Helwani has lost the plot: believes MMA is not 'violent'

I've heard people say this before, otherwise intelligent people, but it's just their own discomfort with reality.

MMA is violence.

Dealwithit.gif
You should write into them

What's your batting average for getting on air?

I've heard your questions a couple of times at least

What do you expect from a liberal SJW type of guy? It goes against his very fabric to be into MMA.

Hahaha what a dumbass I don't care for Dana but I completely understand why he hates this guy now. Helwani is fucking cancerous to the sport as a whole in general.

So Helwani wouldn't be cancerous to the sport if he thought it WAS violent?

<{vega}>

Most full contact sports are in a way violent by their nature...

You're trying to do something, and your opponent uses force to thwart your attempts.

In MMA, you're trying to thwart your opponents attempts to break your leg by punching his head.

WTF.

Tell me Lawler vs Macdonald was not pure unadulterated violence.

<DontBelieve1>

Unbelievable. Just when you thought he couldn't get worse... I'm lost for words!

He's a weasel. Like Bobby Heenan, but a real person and not a gimmick.

Screen-Shot-2012-09-21-at-8.51.37-PM.png

mma is definetely violent. So is boxing and any combat sport. I get his point about not using this word when promoting, it probably pushes away considerable portion of public. In terms if marketing I kind of agree it might not be the best strategy.
I personaly don't like excess violence, that type when Shaub smashed Cro Cop, or Hendo dropped on Bisping. Or when Kabib was smashing some poor guy with elbow ( wtf was ref doing)

Your obsession with Helwani and MMAFighting is hilarious. Nose knows, pleb.

The Nose is a cuck. Got put in his place by 6'4" Armenian alpha Marine black belt Luke Thomas.

Giijdt9.png

I'm not sure I understand the pages of outrage against Ariel here.

For what it's worth, MMA is violent and I love violence.

Typical of someone like Ariel to be so concerned with words. He can't conceal his inner SJW, which doesn't speak well for his professionalism.

One of my favorite pre-fight quotes ever, from the great Wanderlei Silva:

"I promise violence."

I enjoy the beauty of mma, too. But I want my violence. Diego Sanchez vs. Matt Brown is coming up!!!!!

You should write into them

What's your batting average for getting on air?

I've heard your questions a couple of times at least

I actually did respond to Ariel on twitter about it.

They are pretty open towards fan questions in general

he good for sport. mma need less rules, helwani seem respect it. and martial art

Well, it's not violent enough.

We need the soccer kicks back.

War Wand!

tumblr_mj4egvVay41ry1rm7o1_250.gif

That'd be like me not showering for 3 days after teaching in a shirt and tie (aka sweating my nuts off) and coaching wrestling practice, then saying I'm not dirty.

Good thing I have this thing called a nose and a pair of eyes so I can see how filthy I am.

Lmao what a fucking idiot. So arm-bars and jabs aren't violent because he doesn't like the word violent and it has more sinister connotations in his opintion? Fuck off Helwani

People love violent movies, violent tv shows, violent video games and you guessed it - violent sports so why wouldn't UFC promote it as such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back