Hearthstone thread?

Yeah.. I can't believe what they've done to it.

It's so pay to win now it's insane.

There are so many must have legendary cards now they are so incredibly powerful compared to the other stuff.. you can't get them without paying lots of money for boosters/arena tickets.

I tried one casual match and decided not to play anymore.

Give Eternal a try if you haven't already. The tutorial is tedious as an experienced player but after that you're off to the races. Much better F2P model. You can actually interact with your opponents cards. You keep your cards from doing Forge and Draft. Monthly Sealed Leagues. Weekly constructed tournaments. The whole 9.

I gladly drop money on this game to draft, enter tournaments, or play in the sealed league because it's such a good value compared to other online TCGs.

Give Eternal a try if you haven't already. The tutorial is tedious as an experienced player but after that you're off to the races. Much better F2P model. You can actually interact with your opponents cards. You keep your cards from doing Forge and Draft. Monthly Sealed Leagues. Weekly constructed tournaments. The whole 9.

I gladly drop money on this game to draft, enter tournaments, or play in the sealed league because it's such a good value compared to other online TCGs.

I've been playing Horus Heresy: Legions on phone. Scratches that itch and I love the lore. Very easy to get cards without money especially once you've gotten good.

You can do 10 ticket arenas and you get 10 times the reward. Do your dailies for a few weeks and save up arena tickets then do one 10x arena for tons of currency and rare cards. You get enough currency for about 30-40 booster packs with one 10x arena win... and you get all your tickets back so you can do it again and again.

The catch is you need to win 12 matches for the best reward and get all your tickets back.

Last edited:
I've been playing Horus Heresy: Legions on phone. Scratches that itch and I love the lore. Very easy to get cards without money especially once you've gotten good.

You can do 10 ticket arenas and you get 10 times the reward. Do your dailies for a few weeks and save up arena tickets then do one 10x arena for tons of currency and rare cards. You get enough currency for about 30-40 booster packs with one 10x arena win... and you get all your tickets back so you can do it again and again.

The catch is you need to win 12 matches for the best reward and get all your tickets back.

A draft in Eternal is 500 Gems (p2p) or 5K Gold (f2p) you open 4 packs (4K gold value) and keep all the cards you pick regardless of W/L. You also get 100 Shiftstone (dust) for every pack you open regardless of how you got it. If you go 0-3 you get two silver chests worth ~500 gold. So at worst you're out 500 gold. At 7-x you get 3 Diamonds chests which each give you ~2K gold, a pack, and a premium card of random rarity. You're up in value if you go at least 4-3 which is pretty easy to do. Additionally, any chest below Diamond has a 10% chance to upgrade on opening to the next tier.

Eternal seems right up your alley man. Give it a shot! It's on mobile too.

yeah, i think i'm going to sit out this next hearthstone expansion, and probably all the rest from here on out. i never play the game anymore, and have basically moved on.

for my money Gwent is easily the best ccg out there at the moment. i loved the old version, but i also think Homecoming has been a successful relaunching of the game (at least from the standpoint of whether or not the game is still fun).

i'll probably have to try Artifact when it comes out too though.

Back