Hellblade.

Defeat Unknown

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Should have made a topic for this a long time ago. Ninja Theory has been consistently releasing info on a regular basis for quite some time. I'll post all incoming info here. Game releases in 20 days. Have it pre-ordered for PC and can't wait to play it.

Dead End Thrills is a site for posting artistic screenshots. They put up a bunch of Hellblade screens. Really impressive stuff. Looks beautiful.

http://deadendthrills.com/gallery/?gid=156

lblade.png

andadarkwindblows.png

synapse.png

runescape.png

therootsofallevil.png

abyss.png

confidante.png

slayer.png

soulman.png

roadofmanysignsalt.png

dreamoffields.png

praythemightyseaalt.png

I don't know why this thread is the first I'm hearing of this game.

I watched this clip a while ago with the creative director talking about the game's design. It's based on how people with psychosis see the world. Pretty interesting angle.

I always get Ninja Theory confused with Team Ninja. I love Team Ninja. Haven't played any Ninja Theory games other than DMC which I loved. This looks amazing and I will be getting it for sure.

10 minutes of gameplay:

Development is finished, as well. Releases in less than 2 weeks.

Incredible trailer.

Photo mode announced, as well as support for PS4 Pro.

apparently its only 6hrs long or some shit....

Yea in a video I watched they talked about wanting to make a AAA game but smaller in scale and then charge less for it as well. That way they don't have to sell as much to make their money back. Basically they are trying this out to see how it works. 6 hrs for $30 isn't bad to me especially if it's a quality game.

What are your favorite movies, songs and books. If I said they sucked because that movie is only 1:30, the song sucks because it's only 3 minutes long, or your favorite book sucks because it's only 295 pages, would that make sense to you? How do you rationalize that length is relative to quality?

Ninja Theory has said they expect it to be 7-9 hours. That's fine. I expect upon replay, it will be even shorter. But what does that matter if the game delivered is focused and enjoyable? Would adding fetch quests and checklists increase the quality of the game, in your opinion? I'm fine with filler being cut out for the sake of delivering a more focused experience. I have little patience for filler any more. The repetition of the same "sidequests" or grinding for hours to increase skills doesn't do much for me these days. If you like that stuff, that's fine, but not every single game needs filler to extend length to justify a purchase.

A lot of people have complained about the expected length and really, what does it matter how long a game is? It's a baffling subject among gamers. You take this mindset to the discussion of any other medium and I don't think you'd get anywhere with it.

Preview of the research they've done into mental health and how they hope to represent it maturely and responsibly, which isn't particularly common in video games.

I've been trying to think of how fascinating it would be for a person to describe their experiences with mental illness to an artist, and then have that artist try to visualize and convey that information, and then get input back from those people during the process of development... To properly represent how someone hears voices in their heads and put that in a game, that's pretty incredible. At least in theory. Look forward to seeing and hearing how it comes across.

Considering I have about 40 games on my backlog, this is good to hear.

Seriously in the middle of Persona 5 right now and that's supposed to be like 70 hours deep. I'm about 24 hours. Not even mentioning all the other games on my backlog + Pillars of Eternity comes out at the end of the month and I want to dive into that since they added controller support.

What are your favorite movies, songs and books. If I said they sucked because that movie is only 1:30, the song sucks because it's only 3 minutes long, or your favorite book sucks because it's only 295 pages, would that make sense to you? How do you rationalize that length is relative to quality?

Ninja Theory has said they expect it to be 7-9 hours. That's fine. I expect upon replay, it will be even shorter. But what does that matter if the game delivered is focused and enjoyable? Would adding fetch quests and checklists increase the quality of the game, in your opinion? I'm fine with filler being cut out for the sake of delivering a more focused experience. I have little patience for filler any more. The repetition of the same "sidequests" or grinding for hours to increase skills doesn't do much for me these days. If you like that stuff, that's fine, but not every single game needs filler to extend length to justify a purchase.

A lot of people have complained about the expected length and really, what does it matter how long a game is? It's a baffling subject among gamers. You take this mindset to the discussion of any other medium and I don't think you'd get anywhere with it.

To me it's all about what I'm in the mood for. Sometimes I'm in the mood to do some grinding and all that for skills i.e. as I'm doing in Persona 5 now. At the same times sometimes I just want to sit back and be put on rails so to speak and just go. I appreciate both styles and depending on my mood I decide which I want to do next.

Looks cool, but I don't like playing as a chick so pass.

I didn't care for DMC at all, but I was self-aware enough to realize that was partially due to my expectations for the IP.
I watched this clip a while ago with the creative director talking about the game's design. It's based on how people with psychosis see the world. Pretty interesting angle.

I'm more interested than I was previously because I like the idea of a reduced emphasis on combat. I think combat has been far and away the weakest part of their games, and I like the idea of focusing more on what their games are typically lauded for.

Considering I have about 40 games on my backlog, this is good to hear.

Amen. If all the games in my backlog were six hours I'd actually have a chance of finishing it some day. But they're not, so I won't. My backlog only ever keeps growing, even though the rate at which I acquire games has slowed down year after year for about five years now, the actual time I spend playing also decreases year after year.

Back