Help with Headgear please!

one last question guys just so i dont have to make another thread for this,how exactly should i measure my head for headgear since i have long hair? should i do it in pony tail,down or what? wonder if the hair will add some inches to my head size?
Sadly I shave my head so I wouldn't be much help here. I would think just measure it with your hair considering your headgear will have to fit your hair as well.

one last question guys just so i dont have to make another thread for this,how exactly should i measure my head for headgear since i have long hair? should i do it in pony tail,down or what? wonder if the hair will add some inches to my head size?
I've seen people with long hair tie their hair in a bun up top and put that through the top part of the headgear. I suppose it's a matter of preference, but I imagine that that would be the most convenient way to spar. But I have short hair so I don't really know.

When I was younger don't even remember it but tree branch smacked me in eye years later scar turned into traumatic cataract so right eye very blurry,so would u say winning fg 2900 vs fg 5000 is better for eye protection? Talking about the winning knockoff/inspired ones as well and no face cage for me

When I was younger don't even remember it but tree branch smacked me in eye years later scar turned into traumatic cataract so right eye very blurry,so would u say winning fg 2900 vs fg 5000 is better for eye protection? Talking about the winning knockoff/inspired ones as well and no face cage for me
If you're concerned with protecting your eye, why don't you just get the FG5000?

I recently took a bad/awkward punch to the eye resulting in an orbital blowout fracture. I'm planning on investing in the Winning FG5000, eventually. For now I have the UMA R-9.

If you're concerned with protecting your eye, why don't you just get the FG5000?

I recently took a bad/awkward punch to the eye resulting in an orbital blowout fracture. I'm planning on investing in the Winning FG5000, eventually. For now I have the UMA R-9.
So you took the shot with the UMA r9 on? Does fg5000 have more eye protection? You getting winning or different brand?

So you took the shot with the UMA r9 on? Does fg5000 have more eye protection? You getting winning or different brand?
Nein.

I had the Rival Traditional Training Headgear when I took the shot. The Rival headgear has significantly less passing than the R9. I ordered the R9 somewhat impulsively after I got out of surgery. I actually haven't used the R9 yet because I'm still recovering, but compared to my previous headgear it seems to offer substantially more protection—especially to my eye area.

I'm planning on getting the Winning FG5000, eventually, but that might change depending on how UMA's FG5000 model turns out or how reviews of the Sabas face saver turn out. Now that I have a bunch of hospital bills, though, I think paying the extra cash for the protection is maybe a smarter investment in the long run. I wish I had purchased the Winning FG5000 (or at least had my R-9) earlier. Since I didn't, I have to deal with bills, double vision, and a numb face...

Nein.

I had the Rival Traditional Training Headgear when I took the shot. The Rival headgear has significantly less passing than the R9. I ordered the R9 somewhat impulsively after I got out of surgery. I actually haven't used the R9 yet because I'm still recovering, but compared to my previous headgear it seems to offer substantially more protection—especially to my eye area.

I'm planning on getting the Winning FG5000, eventually, but that might change depending on how UMA's FG5000 model turns out or how reviews of the Sabas face saver turn out. Now that I have a bunch of hospital bills, though, I think paying the extra cash for the protection is maybe a smarter investment in the long run. I wish I had purchased the Winning FG5000 (or at least had my R-9) earlier. Since I didn't, I have to deal with bills, double vision, and a numb face...
So is the double vision permenant or just a temporarily symptom? How about the numb face? Wow when is UMA coming out with their version of fg 5000? Looking forward to seeing that! Same with SABAS!

So is the double vision permenant or just a temporarily symptom? How about the numb face? Wow when is UMA coming out with their version of fg 5000? Looking forward to seeing that! Same with SABAS!
Doctor says it should be temporary, though in some cases it's permanent. I got surgery about three weeks ago and my face is still numb because the surgery messed with my nerves (though that should go away soon, I hope).

I don't know when UMA is coming out with their version. Sabas already has theirs, you just have to custom order it.

