Helwani: Lyoto Machida Officially Joins Bellator

He's making that much with his cryptocurrency sponsor, which is what I said in the post you were trying to "correct."

Smarten up.
He didn’t have the crypto currency sponsor for his first fight. That’s what he is getting from Bellator. Smarten up Dummy!

He didn’t have the crypto currency sponsor for his first fight. That’s what he is getting from Bellator. Smarten up Dummy!
No, he's getting $100K from Bellator, and reportedly another $350K from the crypto sponsor.

Where's your source on $400K base pay?

Fairplay to him, he was never getting near the title again and had a fantastic tenure, much respect.

Letting Goldberg go was a huge mistake.

Whenever I hear his voice in Bellator I just shake my head in disbelief, the fucking guy is THE voice of the UFC, to the point that even to this day, UFC promos use his voice instead of Anik's.

Anik's commentary is so sterile, I can't remember a single moment of his, his voice sucks, it's like he's pretending to be an announcer or something.

All of that to say, that I'm happy for Machida, hopefully he can win one more title before retiring.

Bendo
Bader
MacDonald
Mousasi
Sonnen
Mir
Machida

A lot of UFC fighters are jumping on Bellator ship lately.

I'm down for this, Machida isn't winning a title with Romero and Rockhold in the picture, or DC at the top of LHW. Pretty sparse competition at LHW, and only a couple high level MWs.

Last edited:
Let's all have a drink to that!

1eb60545-cc16-4c22-a4fc-a184887e4e8d.jpg
Hur hur..is dat pee pee?

Bendo
Bader
MacDonald
Mousasi
Sonnen
Mir
Machida

I like all these guys, but it's pretty sensationalist to consider it a mass exodus. Not many of those guys have much to offer at this point, outside Moose and Rory. Other than Gegard, they all left because they didn't have a very good shot at the title or were getting old and wanted a Bellator retirement tour.

And they are doing Wand vs Rampage 4 in September.

Personally i miss Bjorns tournament style, and finding new fighters.
You might not have heard about them but it was different from the UFC.
It might actually be a good business idea to mostly used semi-retired fighters that are well known since these don't have to be promoted at all really, but the fame is alread there before they start fighting. And no I've never heard of Bjorn's tournament.

Bendo
Bader
MacDonald
Mousasi
Sonnen
Mir
Machida

You mean a load of shot UFC fighters are being let go to Bellator?

Fuck only Rory is legit championship material on that list and even he left UFC on 2 losses to Wonderboy and Lawler

But bellator couldn’t sign that kid Erik Silva. Wtf.

How is that possible after such KO of Belfort. Sad. But I guess the Dragon knows whats best for him. I will keep rooting for him there.
Good on Bellator

Back