Heather Hardy and Ana Julaton To Fight At Bellator 194, Will Also Box At A Later Date

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/...t-bellator-194-compete-in-future-boxing-match

Heather Hardy and Ana Julaton are going to make some Bellator history next month.

The two women’s flyweight MMA competitors — and top-notch boxers — will fight at Bellator 194 on Feb. 16 at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut, promotion officials told MMA Fighting on Thursday. They have also agreed to compete in a boxing match at a later date.

The MMA-to-boxing scenario was brokered as a joint deal between Bellator, Hardy’s DiBella Entertainment promotional company and Julaton’s Orion Sports Management. All three parties will co-promote both the MMA and boxing matchups.

Hardy, 35, debuted for Bellator in a big way at Bellator NYC last June, defeating Alice Yauger by third-round TKO in a bloody war. The Brooklyn native lost her next bout by second-round TKO to Kristina Williams in October. Hardy is 20-0 (1 NC) as a boxer, the current WBC International female featherweight champion and a budding draw in the New York area and beyond.

Julaton, 37, fell in her Bellator debut in October against Lisa Blaine by split decision. The San Francisco native went 2-2 during a two-year run with ONE Championship in Asia. Julaton is 14-4-1 in boxing and is an 11-year veteran of that sport. The Filipina fighter is the former WBO World female super bantamweight title and has won two in a row.

Bellator 194 in Uncasville, Conn., will be headlined by a heavyweight grand prix tournament fight between Roy Nelson and Matt Mitrione. The co-main event features a lightweight fight between Patricky Freire and Derek Campos.

Hardy vs. Julaton will be on the main card. The date and location of the future boxing match between the two women has not yet been decided.

Right fight to make in mma, dont really care about the boxing though.

Think Hardy wins this, she's been more impressive than Julaton. Hardy losing the last fight was a setback. Think if Hardy can rebound and get another win or two she'll get a title shot this year.

Crazy how the fight still worked out. Both coming off losses as opposed to wins.

I need to give it to heather. She lost her last bout,but she showed a ton of heart.

So whats the girl who crushed Hardy doing? She should have been give a fight by now.

Kicks were a big problem for Heather last time out, and Julaton used nothing but kicks in her Bellator fight, so I give her the edge.

So whats the girl who crushed Hardy doing? She should have been give a fight by now.
She looked kinda raw, wouldn't be surprised if they give her a can or two in the next few months while she (hopefully) improves.

They should have given Kristina Williams a quick turn around. She honestly has it all. She is young, cute, and seems to have decent skill. I would sign her and invest in her

yeah, they should have put everything they were planning on putting into Hardy behind Williams instead.

Thanks. Is there a set date? I was actually pretty impressed and i'm fairly critical of most things WMMA.

I think her ability to read Hardy's head movement and patterns, and adapt to them was very impressive.

I think her ability to read Hardy's head movement and patterns, and adapt to them was very impressive.

You rock. I love Caldwell so glad to see his card get another fighter I'm excited to watch on his card.

Solid. I’m not high on women’s mma (aside from cyborg, thug rose, and maybe macfarlane), but I’d be lying if I said that Williams didn’t impress. Glad Bellator kept her.

I'm not one to harp on about female fighters looks but I can not get enough of Hardy at the weigh ins.

On the main card?
Shit I miss the Bellator tourney format

They should have given Kristina Williams a quick turn around. She honestly has it all. She is young, cute, and seems to have decent skill. I would sign her and invest in her

This has been addressed a bit already. I should have dropped in last night when I saw the thread but I was tired. Ducote mentioned in another post she was fighting on this card and here is her selling tickets to the event on her Instagram.

3-2 Kristina Williams vs. TBD (Emily Ducote? Said she will fight on this card), Bellator (125)

If this match up pans out it will be a good fight.

Back