Heavyweight Prospect - Efe Ajagba

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Been a fortnight and a urchin's age since I've done one of these...
but there's a Nigerian heavyweight prospect, Efe Ajagba, who has some nice highlights.

Doesn't even look like he's touching them that hard, but down they go.
6'5, 25 years old

I said it for years.... as soon as Wlad flew the coop the division would be exciting again.

He looks powerful enough to me! Would love to see the HWs get super exciting again

Good to see these lower level guys get mentioned, so we can hopefully follow them up the path.

Might be worth doing a thread on young talented Heavies that have had less than 10 fights and are looking pretty good(nope, not i, i only know a few)

Would be nice to see him barely graze a real contender and put them out like that, but Ill keep my eyes open for what he can do in the future.

Search function bro....

Ah we'll stick with the original. I said it in the other thread about his reach, wonder if it is genuinly 88". Long armed dude

His opponent ran from the ring like it was Paul Barman in there waiting to trade hands!

Ajagba's promoter, Ringstar Sports CEO Richard Schaefer, is not buying his excuse and says Harper agreed to the money long before the contest took place.

“[Money is] the only reason [he took the fight]. He had agreed to the contract,” Schaefer said to the LA Times.

“There’s absolutely zero doubt that he saw Efe and probably sh*t his pants. Is he going to tell the reporter he was scared? No, he knew how much he was going to get paid. He had signed the contract. We had a fight, but then the guy … leaves. This was like the ‘Fear Factor.’ ”

Wasn't Heavyweight Boxing supposed to be on the uprise?

This fight below is TERRIBLE. Literally everything. They are constantly off balance, no snap in their punches, poor technique, no speed, no real footwork, poor posture, clumsy,

Last edited:
Is this mainly because the fighters start boxing later compared to the 60s (the golden era).

I mean a lot of these guys do american football starting out.

Or wouldn't it have mattered?

I forgot to add: little to no head movement.

It looks like two guys thrown into a boxing ring who aren't boxers.

I can't tell the difference between this and Logan brothers. It is that bad...

He's big and has a big punch, but looks really bad to me. Can't see him getting anywhere near the top.

I remember this happening. Just did a search to see if he talked about it afterward.

“It’s still mind-boggling to me. I tell you, my wife [has] to sit there and hug me sometimes; [there] might be a tear every now and then,” Harper said. “I’m like, damn, I really walked out of a fight. Ain’t no way in hell I should’ve done that.”

Claims it was a dispute over his contract. But he acknowledges that he handled it very poorly (probably because he got blacklisted - even with the excuse I wouldn't blame promoters for not taking the chance).

I remember this happening. Just did a search to see if he talked about it afterward.

Claims it was a dispute over his contract. But he acknowledges that he handled it very poorly (probably because he got blacklisted - even with the excuse I wouldn't blame promoters for not taking the chance).

Apparently he was supposed to get 25k an right before the fight they said he was only gonna get 2k so i guess he said fuck it and left.

Still a work in progress, but he has power in both hands, a 85 inch reach and seems to have good cardio.
He had one scary moment against Kiladze when he had a brainfart. He has been matched rather well, Ali Eren Demirezen was unbeaten and never stopped in the Amateurs or WSoF (he has a stoppage win over Yoka and is 1:1 vs Joyce, the fight that he lost was a draw) and Jonathan Rice had Yoka hurt and running for dear life when he showed up 12 pounds heavier. Amir Mansour was old, but still a decent win for your 9th pro fight.
The Rice fight was also the first fight after the Covid break and after changing coaches, so I cut him some slack. To me he has more upside than Dubois.

Back