Helwani: I could promote better than every other promoter

Chael is a bit of a douche there.. and got worked up for real.

Not surprised.

Which is exactly why Ariel makes a great promoter. He knows how to piss people off or make them mad at each other. Drama = money in combat sports. It just does.

giphy.gif

I'm a child of the 90s -- that's not a finish.

Helwani makes betas look like alphas.

He couldn't promote a game of red rover during grade 2 gym class.

Helwani = winner of countless journalist of the year awards. #1 source of mma news

you = nerd who faps to anime

giphy.gif
Who is he competing with though?

Someone should explain to him that instigating fights and promoting fights are two different things

Chael felt lost in that interaction imho

Fake argument Fake anger Got loud for no reason

Chael goes from 0 to 100 over nothing. Was that in their script or something?

Keep it real.

It’s kind of odd a lot of people. (Especially adults). Think these antics are genuine.
The modern ufc is the worst. Walk-in in cage call outs.
It’s almost offensive they give us fake
Grudge fight after fake grudge fight, and the fans are like “oh gee Gandhi, they hate each other so much” take my money.

It’s like pro wrestling when I used to watch years ago. But it was great for pro wrestling. As ya know it’s fake too.

Will be nice when the “screaming over one another to make a point” is a fad of the past like skinny jeans.

Would have been way more entertaining to hear each guy articulate their perspective and let the audience decide.
Good luck, baggy pant wearer

I could be a way better promoter...I know MMA more than wme corporate heads and dana!

White's flamboyant, which is needed to get people excited about a card. He's a great hype man. Helwani's a reserved journalist with a following, better behind a desk. He's not a guy you can put in front of a podium and get the crowd roaring. Not a big enough presence.

There's a BIG difference between being a journalist and a promoter .

Ariel would be to soft with fighter negotiations, would overpay fighters from the get go and go broke ( think Affliction). Too nice to make the tough decisions and has no experience in running any type of big sporting event.

Not sure how he'd do the actual promotion of a fight or card. His enthusiasm may be there but not sure if he'd come across to the masses as doing a show everyone must see. Damn on how many forums do we see with peops that just can't stand him.

Just a ridiculous statement to make when he has no experience. It's similar to saying "I'm the greatest fighter in the world" because you've watched every fight ,been to every live event and been behind the scenes. While at the same time, never training or ever stepping in a cage.

I'm not an Ariel hater, sometimes he does a very good job, other times ticks me off. Do think with a statement like that , he's lost his mind

well helwani cant be worse at it than dana!

Ariel would turn the sport into a fucking circus side show.

Back