Heavyweight is just embarrassing right now

Heavyweight is fucking awesome. They get tired fast because they're like 260lbs. Heavyweight is the best division imo. Everyone has so much power that it's hard for anyone to get a win streak

Heavyweight is fucking awesome. They get tired fast because they're like 260lbs. Heavyweight is the best division imo. Everyone has so much power that it's hard for anyone to get a win streak
Other sports have 260 lb athletes that don't drop hands onto hips in the middle of competition.

I've been a big MMA fan since my pre-teen days but that stuff is just cringeworthy and embarrassing as a fan. Imagine Marc Gasol, a 265 lb NBA player, just stopping in the middle of a possession to watch with his hands on his hips. Unthinkable. Imagine Khalil Mack, a 255 lb NFL player, just stopping mid play to stand with his hands on his hips.

He and Lhw are both in need of talent badly , another Hw tug could be fun i guess

The match making blows. Mick Maynard doesn't know how to make good fights. The division is fine, just needs someone who knows how to put the right fights together.
Yep. As mentioned, Lewis has his hands on his hips in exhaustion, plotting forward to an eventual KO, proceeds to announce his retirement....and now gets rewarded in fighting Verdum? The #2 ranked HW? Makes tons of sense.

Yep. As mentioned, Lewis has his hands on his hips in exhaustion, plotting forward to an eventual KO, proceeds to announce his retirement....and now gets rewarded in fighting Verdum? The #2 ranked HW? Makes tons of sense.
Yeah, it's unbelievable. He was actually rewarded for losing. Meanwhile Alexey subs Travis Browne, something Werdum couldn't do (twice) and then gets the last ranked HW Curtis. And When Alexey beat Browne he was ranked #7 at the time. So Mick books him 8 ranks below for winning!!! WTF!!!

What does a HW fight on the lower circuits look like these days? Are there just literally no decent prospects?

There are probably lots of decent prospects, but this isn't a HW issue, it's the UFC not recruiting prospects for any divisions. They're letting established top ten talent go and not replacing them with anything. Every division is old and stale.

The old farts geriatric division.

Unless the base pay increases in MMA, you aren't going to get high caliber athletes the size of heavyweight men willing to take the risk becoming fighters.

I love Hunto, I do, but he's an old fart we're still shuffling around in a division of old farts because there are no alternatives. Lewis isn't particularly athletic or skilled, just physically big enough and willing.

We crown 8 new All-American heavyweights in the NCAA every year, and virtually none of them join MMA. The risk vs reward is so bad, most of those guys are teaching high school gym for 45k a year.

The UFC needs to make an effort to recruit some young athletes into heavyweight MMA.

Other sports have 260 lb athletes that don't drop hands onto hips in the middle of competition.

I've been a big MMA fan since my pre-teen days but that stuff is just cringeworthy and embarrassing as a fan. Imagine Marc Gasol, a 265 lb NBA player, just stopping in the middle of a possession to watch with his hands on his hips. Unthinkable. Imagine Khalil Mack, a 255 lb NFL player, just stopping mid play to stand with his hands on his hips.
MMA is a very different sport though

Again? Were talking about the HE division be bad....again? Also, what does Lewis gassing out have to do with Stipe, reem, Cain, JDS, Browne, hunt, Francis, etc etc etc?

We had the #6 vs #7 ranked HWs and Lewis was on a 6 fight win streak, best in the division. Round 3 he is standing there with his hands on his fucking hips as Hunt comes near him.

Just sad. Lewis got TKO'd by fatigue. 2 minutes earlier the announcers were talking about what great shape he was in too lol. Wake up Stann.

HW will always be bad. Most people aren't 6'4" and 260 lbs and those that are tend to go into other sports.

LW, WW, MW will always be better because there are more athletic guys, and better conditioned

Taking shots and giving shots will significantly drain your stamina, plus MMA conditioning is more taxing on the energy systems than other sports. These pussy elite athletes are mostly jogging with slight burst of sprint and sometimes will end with an explosive movement at the end. Plus they get plenty of rest in between plays and during plays without worrying about getting grapple fucked, uberkneed or randleplexed.

Pride HW division was my shit

Fedor
Big Nog
Cro Cop
Barnett
Randleman
Herring
Alexander

list goes on

Sad really that there was at era were HW had some of the best technical battles rather than just being a case of wondering who would gas first or get KOed quickly.

Ngannou is only 30 (the equivalent of 20 in lower divisions lol) and seems really promising. Blaydes doesn't seem as promising, but can definently become something great in a few years. Oley
I think all weight divisions go through rises and falls. Some divisions more than others. I would say LHW is worse at the moment. But that's just my opinion...

1jgeOUe.gif
Volkan Oezdemir disagrees with you. Dude is willing to fight Gus and DC.

Back