Henry Cejudo against Demetrious Johnson trilogy: ‘We need new storylines in our weight class’

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Now the champion of an undervalued 125-pound class, Cejudo is hoping his title reign injects new life into a division dictated by one man over the past five years. While most people around the mixed martial arts (MMA) community agree that Johnson’s track record is enough to land him an immediate trilogy fight opposite Cejudo, especially considering “Might Mouse” defeated “Messenger” via TKO two years ago, Cejudo is making the case that he should fight a new challenger next.

I would agree when it comes to the statistics side of it,” Cejudo recently said on the Ariel Helwani MMA Show when discussing Johnson’s bid for a trilogy bout. “But at the same time, I know what the UFC’s trying to create, man. I had to wait two and a half years to face Demetrious Johnson.

“I had to wait, too. And it’s also good, too, for our weight class to start new storylines that have noting to do with Demetrious Johnson. We need new storylines in our weight class.”

According to Cejudo, anyone other than “Mighty Mouse” would be a good choice for UFC as the promotion tries to reinvent the 125-pound division and create new interest among fight fans.

“Think about it…let’s just say Demetrious Johnson beats me for the trilogy,” Cejudo said. “Again, that goes back to not building a storyline. I think Demetrious Johnson may agree with me. Just for the sake of our weight class, I think it would be good. I think it would be good to see somebody else, for now, except for Demetrious Johnson.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

f7FdEdG.jpg

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

BARELY squeaked out a SPLIT decision, by ONE point, and got WRECKED in the first fight.

If anybody on the planet actually does deserve a rematch, it's Mighty Mouse.

MM needs to move up a weight class, and stop with the extreme cutting to take advantage of his smaller opponents.

MM is lucky Cejudo rolled his ankle in the opening minute. Otherwise it would have been a more one sided victory for the superior athlete, Cejudo.

The third fight will be a clear cut victory for Henry regardless of how soon it happens.

I like Cejudo alot and was happy he “won” but this is total BS.

If MM does not get a Re-match total BS

MM is lucky Cejudo rolled his ankle in the opening minute. Otherwise it would have been a more one sided victory for the superior athlete, Cejudo.

The third fight will be a clear cut victory for Henry regardless of how soon it happens.

Oh stop it. Rofl obvious man waaaaaay to obvious.

This guy is a complete clown. Shame on DJ for letting this fight be close enough to the point that he lost a split decision. 11 straight title defenses and Cejudo says someone else deserves a shot. LMAOOOO if you ever wanted to see what ducking looks like this is a prime example. What a joke

Now the champion of an undervalued 125-pound class, Cejudo is hoping his title reign injects new life into a division dictated by one man over the past five years. While most people around the mixed martial arts (MMA) community agree that Johnson’s track record is enough to land him an immediate trilogy fight opposite Cejudo, especially considering “Might Mouse” defeated “Messenger” via TKO two years ago, Cejudo is making the case that he should fight a new challenger next.

I would agree when it comes to the statistics side of it,” Cejudo recently said on the Ariel Helwani MMA Show when discussing Johnson’s bid for a trilogy bout. “But at the same time, I know what the UFC’s trying to create, man. I had to wait two and a half years to face Demetrious Johnson.

“I had to wait, too. And it’s also good, too, for our weight class to start new storylines that have noting to do with Demetrious Johnson. We need new storylines in our weight class.”

According to Cejudo, anyone other than “Mighty Mouse” would be a good choice for UFC as the promotion tries to reinvent the 125-pound division and create new interest among fight fans.

“Think about it…let’s just say Demetrious Johnson beats me for the trilogy,” Cejudo said. “Again, that goes back to not building a storyline. I think Demetrious Johnson may agree with me. Just for the sake of our weight class, I think it would be good. I think it would be good to see somebody else, for now, except for Demetrious Johnson.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

BARELY squeaked out a SPLIT decision, by ONE point, and got WRECKED in the first fight.

If anybody on the planet actually does deserve a rematch, it's Mighty Mouse.
The only people that disagree with this are straight haters.

Sure, let’s watch Cejudo/Pettis again. That was fucking awesome!!

Ducking already

New storylines like what? He’s practically fought every contender and won too. Pure duck. He desperately trying to avoid a rematch

UFC is a business and re-matches should only be determined by its commercial viability.

MM may be deserving of a rematch if the UFC was a pure sports non for profit.

If he gets a rematch it would be an absolute disgrace and a blight on the UFC organization.

Imagine if they ever wanted to sell the business later on but as a buyer, you saw the owner run the product into the ground by giving a ppv non-factor repeated re-matches for the title.

Cejudo should bring some energy to the division and fight TJ and Mighty Mouse should take a job at the chocolate factory.

what is ray borg or tim elliott gonna attack him backstage from behind? is this WWE?

shut up henry, and defend ur title

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back