Help/Ideas With identifying myself

LTorino

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
For the majority of my life, I avoided life; I stayed in my room as a child and watched television all day when school was not in session, and I mostly did the same as an adult. Anytime I ventured out in the world, anxiety clouded my mind to the point that I wanted to go back inside and avoid the problem or else I felt like I would explode. I grew to despise myself. Then I despised others for not despising themselves too.

Now that I have finally reached a comfortable place with who I am(mostly) and a love and understanding(for the most part. We can all improve) of the rest of the world, I have so much that I want to do. The issue is the exact opposite of my past; I used to want to do nothing. Now I desire to do so much.

First, I need to establish a career. However, I have no idea what to do; everything sounds exciting to me. I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting last summer, but I'm not sure that's the avenue I want to pursue. I want to help people break the shackles of mental illness and reach their full potential. Yet, I am not sure where to start working after breaking my shackles. I just truly have a confidence in myself and optimism that I have never had before, and I'm eager to face the world with a smile.

Thanks again.

Your identity will keep changing as you grow and change as a person...do what makes you feel content and never stop giving back, the world needs givers

So you hate yourself. You hate people who hate themselves.

You got a degree in accounting but wants to help people with mental illness.

I have a fairly good idea of who/what you are. But I would need a picture of you to be sure.

Look into an iPhone X.

If it unlocks, then you are you.

Or you are your Chinese friend.

I understand you want to do so much and thats great. Meditate, find peace and tranquility with all that energy that you have now, find your purpose, or find what you want your life to be about (many times is the same) and channel all your energy. You have all that energy exploding right now, you have to control it and use it for the best. Good luck

First, find a job. In accounting. You can break mental illness shackles at your workplace; I do it at mine. Sometimes. Mostly I just play video games and surf sherdog. Dear Lord, I love my job.

Have you thought about a new gender. There are so many options available these days. Something for everyX!

i think if all that shit you just said is true you are a wanker, stop jacking off and identify yourself as a non wanker

From my own experience I'd say right now, as you're experiencing a high degree of openness, you want to be really careful about seeking identity and validation from outside yourself. Make sure you have a solid understanding of your internal base, your values and your goals, and then act in accordance with them as much as you can. That way if you ever get tripped up, or if the world suddenly lets you down, you'll still know who and where you are and be comfortable.

After that the world is your oyster. Find something to do that'll build your value and get to work.

From my own experience I'd say right now, as you're experiencing a high degree of openness, you want to be really careful about seeking identity and validation from outside yourself. Make sure you have a solid understanding of your internal base, your values and your goals, and then act in accordance with them as much as you can. That way if you ever get tripped up, or if the world suddenly lets you down, you'll still know who and where you are and be comfortable.

After that the world is your oyster. Find something to do that'll build your value and get to work.

That's really deep and helpful. Thank you!!

First, find a job. In accounting. You can break mental illness shackles at your workplace; I do it at mine. Sometimes. Mostly I just play video games and surf sherdog. Dear Lord, I love my job.

I have been told that I initially should utilize what I have(the accounting degree), so I do think I'm going to use it. Only issue I encounter is accounting job postings seem to require accounting experience, and I don't have it. It has made me entertain the idea of going a different career projection.

I have been told that I initially should utilize what I have(the accounting degree), so I do think I'm going to use it. Only issue I encounter is accounting job postings seem to require accounting experience, and I don't have it. It has made me entertain the idea of going a different career projection.
Stick with accounting and go out there and hustle for a position. Once you get in, you're golden. Don't mention anything about wanting to help mentally ill folk at work. lol Best of luck!

For the majority of my life, I avoided life; I stayed in my room as a child and watched television all day when school was not in session, and I mostly did the same as an adult. Anytime I ventured out in the world, anxiety clouded my mind to the point that I wanted to go back inside and avoid the problem or else I felt like I would explode. I grew to despise myself. Then I despised others for not despising themselves too.

Now that I have finally reached a comfortable place with who I am(mostly) and a love and understanding(for the most part. We can all improve) of the rest of the world, I have so much that I want to do. The issue is the exact opposite of my past; I used to want to do nothing. Now I desire to do so much.

First, I need to establish a career. However, I have no idea what to do; everything sounds exciting to me. I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting last summer, but I'm not sure that's the avenue I want to pursue. I want to help people break the shackles of mental illness and reach their full potential. Yet, I am not sure where to start working after breaking my shackles. I just truly have a confidence in myself and optimism that I have never had before, and I'm eager to face the world with a smile.

Thanks again.

get professional help so you can get the tools to improve.

If you dont have much college debt or you have a family that can help, go back to school for psychology and start heading into that direction.

But nothing is more important than being grounded. Get that figured out first; the rest is easier to navigate

wtf this post made me kinda happy it started out real af and then ended happily and motivating

Back