Hearthstone thread?

the lifesteal keyword is one that's been missing from the game for ages, so it's good to see it. i'm not playing much HS these days at all, but i'll still get excited for a new expansion.

Are 'there good to know's for when you start this game ?
there's a good playlist of youtube videos from a popular Hearthstone streamer named Trump:

it's sort of out of date, but the concepts he goes through are core to the game and still very relevant.

How is everyone enjoying the expansion so far? I got ridiculously lucky with the 5 packs I had and got 3 legendaries. The Deathstalker Rexxar, Professor Putricide, and Prince Kelseth. Since I got Rexxar and Putricide I went ahead and made a secret hunter deck. Unfortunately, it seems like the deck is just way too slow to take advantage of Putricide. You do not get a lot of value from it since you have to play a secret in order to get a secret and by turn 6 you will need to play Rexxar out of necessity to control the board. The hero power is okay but once again its too slow as you lose control of the board very quickly against other decks. I am thinking of scrapping both Rexxar and Putricide and going for something else. The mages and priests seem to be ruling the ladder at the moment but we'll see how the meta changes over the next few weeks.

Overall, I am liking the expansion so far and the cards have been interesting and fun to play. I really wish they would rotate certain cards out like Alexstraza, Auctioneer, and Ice Block but we all know how stingy Blizzard is about removing cards from the game.

I am trying out the dark priest with benedictus, Kazakus, and raza. The versatility of the deck is insane.

I am trying out the dark priest with benedictus, Kazakus, and raza. The versatility of the deck is insane.
i made a death knight priest deck just now to try it out and see how it did, and won four games in a row (only around rank 14). loving it so far, and won a mirror match which always feels good. i thought about putting benedictus in the deck too, but i think it would water the deck down too much and might take away the "one of" nature of the deck that enables kazakus and raza. i did put lyra in though, to get some hero power chains with a radiant elemental.

opened a little over 70 packs for the new expansion and only opened four legendaries: benedictus, the warlock lifesteal/discard legendary, the 4-drop prince, and luckily the lich king. then i got the rogue death knight from the solo adventure, and i crafted the priest death knight.

Anyone still playing? Holy shit the balance changes they announced are nuts! What does everyone think?

Fiery War Axe - Up to 3 mana from 2
Innervate - Only gives 1 mana crystal instead of 2 (!!!!!)
Hex - Up to 4 mana from 3 (!!!!!)
Murloc Warleader - Gives Murlocs +2 attack now instead of +2/+1 (!!!!!!)
Spreading Plague - Up to 6 mana instead of 5

These are huge changes. Innervate getting nerfed is absolutely insane. I don't know if I necessarily agree with Hex now costing more but they said they have the data to back up the changes. Murloc Warleader is a giant change that makes it seriously weaker since basic AOE's can now clear the board so much easier. Spreading Plague I fully agree with, I think you could have even upped it to 7/8 mana since its such a huge swing. Fiery War Axe being 3 slows down the pirates so I am okay with that one. They are also talking about removing Ice Block at the start of the year, which absolutely needs to happen IMO. Apparently the data says Ultimate Infestation is perfectly fine in its current form which I don't agree with but I guess it is.

Anyone still playing? Holy shit the balance changes they announced are nuts! What does everyone think?

These are huge changes. Innervate getting nerfed is absolutely insane. I don't know if I necessarily agree with Hex now costing more but they said they have the data to back up the changes. Murloc Warleader is a giant change that makes it seriously weaker since basic AOE's can now clear the board so much easier. Spreading Plague I fully agree with, I think you could have even upped it to 7/8 mana since its such a huge swing. Fiery War Axe being 3 slows down the pirates so I am okay with that one. They are also talking about removing Ice Block at the start of the year, which absolutely needs to happen IMO. Apparently the data says Ultimate Infestation is perfectly fine in its current form which I don't agree with but I guess it is.
yeah, the fiery war axe and innervate changes are huge changes to cards that have been pretty much ubiquitous for their classes from the beginning.

Druid is out of control right now, so I'm all for nerfs to that class. Jade Druid is basically the control version of Pirate Warrior in that it is, bar none, the best control option available.

I hate the Fiery War axe nerf. It's now a total shit option for a weapon compared to the others.

Hex was surprising. Seemed fine the way it was to me.

Murloc Warleader seemed fine to me too.

Ultimate Infestation is about as broken a card as I have ever seen.

Druid is out of control right now, so I'm all for nerfs to that class. Jade Druid is basically the control version of Pirate Warrior in that it is, bar none, the best control option available.

I hate the Fiery War axe nerf. It's now a total shit option for a weapon compared to the others.

Hex was surprising. Seemed fine the way it was to me.

Murloc Warleader seemed fine to me too.

Ultimate Infestation is about as broken a card as I have ever seen.

I was playing tavern brawls several days ago.

If you mulligan 2 ultimate infestations you win in turn 1.

i'm really loving mill rogue. i used to play mill druid back when you could explosive sheep + poison seeds combo to clear the board, and haven't found a good mill deck since but this one is a blast and easily my favorite since the new expansion.

