Black SUPERMAN Movie (New Details and the Search for a Director)

Like i said in the other thread i dont have a problem with this and this isnt the same case as the black james bond stupidity

im in my late 20s and i remember seeing a black superman spin off in comics since i was a kid so its been done and established for some time now.

I do have a problem with this actor sucking massive donkey balls though. Ive yet to see Black Panther but looked up some clips and his shitty acting made me laugh.

Superman is a dumb character. They should just make a better super hero and then cast Michael b Jordan

Michael b Jordan? Really? He is a good actor in pretty much everything he does, but at this point, it is just complete window dressing to shake things up. This would be hailed as a bold move, changing the race of the iconic Superman, but I think it would be a complete failure because it is so transparent that they were trying to be edgy. This is yet another example of how changing the race of a character only works one way without legions of angry people. Try changing a historically black character to a white actor and see how well that plays out.

Do you think it would go over well if say, zac efron were to become the new black panther?

All you have to do is change his human name, make black kryptonians and give him a bit of a different backstory.

Then it shouldnt be a problem, created a new character while keeping the fact that if hes on Earth hes extremely God like,because hes krptonian.

Change his human name to Michael Howard and be done with it.

This is ridicolous beyond belief, I mean how american black people can see this in a positive light? It would be humiliating, like a reverse blackface comedian from a century ago

Michael b Jordan? Really? He is a good actor in pretty much everything he does, but at this point, it is just complete window dressing to shake things up. This would be hailed as a bold move, changing the race of the iconic Superman, but I think it would be a complete failure because it is so transparent that they were trying to be edgy. This is yet another example of how changing the race of a character only works one way without legions of angry people. Try changing a historically black character to a white actor and see how well that plays out.

Do you think it would go over well if say, zac efron were to become the new black panther?

This is ridicolous beyond belief, I mean how american black people can see this in a positive light? It would be humiliating, like a reverse blackface comedian from a century ago
Val-Zod
Kalel

now go crawl back into the holes that are your safe spaces

So if Michael B Jordan is the new supes, would the bad guys tossing him a white woman be the new kryptonite?

Michael B Jordan talk is all diversion. The real story is that the current DCEU is dead.

Well black human torch worked so well, why not?

Fantastic Four only lost like, what $100M after advertising costs?

There is already a black Superman. See Icon. Pretty cool character. Would be interested in seeing that movie.

477213-sdcc08_jla_vs_icon_02.jpg

Call me old fashioned but I don't want Superman to have blond hair either. I also hated it when they gave him that mullet he used to have as well.

0b345c8672fa4f08e6997df6bb81447d.jpg

I like how Batman's like "I'll throw a batarang to quell this fight!"

We have no asian superheroes at all on film. Nor Moslem, south asian, or hispanics.

We need a hispanic supes. They already did a Supes adopted by mexican farm hands in the animated universe

There is already a black Superman. See Icon. Pretty cool character. Would be interested in seeing that movie.

477213-sdcc08_jla_vs_icon_02.jpg

Call me old fashioned but I don't want Superman to have blond hair either. I also hated it when they gave him that mullet he used to have as well.

0b345c8672fa4f08e6997df6bb81447d.jpg

Exactly, and has same basic origin. Alien space craft with baby boy in it. Just do a movie about him, and call him Augustus Freeman/Icon.

I adore Cavill, and have since The Tudors. If they really drop him the DC is dead to me, completely. Great anecdote here from Russell Crowe:

I adore Cavill, and have since The Tudors. If they really drop him the DC is dead to me, completely. Great anecdote here from Russell Crowe:

I don't see the anecdote.

<NightKingBringIt>

OK, weird. I see the link when I quote you but had to search using the Youtube string.

Back