Heavyweight is just embarrassing right now

Rampage_Jackson

retired 3/6/21
@red
Reaction score
We had the #6 vs #7 ranked HWs and Lewis was on a 6 fight win streak, best in the division. Round 3 he is standing there with his hands on his fucking hips as Hunt comes near him.

Just sad. Lewis got TKO'd by fatigue. 2 minutes earlier the announcers were talking about what great shape he was in too lol. Wake up Stann.

hw has always been bad bro

Right now, I think it's better than the LHW division.

I know HW is shitty ATM but I would still rather watch them fight than watch MM

We had the #6 vs #7 ranked HWs and Lewis was on a 6 fight win streak, best in the division. Round 3 he is standing there with his hands on his fucking hips as Hunt comes near him.

Just sad. Lewis got TKO'd by fatigue. 2 minutes earlier the announcers were talking about what great shape he was in too lol. Wake up Stann.

Yeah, I remember when Stann said that and Lewis was tired AF.

Stipe is King.
Wedum is getting old.
Reem is getting old.
JDS is getting old. And he will be banned.
Cain is injured and also is getting old.
Same for Arlovski and Browne.
Lewis has lousy cardio.

Ngannou may be a challenger for Stipe, but, for now, he has no notable wins, only and old Arlovski.

At least LHW has 3 elite fighters. HW has Stipe who seems like the beneficiary of a joke of a division.
You mean 2 elite fighters.
Overeem would destroy them both.

What does a HW fight on the lower circuits look like these days? Are there just literally no decent prospects?

It's not just mma, hw Kickboxing is dead, and in boxing HW is also very shallow.

I think all weight divisions go through rises and falls. Some divisions more than others. I would say LHW is worse at the moment. But that's just my opinion...

1jgeOUe.gif

The entire state of mma is pretty embarrassing right now tbh

The match making blows. Mick Maynard doesn't know how to make good fights. The division is fine, just needs someone who knows how to put the right fights together.

Cormier would be stupid not to fight at HW.

Do you not remember Hunt and Rothwell? HW isn't known for tons of fights going a hard 3 or 5 rounds.

Back