Helwani: Lyoto Machida Officially Joins Bellator

Re Bellator/UFC/Pay

1. AC reports are rarely the full picture. There are signing bonuses, appearance fee's, etc. that AC have no bearing/jurisdiction on.
2. Any UFC fighter that UFC wanted to keep, makes more with Bellator (no matter the AC report). UFC has a matching clause in their contracts, so if a fighter does not sit out a year, they make more with Bellator.

in closing:
it is 2018, why some still believe AC reports are accurate as far as full compensation amazes me

You mean a load of shot UFC fighters are being let go to Bellator?

Fuck only Rory is legit championship material on that list and even he left UFC on 2 losses to Wonderboy and Lawler

Still a smart move! you have to realize that these guys will be used as sacrificial lambs for prospects, and they still have drawing power, so win win.

They should market the hell out of his fight as "Enter the Dragon."

Man I would love to see coward ass Venom Page move up a weight class and fight Machida at 185. But despite being 6'3" and Machida being over 40, not gonna happen.

Did you just call a professional fighter a coward?

Common man!

Good fights for Machida at Bellator, before he calls it a career. Interesting fights at MW and LHW. His days as a title contender at MW, had passed him in the UFC.

Yep
Did you expect it to do 900k?
I think you are the only person that ever thought of comparing the two lol

Awesome strawman you knocked down there. I never said it should do 900k.

Just pointing out that a women’s PPV with one of the contestants being a nobody was able to do 900k as a contrast. There’s a vast gulf between 900k and the mid-200s, for a stacked and excellent card with 2 non-midget men’s titles on the line.

Spin it how you want, those are shitty buy numbers for that kind of card.

Awesome strawman you knocked down there. I never said it should do 900k.

Just pointing out that a women’s PPV with one of the contestants being a nobody was able to do 900k as a contrast. There’s a vast gulf between 900k and the mid-200s, for a stacked and excellent card with 2 non-midget men’s titles on the line.

Spin it how you want, those are shitty buy numbers for that kind of card.

You suck at reading comprehension & you misused "strawman"
I never said it was a good number, never spun anything & you made a ridiculous comparison that had no merit

In other words

Really infantile post

Back