Heavy Bag work

Thunderstriker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just a short video of me working the heavy bag. Feel free to critique me on my form and technique, and give me any suggestions to become better!

Good shit. But you should probably tighten up your combos a little bit, you're wide open for counters if you do like that in sparring

Good shit. But you should probably tighten up your combos a little bit, you're wide open for counters if you do like that in sparring

Thanks! I was focusing a little more on power, since it is something that I think I lack since I'm 188cm tall and I weigh 71kg, that is why I might of went a little too wide on times :)

Those punches coming from across the street and around the corner over near Jimmy's house. Looks like fun though.

Make it more realistic by ending on the ridiculous punch and throwing some legit hard straights and pivoting to set them up. Doesn't matter how telegraphed your punch is if you're behind the guy and he's covered up.

Those punches coming from across the street and around the corner over near Jimmy's house. Looks like fun though.

Make it more realistic by ending on the ridiculous punch and throwing some legit hard straights and pivoting to set them up. Doesn't matter how telegraphed your punch is if you're behind the guy and he's covered up.

Yeah, I understand I might've fell in love with wide hooks too much.. :D but, here, in the end of the video, I do a couple stance switches and pivots:

Why not try to upload a full round mate? Maybe preface with if you're working on something specific.

Why not try to upload a full round mate? Maybe preface with if you're working on something specific.
lol @ me or any Sherdogger watching 10-30min of anything that isn't nudes

Concentrated on training and never drink alcohol. I am training boxing Monday Wednesday and Friday

Someone your height should be working straight punches with clean technique. End with a left hook or uppercut/body shot but not mutiple full power hooks in a row

Just a short video of me working the heavy bag. Feel free to critique me on my form and technique, and give me any suggestions to become better!

potentially good power, but you need to practice head movement and counters, or keep your hands up.

Someone your height should be working straight punches with clean technique. End with a left hook or uppercut/body shot but not mutiple full power hooks in a row
Let him bang!

Try working on some jab series rather than just throwing hooks back and forth. Jab, cross, jab. Jab, cross, hook. Jab, cross, uppercut. Jab, cross, body hook. Also I think you're digging in too deep with those hooks.

Too open. Good power, but your punches come from too low position, I guess this due to your lack of guard. When on heavy bag and practicing banging, always make sure you practice coming out from a solid guard position, otherwise you will pick up bad habits.

potentially good power, but you need to practice head movement and counters, or keep your hands up.
Try working on some jab series rather than just throwing hooks back and forth. Jab, cross, jab. Jab, cross, hook. Jab, cross, uppercut. Jab, cross, body hook. Also I think you're digging in too deep with those hooks.
Too open. Good power, but your punches come from too low position, I guess this due to your lack of guard. When on heavy bag and practicing banging, always make sure you practice coming out from a solid guard position, otherwise you will pick up bad habits.

Thank you all for your advice! I will try to make another video where I try to go more technical on the bag, but it just seems that my straights lack power and I need a little more work on that. Also, I would like to mention that I'm not a boxer, I'm a kickboxer, so this is why I might have some of these boxing basics wrong. Here's another video of me working on my kicks:

Thank you all for your advice! I will try to make another video where I try to go more technical on the bag, but it just seems that my straights lack power and I need a little more work on that. Also, I would like to mention that I'm not a boxer, I'm a kickboxer, so this is why I might have some of these boxing basics wrong. Here's another video of me working on my kicks:

I'm a kickboxer too, these are definitely important for either. Are you training independently or do you have a coach? Also I wouldn't worry about blowing anyone to pieces with a jab, focus on getting your range and speed

hooks are great punches to force someone to cover up. Specifically if the guy is unable to counter your hooks. Once he covers up, you can tee of, or attach an opening, see an opportunity, etc etc.

lol @ me or any Sherdogger watching 10-30min of anything that isn't nudes
No one can, that's why I said a round. Then we can split it up by viewing it 10 seconds a time.

<seedat>

hooks are great punches to force someone to cover up. Specifically if the guy is unable to counter your hooks. Once he covers up, you can tee of, or attach an opening, see an opportunity, etc etc.

Yup, that is probably the correct term. Teeing off, I was trying to tee off on the bag with heavy shots, potentially finishing the fight.

I'm a kickboxer too, these are definitely important for either. Are you training independently or do you have a coach? Also I wouldn't worry about blowing anyone to pieces with a jab, focus on getting your range and speed

I'm training with a coach, and I used to compete. I always had range and speed, just recently, for a couple months I've been focusing on power, since many people were able to just walk through my shots and swing on me with hard shots, so this is why I have decided to develop more power to stop them in their tracks when they're charging at me. I was just imagining landing on my opponent, and then hunting down for the kill with heavy shots kinda like here:

But then of course, lots of time till I do it with the speed and power of Canelo :D

Back