding that shit would have been rough though, and that may be why they didnt do that.

still playing. i'm trying to get better lately, and i'm ranking up with a paladin deck at the moment (only at rank 10 but i have a decent win streak).

my ID is Hitherepals#1439, feel free to add me.

why didn't they just tweak frothing berserker to say a 4-3?

Because it doesn't really solve the problem, which is granting minions charge. Being able to give multiple minions charge that either a) multiply like rabbits, or b) gain a stupid amount of attack afterward cripples the game. Plus there's crap like whirlwind, death's bite deathrattle, and giving minions charge like Unstable Ghoul that you can suicide for whirlwind deathrattle that make it entirely too easy to get Frothings up to 16+ damage on an EMPTY board.

There was a tournament where Fibonacci played against a patron warrior and he literally couldn't play anything on the board because it would just feed combo. The dude was holding onto a Ysera, Sylvannas, and Alexstraza. But he couldn't play any of them, even on an empty board. Giving Frothing Beserker 1 less health and pushing 40 damage a turn instead of 50 doesn't balance anything.

Video in question -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wHpJ7SvoAQ (1:35 mark)

I still think the warsong nerf makes no sense. There's no reason it couldn't be a 2 mana card. It's a worse raid leader. I'll take it over not seeing another patron rope, though.

Been playing since beta, still play pretty often. I main warrior control but play a little of everything. The GvG set was a ridiculous buff to agro decks, like they needed it. I'm mike90 on there too, I think my number is 1806.

What types of decks do you guys play?

The way Blizzard sees it, Warsong was a card that never should have existed. So they're fine with killing it. I tend to agree. Charge is kind of a BS mechanic in Hearthstone. I'm certainly not going to mourn the loss of Patron Warrior.

the tavern brawl going on now is awesome.

Been playing since beta, still play pretty often. I main warrior control but play a little of everything. The GvG set was a ridiculous buff to agro decks, like they needed it. I'm mike90 on there too, I think my number is 1806.

What types of decks do you guys play?

I play a "I have no idea what I'm doing" deck for each class

The co-op aspect is fun, when you're "opponent" knows what to do. Have wracked up over a dozen wins now. Managed to hit mechazod with a 72 power icehowl which was fun.

I play a "I have no idea what I'm doing" deck for each class

Lol I've been there. I was mostly playing priest when I started, but found out I like winning too much for that. What's your favorite class?

Lol I've been there. I was mostly playing priest when I started, but found out I like winning too much for that. What's your favorite class?

Well, my main in WoW is a Warlock, so that's pretty much what I mostly play in HS, although I think maybe how it plays in HS is not well suited for me. But then it's not like I'm knowledgeable enough about the game to really know what I do work best with, so.

I kinda dig Paladin, kinda dig Priest. But really I'm terrible at everything. It's either stomp the AI or get stomped by real players, no matter what class / deck I use

I play very often.

I play a rogue deck. Most fun class imo, with combos and all.

Well, my main in WoW is a Warlock, so that's pretty much what I mostly play in HS, although I think maybe how it plays in HS is not well suited for me. But then it's not like I'm knowledgeable enough about the game to really know what I do work best with, so.

I kinda dig Paladin, kinda dig Priest. But really I'm terrible at everything. It's either stomp the AI or get stomped by real players, no matter what class / deck I use

Well I've been playing for a while now, I might be able to help you come up with a good deck. What kind of play style do you like? If you want to play control you will need a lot of dust except for maybe budget priest.

Warlock is best suited to an agro/rush strategy unless you have enough cards to make a handlock deck which takes some epics and legendaries. The cheapest thing to play is always agro in HS since you can get by with mostly commons and rares.

If you like agro you can make a very competitive deck for very little dust. Not my playstyle for the most part but very effective in this game since the attacker almpst always has the advantage.

I play very often.

I play a rogue deck. Most fun class imo, with combos and all.

Yeah I don't play a lot of rogue but it's a great class. Probably takes the most skill to play of all the classes. Man the auctioneer and Leeroy nerfs were hard on them though.

What kind of deck are you running? Is it one of the new mech and weapon damage combo decks?

Well I've been playing for a while now, I might be able to help you come up with a good deck. What kind of play style do you like? If you want to play control you will need a lot of dust except for maybe budget priest.

Warlock is best suited to an agro/rush strategy unless you have enough cards to make a handlock deck which takes some epics and legendaries. The cheapest thing to play is always agro in HS since you can get by with mostly commons and rares.

