Helwani has lost the plot: believes MMA is not 'violent'

He means its not violent enough. There should be more violence.

Incredible. Helwani actually argues that MMA is not a sport based on violence. He has said the same before. See the video below for his latest delusion. Luke Thomas clearly thinks Helwani is a moron:

Helwani once argued that he hates the NFL because it is violent, whileMMA is not.

This Einstein is the most prominent non-fighter and non-promoter public figure in MMA.

ive felt for a while that ariel doesnt even watch the fights and maybe just catches up on highlights. i always note his total lack of passion regarding the actual fights and his complete interest in everything else - fighters beards, their pets, what they post on twitter, anything but the fights. he figured out there was a niche available for an mma journalist and he made it his 9-5. has zero personal interest in it.

the idea that mma is not violent is just pathetic, its speaks of a level of dissociation thats actually dangerous. to watch guys punch, kick and slam each other and not understand that that is violence, that they are receiving trauma to their bodies, heads, and to their emotions, is borderline psychotic. luke could have gone a lot further in trying to bring him in line, maybe something like "well i could kick you in the stomach once and see if it changes how you feel?"

god...god...just so fucking awful

violence = beating down a drunk guy pushing glass in his face and raping his girlfriend

" non violence "= knocking out another man, bruising him, breaking a nose maybe, giving him a concussion, kicking punching and throwing him

both are violence but its more extreme measures of violence that are associated with that word

I see where he's getting at, maybe it's his way to reply to the part of the population that thinks MMA is just a bloody dog fight in the cage.

I'm a huge fan of the sport, and I don't think that's because I love violence. I think that I have a lot of tolerance to violence and that I don't really care about seeing blood, people getting hit, submissions...

What I like to see is the skills, the mindset, the fight IQ... I also like to watch agressivity, because I know that it takes a lot of confidence to try to get in when you know you can get countered.

Is it a violent sport, yes sure it is, but it's not why I tune in to watch.

The Wikipedia article on violence does not mention anything related to MMA or boxing. Apparently Ariel isn't the only one who concludes that two highly trained professionals competing in a sport is not best described as simply "violence."

IMG_0993.PNG IMG_0994.PNG IMG_0995.PNG IMG_0996.PNG IMG_0997.PNG IMG_0998.PNG IMG_0999.PNG IMG_1001.PNG IMG_1002.PNG IMG_1003.PNG

luke could have said "well i could kick you in the stomach once and see if it changes how you feel?"

And Ariel could rightfully respond by saying "I could hire a gang of dudes to beat you down with baseball bats in the street and see if you still think 'violence' is the best word to describe 2 pro athletes getting paid to compete with rules, a ref, and doctors around."

Helwani once argued that he hates the NFL because it is violent, whileMMA is not.

dos-Santos-vs-Carwin_0127.jpg

method=get&rs=110&q=75&x=14&y=55&w=700&h=372&ro=0&s=junior-dos-santos-blood-covered-injured-face-in-ufc-166-versus-velasquez.png

sakurabas_face_ricardo_arona.jpg

58652eab1500002c009164d8.jpeg

The Wikipedia article on violence does not mention anything related to MMA or boxing. Apparently Ariel isn't the only one who concludes that two highly trained professionals competing in a sport is not best described as simply "violence."

shut up ugly mr. wings.

Lmao what a fucking idiot. So arm-bars and jabs aren't violent because he doesn't like the word violent and it has more sinister connotations in his opintion? Fuck off Helwani

For sure. Imagine if a man jabbed a female in the face and then armbarred her. I'm sure the word violence would be used.

Incredible. Helwani actually argues that MMA is not a sport based on violence. He has said the same before. See the video below for his latest delusion. Luke Thomas clearly thinks Helwani is a moron:

This Einstein is the most prominent non-fighter and non-promoter public figure in MMA.

If you describe violence as the emotional or malicious hurting of someone, then I would not call it violent. Of course it's occasionally violent, when fighters want to hurt other fighters out of hatred.

mma is very violent....hence why I love it and most people I know dont

That's like saying cars were not meant for driving.

If you describe violence as the emotional or malicious hurting of someone, then I would not call it violent. Of course it's occasionally violent, when fighters want to hurt other fighters out of hatred.
You're confusing rage and being a dick head with the actual definition of violence. You harm another human being = violence. A shank, a bat, fist, elbow, knee, gun etc and it brings bodily harm.

And Ariel could rightfully respond by saying "I could hire a gang of dudes to beat you down with baseball bats in the street and see if you still think 'violence' is the best word to describe 2 pro athletes getting paid to compete with rules, a ref, and doctors around."

And id end up in hospital afterwards, probably with some form of permanent brain damage, just like the fighters. Your analogy is completely in harmony with my opinion

I must be desensitized to violence. I thought of MMA as an art and ISIS as violent.

The real violence was that time the UFC stopped giving him free tickets for a while. Real violence and real tears.

Helwani is at that Roganesque level of delusion that people get to when they listen to themsleves talk too much

Back