Hearts of Iron IV: World War II Grand Strategy (UPDATE March 2018 - New DLC)

All of you are pussies for not starting your game in Crusader Kings. Then to Europa Universalis. Then to Hearts of Iron.

I'm still in the middle of mad ass war over Turkey in the 17th century with my Byzantine Empire against Assabnids while Spain, France and half of Scandinavia and fucking Iceland is Muslim.

I’ve started two new games as Italy and one as France. The events in the game are funny sometimes. My Italy game is more or less the same as in history, with Japan joining the Axis and declaring war against the US and Germany starting its invasion around the time it did. But in my France game, Japan joined the Axis and declared war against the US in 1936 lol. The Soviets also got involved in Japan’s war against China in the same year with Germany and Italy helping them out. So it’s in 1937 now and the Wehrmacht is marching towards Moscow lol. I’ve turned France fascist so I’m sending volunteers to help the Axis although I’m not sure I want to join them yet.

All of you are pussies for not starting your game in Crusader Kings. Then to Europa Universalis. Then to Hearts of Iron.
I didn’t know you could do that.

I'm still in the middle of mad ass war over Turkey in the 17th century with my Byzantine Empire against Assabnids while Spain, France and half of Scandinavia and fucking Iceland is Muslim.
I’m not one of those people but some would say that’s how it is in real life..

Fuck out of here with that. I don't have 5 months to put into a campaign.

England will fight on!!!!!

sidenote: seriously fuck the american AI...absolutely useless. They invade the man land and dont keep a constant stream of fresh troops coming in which ended up having me loose 5 full army's and fresh meteors

All of the major power AI is pretty much worthless for air/sea invasions. I've never had a problem fending one off.

Last edited:
My new goal is figuring out how to survive as Ethiopia. Just tried and the game ended in about 15 minutes lol

You forgot Victoria. Good luck lmao.

All of the major power AI is pretty much worthless for land/sea invasions. I've never had a problem fending one off.

In Total War Empire and Napoleon you were invincible as UK because the French didn't even try to invade.

My Vichy France game is going quite well in terms of our side winning. I made sure to stay out of the conflict with the west and focused on the USSR and the communists, defeated them, helped Japan win the war against China and then finally declared war on the Allies. Defeated Britain and conquered the US. Now the Latin American nations are the only ones left and it’s kind of getting boring as there is no challenge.

My Vichy France game is going quite well in terms of our side winning. I made sure to stay out of the conflict with the west and focused on the USSR and the communists, defeated them, helped Japan win the war against China and then finally declared war on the Allies. Defeated Britain and conquered the US. Now the Latin American nations are the only ones left and it’s kind of getting boring as there is no challenge.

So once you take Latin America who's left? Or is that total domination for VF?

So once you take Latin America who's left? Or is that total domination for VF?
Total domination of the Axis I mean. I think there might be a few neutral countries in the middle east but their time will come too. There are many countries on the Axis in my game which leveled the playing field, but the most dominant obviously being Germany, Japan, Italy, and me. Fascist Portugal became a pretty big player as well somehow. I am thinking of taking on the rest of the Axis after South America is taken over but it sounds like too much work as I think I would singlehandedly be going against the entire rest of the world.

I took a break for a few weeks, then started up a game and created the British Empire.

Not a bad ending.

20160906224808_1.jpg

20160906224812_1.jpg

Game ended after the last peace treaty with the Axis, so I couldn't declare on Spain or Italy who were in my faction. Ah well.

I took a break for a few weeks, then started up a game and created the British Empire.

Not a bad ending.

20160906224808_1.jpg

20160906224812_1.jpg

Game ended after the last peace treaty with the Axis, so I couldn't declare on Spain or Italy who were in my faction. Ah well.

'

the british posters are gonna be so pleased with with this

UPDATE: "Waking the Tiger" DLC To Be Released March 8th
Paradox%20Launcher.png
New additions include:

- New National Focus Trees for China & warlord countries
- New Nation Focus Trees for Japan
- Huge Updates To Naval Warfare (Submarines are no longer useless!)
- Special forces revamp (no more spamming Marines & Mountaineers)
- Chain of Command: you can now assign Field Marshall to command multiple armies (so Eisenhower can kind of be the Supreme Allied Commander he was always meant to be)
- Border conflicts
- Weather acclimatization (troops who spend more time in the snow will gain bonuses for fighting in cold regions)
- Lots of UI improvements
- Supply drops for paratroopers!
- And a whole lot more, see https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...kes-waking-the-tiger-features-so-far.1062742/ for a somewhat full list

Announcement Trailer:

Three Day War - Streamers + Devs

Together for Victory and Death or Dishonor DLC's left a bit to be desired, but Waking The Tiger definitely looks to be worth the price. And the general updates for 1.5 are long overdue, but very welcome.

Naval warfare for a long time has been pretty broken, with fleet composition having no depth at all and submarines being completely useless (how the hell are you going to make a WWII game where the U-Boat isn't practical).

I'm anxiously awaiting Thursday.

nice I just got a pc and was about to make a thread asking about this game, couldnt remember what it was called. glad this got bumped

Have not played in awhile but I still have it installed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back