I don't even really know enough about all the intricacies to say which playstyle I like best. Honestly I mostly just screw around. I'm sure I get rekt a lot because I haven't looked much into how the various cards synergize. I kinda just glance over what I have available and try to make common sense judgements about what should work well together.

Been playing for a few weeks, I'm still pretty terrible.

still playing. i'm trying to get better lately, and i'm ranking up with a paladin deck at the moment (only at rank 10 but i have a decent win streak).

my ID is Hitherepals#1439, feel free to add me.

Hey I got your invite laste night and added you thanks.

I don't even really know enough about all the intricacies to say which playstyle I like best. Honestly I mostly just screw around. I'm sure I get rekt a lot because I haven't looked much into how the various cards synergize. I kinda just glance over what I have available and try to make common sense judgements about what should work well together.

Ok if you need some help with deck building I recommend hearthpwn they have a lot of good decks there. Do you have any epics or legendaries yet? How much dust do you have?

Hey I got your invite laste night and added you thanks.

yeah, i saw that. thanks!

have you ever gotten to legendary? i tried ranking up the ladder a bit more seriously a couple seasons ago and made it to rank 6 (ancient of war rank, whichever that is), but that's the best i've done.

i'm also wondering if i should craft a big game hunter with the dust i have now (700 something), or try to save up more for sylvanas.

yeah, i saw that. thanks!

have you ever gotten to legendary? i tried ranking up the ladder a bit more seriously a couple seasons ago and made it to rank 6 (ancient of war rank, whichever that is), but that's the best i've done.

i'm also wondering if i should craft a big game hunter with the dust i have now (700 something), or try to save up more for sylvanas.

No the closest I ever got was rank 4 a few months ago. I reeallly wanted to make it for the longest time but it's just so grindy after rank 5 I always lose patience.

As to what to craft, first which class were you playing? Bgh is awesome in the current meta since everyone is running dr boom now. It's great against handlock and control warrior too. So it's sort of dependent on what class you're playing and what your having trouble with.

However sylvanas is really really good also, one of the best legendaries in the game imo. Every deck doesnt necessarily need a bgh, but you can put Sylvanas in any control or midrange deck so I think it's more versatile.

Do you have any cards from Nax or Goblins vs gnomes?

yeah, i have all of the Naxx cards and a lot of the GvG cards. i've gotten Malorne, Gazlowe, and Dr. Boom (thank god i got him in one of the first GvG packs i opened) and i have at least one of a lot of the basic GvG cards. the other legendaries i have are Cenarius, Antonidas, The Beast, and Onyxia.

the two decks i'm running now in ranked are a ramp druid, and a paladin deck with a number of cheap minions a couple muster for battle/quartermaster combos and stuff.

like you said, sylvanas is a pretty fundamental legendary, and i could use a naturalize in the druid deck to serve the purpose of a bgh, but it would still be great to have one.

yeah, i have all of the Naxx cards and a lot of the GvG cards. i've gotten Malorne, Gazlowe, and Dr. Boom (thank god i got him in one of the first GvG packs i opened) and i have at least one of a lot of the basic GvG cards. the other legendaries i have are Cenarius, Antonidas, The Beast, and Onyxia.

the two decks i'm running now in ranked are a ramp druid, and a paladin deck with a number of cheap minions a couple muster for battle/quartermaster combos and stuff.

like you said, sylvanas is a pretty fundamental legendary, and i could use a naturalize in the druid deck to serve the purpose of a bgh, but it would still be great to have one.

Ah ok it's great that you have nax so many good cards in that set. Hah I got a Dr. Boom in one of my first few packs too he's so awesome I run him in everything.

I can see why you are thinking about a bgh if you play druid, they have so few answers for creatures that size. If yiu are running into a lot of handlock and control warrior I would get him and get syl later.

I play control warrior a lot and the druid matchup is always tough for me if they have a bgh. Do you run the force of nature and Savage roar combo?

Oh also I don't know if you have a tinkmaster but he can have a similar effect to a bgh if you can control their board. Naturalize can work too I just hate giving them cards

Ok if you need some help with deck building I recommend hearthpwn they have a lot of good decks there. Do you have any epics or legendaries yet? How much dust do you have?

I think I have one legendary, the pally dude ... haha oh man, making it pretty obvious how little I play / know about the game. No clue how much dust I have, I'd have to hop on to check.

Looks like I'll be having a lot more free time here soon, so I'll check hearthpwn out and see if I can get something going

Back