Hendricks went down like a bag of #### from that punch, how many fighters could hack bareknuckle?

In boxing you have your hands wrapped and protected. Besides ideally you are only making contact with you first two knuckles.

It's just physics. Momentum = mass X velocity. That why a truck is going to have more impact than a car moving the same speed.
Wrapped small hands are smaller than wrapped big hands, so it seems to be the same thing. The thing with momentum is that it has to translate to damage, which is where the size of the object matters. I'm sure we both agree that we'd rather have a fist slam into our chest than a knife.

If you punch with the first 2 knuckles and land clean you won't break them.

If you punch with the last 2, you probably will.

Which punch do you think is the riskiest for breaking a hand bone?

Upper cut, cross, jab, straight.

It’s gotta be upper cut, right?

I don't know about that but having flat knuckles instead of knuckles that stick out would definitely be an advantage when it comes to breaking you hands.

Having your whole fist take the impact instead of the 1 or 2 knuckles that stick out the furthest is way better. You don't cut people as much with flat knuckles but you also rarely ever break them (in my experience anyways).
What a stupid post.

First two knuckles man. Please don't comment on shits where you have no idea.

People point out with bareknuckle the risk of breaking hands with head shots.
But you can dig body shots in more
Also face punches can hurt more

Hendricks went down like a sack of potatoes, never seen that before. He is a tough mofo and used to eat shots like that all day with gloves and from guys who are some of the hardest hitters in mma like Lawler. I dont believe his chin has gone, he is only 34. Plus it wasnt a KO, he just dropped holding his face and covering, not something you usually see unless bones got broken (maybe orbital or nose?)

So how many mma fightera could hack bare knuckle fighting? Its not the same.

so you basically want people to debate your unfounded belief that a punch shouldn't have hurt him?

do you honestly think that punch would do less damage with mma gloves? have you ever hit a punching bag? try with your bare fist and then try with wraps and gloves.

Would you? Or would you stay away from guys like Carwin and Rumble?

Do you really wanna be famous for people dying at your first or second show??

I guess I would want to be able to advertise the murderous abilities of said fighter (and show the footage of him v Mir somehow as well). A death this early in BKB's resurgence could be fatal for it though (pun not intended).

Which punch do you think is the riskiest for breaking a hand bone?

Upper cut, cross, jab, straight.

It’s gotta be upper cut, right?

I think its the overhand. Mainly because its really easy to hit them on top of the head instead of the face/jaw and the top of a person's skull is way tougher than the brittle bones in the hand.

Uppercut is pretty risky as well though when it comes to accidentally landing with your bottom 2.

Personally I like the rear cross - lead hook(or the 2-3) combination best for punching bare knuckle. Those punches are both pretty easy to land correctly, and they can be power shots which can KO an opponent quickly in a street fight situation.

Also, both those punches are easy to mask and there is not much telegraph in them if you have proper form. Especially the left hook, its a very short/sneaky punch but at the same time you can put a lot of power behind it and put somebody's lights out with it before they even see it coming.

Here's an example of the lead hook and the rear cross being used effectively in a street fight situation... One after the other lol.

Last edited:
Don’t know about MMA fighters, but Yodsanklai would slaughter all these bums in a jiffy.

We would have to see. I think getting hit without gear is much more devastating to include headgear.

I've sparred many rounds and have been in sanctioned bouts. The only time I've ever been dropped is bare knuckle. I sprung back up but still, never been dropped with the gloves on.

My take.

It’s funny Hendricks still wants to compete, but isn’t disciplined enough to train properly.

In boxing you have your hands wrapped and protected. Besides ideally you are only making contact with you first two knuckles.

It's just physics. Momentum = mass X velocity. That why a truck is going to have more impact than a car moving the same speed.

Wouldn't the rest of your arm be responsible for 90% of the mass though? The little fist on the end seems it'd be inconsequential in mass considering.

Wouldn't the rest of your arm be responsible for 90% of the mass though? The little fist on the end seems it'd be inconsequential in mass considering.

Well yes the arm and the rest of you body are responsible for most of the mass, but think of it like a hammer. A longer handle will give you the leverage to swing it with more force, but a sledgehammer head is still going to cause a lot more damage than the same handle with a ball-peen head.

His opponent was probably a "Bigg Rigg's steakhouse happy customer " who wanted leave his mark on the owner's guestbook...

Why did the ref stop the fight, it wasn't mma, rules don't allow shots to a grounded opponent? Should have given him a 10 count.

It's not in the replay, but he did get a 10 count and didn't make it.
Hendricks just sat there on his knees while he got counted out and didn't even try to get up. He was done.

Tenshin would crush people in bare knuckle.

Back