Doctor says it should be temporary, though in some cases it's permanent. I got surgery about three weeks ago and my face is still numb because the surgery messed with my nerves (though that should go away soon, I hope).

I don't know when UMA is coming out with their version. Sabas already has theirs, you just have to custom order it.
Well glad your okay! Did you get hurt in a match or sparing? Where did you get hit and did u get knocked out? By a cross,uppercut or hook? Sorry just kinda scary

Well glad your okay! Did you get hurt in a match or sparing? Where did you get hit and did u get knocked out? By a cross,uppercut or hook? Sorry just kinda scary
We were just sparring. It was a right hook that got me as I was backing away with my left hand down. It was a weird angle, though, and I think the guys thumb hit right on my eye, which subsequently fractured the orbit. I wasn't knocked down or anything; everything just split in two, in terms of my vision. I thought it would go away the next day or so, but it stayed with me. I went to the doctor who ordered that I get a CT scan and it turned out that, in addition to having a black eye, my orbit was pretty badly fractured and nerves and tissue were displaced because of it (thus the double vision). So I needed to get surgery. Your orbital bone is very brittle and can fracture very easily.

We were just sparring. It was a right hook that got me as I was backing away with my left hand down. It was a weird angle, though, and I think the guys thumb hit right on my eye, which subsequently fractured the orbit. I wasn't knocked down or anything; everything just split in two, in terms of my vision. I thought it would go away the next day or so, but it stayed with me. I went to the doctor who ordered that I get a CT scan and it turned out that, in addition to having a black eye, my orbit was pretty badly fractured and nerves and tissue were displaced because of it (thus the double vision). So I needed to get surgery. Your orbital bone is very brittle and can fracture very easily.
Wow sounds gnarly! Glad your alright,for your UMA r-9 what size did you get and how much does your head measure? Trying to see what one I should get

I was wearing a winning FG 5000. He would've thought that that would be enough protection for your eyes and nose. Well guess what? Three weeks ago,while sparring in my FG 5000, I fractured my orbital bone and had orbital floor blowout. I didn't have a blackeye or anything, but instantly I had diplopia. I just got my surgery two weeks ago and the double vision has cleared up but not 100%. I'm so concern about refracture. Is there anyway around this? Like better headgear? I had the best headgear on the market......

I was wearing a winning FG 5000. He would've thought that that would be enough protection for your eyes and nose. Well guess what? Three weeks ago,while sparring in my FG 5000, I fractured my orbital bone and had orbital floor blowout. I didn't have a blackeye or anything, but instantly I had diplopia. I just got my surgery two weeks ago and the double vision has cleared up but not 100%. I'm so concern about refracture. Is there anyway around this? Like better headgear? I had the best headgear on the market......
You already talked to me about this...

Take a picture of your FG5000 and post it. Because a part of me doesn't believe you.

Take a picture of your FG5000 and post it. Because a part of me doesn't believe you.
After taking the advice, I bent the facebar to an extent where it wasn't the same as before. Because of if you won't get an ideal picture of how open the vision and facebar area really was. Here's a pic

Here's another pic from the side. Honestly even if I fixed it i might not spar in it. It would suck cause the thought of the trauma experience would be in the back of my head every time I put it on. I might just get a new one. IMG_1343.JPG

I really don't understand how someone's glove would get through... Were you sparring in 16oz. gloves?

Was it because it wasn't shaped and fit properly, so that the metal bar somehow crack your orbital bone? Even that seems crazy to imagine..

Was it because it wasn't shaped and fit properly, so that the metal bar somehow crack your orbital bone? Even that seems crazy to imagine..
I'm not sure, I think it was from one of two things: 1. The punch was thrown with a lot of power or, 2. The knuckles of the glove may have fit through the headgear and impact the bone. I'm going with the first one or if anything a combination of them both. Sucks cause for me it's like if you dish out $3-400 dollars for he best Gear on the market and still get hurt, makes u feel a lil discourage not only in fighting but sparring in what's suppose to be topline

Back