help finding new apartment

NoGoodNamesLeft

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
any tips fam?
i had one green light me, looked over the lease and its not a good fit. too expensive, so many surcharges, forced to get insurance, pet limit, etc. I live ina college town, and all those kids are leaving soon, but why are no apartments opening up? i checked craigliist and hotpads, any other websites you know of that list apartment rentals?

Dude, craigslist and hotpads?

<{poor?}>

Just google complexes in the area you want and call the management company.

i tired that its bleak
rent prices in rural nh might as well be downtown manhattan wtf, for 800 a month i can rent a room with 3 strangers ina 4 bedroom house, wtf is that shit. do they even amke studio apartments or 1 or 2 bedroom palces any more?

Dropping your shitty gimmick of purposefully misspelling may help.

You should look into a home instead. Mortgages cost almost the same as an apartment. I wasted 10 years of my life doing the apartment thing and regret it.

If you insist on an apartment, it's better to just go to the leasing office directly at look around. Most of the times they'll give you deals and you can lock in at least a year at a certain price. They just want the commission to get you signed up.

Craigslist, apartments.com, zillow... Apartment complex's.

Thats about all there is, besides driving around looking for "For RENT" signs.
Maybe the local newspaper?

also, signed lease today. I found an apartment. did not want to ever do t7his, but time marches on.

Dude, craigslist and hotpads?

Just google complexes in the area you want and call the management company.

Not the best idea and you'll pay out the ass for what you get. Any complexes that are on the cheaper side are usually shit holes with crappy management. The decent complexes are going to cost more money.

The best deals are renting off of individuals who are posting to the locals (craigslist is a good start). Good places go fast so you need to look every day multiple times a day for weeks or months if necessary.

You should look into a home instead. Mortgages cost almost the same as an apartment. I wasted 10 years of my life doing the apartment thing and regret it.

If you insist on an apartment, it's better to just go to the leasing office directly at look around. Most of the times they'll give you deals and you can lock in at least a year at a certain price. They just want the commission to get you signed up.

Home ownership is not a slam dunk idea. It's a far bigger investment(gamble) and should be looked into carefully. I've lost count on how many people I know that lost money on a first home, some went into financial ruin.

Back