Yep, huge nerfs, the war axe really fucks the aggro Warrior, or any warrior, innvervate to 1 is a big fuck you to everyone imo, Hex idk i think its ok kinda balances out against polymorph, Murlok Warleader was too OP so its ok

finally got my second golden hero, with mage this time. took a long time, but it went much faster after i crafted the death knight and played an elemental mage deck.

2rwl3s9.png

14ub9k9.png

Everyone is playing Tempo Rogue and RazaKus on ladder right now, i actually went to rank 11 yesterday with Big Priest i still enjoy playing it, my Tempo Rogue is half assed because i dont have Shaku or Edwin

Shaku I don't think is that necessary for tempo rogue. It's nice, but I subbed in Xaril for him and it gets by just fine. Not having Edwin is a bit of a hit, though. It's nice in the priest match up to try and get an early Silence or Death out of their deck so that Cobalt Scalebanes are a little more of a sure thing.

Any of you pay attention to the HCT Summer Championship at all? There was a pretty intense game with Evolve Shaman and Highlander Mage that ended in surprising fashion. There's a couple points in the shaman's shoes where I probably would have just conceded.

Shaku I don't think is that necessary for tempo rogue. It's nice, but I subbed in Xaril for him and it gets by just fine. Not having Edwin is a bit of a hit, though. It's nice in the priest match up to try and get an early Silence or Death out of their deck so that Cobalt Scalebanes are a little more of a sure thing.

Any of you pay attention to the HCT Summer Championship at all? There was a pretty intense game with Evolve Shaman and Highlander Mage that ended in surprising fashion. There's a couple points in the shaman's shoes where I probably would have just conceded.

watched most of the matches, i was so glad the Cocosasa that BM dicksucker got eliminated, shame that great players like Pavel couldnt pull through because he played it too safe, having too many tech cards against Murloc or Pirates, glad to see the diversity in decks though, but if i went to a tournament i would take Evo Shaman, Jade Druid, RazaKus, Tempo Rogue; which was what everyone brought and there were mirror matches everywhere, i love playing Warlock but i dont have the cards to put the Demon handlock together, i think its one of the strongest and its not in tournaments alot, Hunter is overrated imo right now

watched most of the matches, i was so glad the Cocosasa that BM dicksucker got eliminated, shame that great players like Pavel couldnt pull through because he played it too safe, having too many tech cards against Murloc or Pirates, glad to see the diversity in decks though, but if i went to a tournament i would take Evo Shaman, Jade Druid, RazaKus, Tempo Rogue; which was what everyone brought and there were mirror matches everywhere, i love playing Warlock but i dont have the cards to put the Demon handlock together, i think its one of the strongest and its not in tournaments alot, Hunter is overrated imo right now

I didn't see a lot of what Cocosasa did other than the wave which he said later he was directing at Velen and not at Baize. Either way it looked dumb for him though since he didn't even make top 8. It's a shame Pavel couldn't get to Worlds but I'm pretty happy for Orange so I can't be too upset. A lot of people did bring the same lineups but the tech choices were interesting, like bringing Cairne and Barnes in Shaman. It's also funny that for all the people who brought that Shaman/Rogue/Priest/Druid lineup, the player who won had brought Murloc Paladin. Hunter I think is okay for laddering but it's definitely bad in the context of a tournament. As for warlock, I agree it's pretty powerful. I didn't have the death knight so I had to scrape together some dust to craft it, but it's been worth it IMO. Even zoo feels pretty fun and I've never liked zoo.

I didn't see a lot of what Cocosasa did other than the wave which he said later he was directing at Velen and not at Baize. Either way it looked dumb for him though since he didn't even make top 8. It's a shame Pavel couldn't get to Worlds but I'm pretty happy for Orange so I can't be too upset. A lot of people did bring the same lineups but the tech choices were interesting, like bringing Cairne and Barnes in Shaman. It's also funny that for all the people who brought that Shaman/Rogue/Priest/Druid lineup, the player who won had brought Murloc Paladin. Hunter I think is okay for laddering but it's definitely bad in the context of a tournament. As for warlock, I agree it's pretty powerful. I didn't have the death knight so I had to scrape together some dust to craft it, but it's been worth it IMO. Even zoo feels pretty fun and I've never liked zoo.

caught me offguard the Barnes in Evo Shaman, so out of nowhere, the % is really low but if you took out an Aya or something make it worth it, im still not sold on using it myself

Zoo was so much fun to play, needs to make a strong comeback

I have no idea why I keep this installed on my phone. I don't think I've played since Naxx. I guess I like the idea that if I have some downtime away from my desktop I can fire it up and screw around.

Last edited:
I am struggling this season on highlander priest... jade druid and evo shaman are so goddamn strong holy smokes

I am struggling this season on highlander priest... jade druid and evo shaman are so goddamn strong holy smokes
evolve shaman turn 6 and jade druid 10 mana turn (whichever turn that is) are killers.

Back