Heavyweights' kicking ability

Ruthless_swag

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why do we see very few heavyweights throw head kicks, spinning hook kicks, axe kicks and even push kicks? That's why I feel like Jones is the most complete fighter ever because he can do almost every move that exists in martial arts. I am a huge DC fan but Jones's ability to throw kicks and the way he utilizes elbows is really amazing to watch.

Who are some of the current fighters that are capable of consistently launching high kicks?

Because HWs are generally less athletic.

And this thread is really more about Jon Jones.

Speaking of kicks at HW... There's this guy.

Most less athletic than others. If we're being honest about the heavyweight division. Athleticism hardly matters when half the power of an average heavyweight can KO anyone in the division. It is a puncher's division. Always has been.

mirko-cro_cop-split.jpg

No UFC HW kicks like Cro Cop. The man could throw any kick in the game.
Honorable mentions: JDS, Pat Barry, Mark Hunt, Alistair Overeem.
F*ck Gonzaga too.

Why do we see very few heavyweights throw head kicks, spinning hook kicks, axe kicks and even push kicks? That's why I feel like Jones is the most complete fighter ever because he can do almost every move that exists in martial arts. I am a huge DC fan but Jones's ability to throw kicks and the way he utilizes elbows is really amazing to watch.

Who are some of the current fighters that are capable of consistently launching high kicks?

Volkov, Struve.
Shawn Jordan

Everyone has all kinds of questions about why this or that about HW.

The answer is always the same.

Because there are a lot less human beings that size so there is a smaller talent pool to pick from. There are other reasons too but that's the main one.

No UFC HW kicks like Cro Cop. The man could throw any kick in the game.
Honorable mentions: JDS, Pat Barry, Mark Hunt, Alistair Overeem.
F*ck Gonzaga too.
has reem thrown head kicks though? hunt as well? can't remember. lol. been a while.

Black beast has a nice heavy kick on him

Most seem to struggle throwing hands for more than 3 minutes, I think high kick are asking a lot.

Back