Henry Cejudo against Demetrious Johnson trilogy: ‘We need new storylines in our weight class’

MM deserves a rematch, he has the title defense record, is 1-1 against Cejudo, and the fight was a really close SD. Then have the winner face TJ.

To be honest I do agree that giving Cejudo another guy first in his next fight would help the division. Give DJ the fight after, the rematch makes sense after all. It's not like DJ is going to retire within a year, right?

MM is lucky Cejudo rolled his ankle in the opening minute. Otherwise it would have been a more one sided victory for the superior athlete, Cejudo.

The third fight will be a clear cut victory for Henry regardless of how soon it happens.
Once again. Cejudo admitted that the ankle issue was due to a kick from MM.

Makes sense in that mighty mouse likely won't get a rematch and a louder mouth would help

People go on and on about deserve. When will people learn what this is about

Story lines? So he needs somoene to bash him with a chair while cage side or some shit like that?

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

BARELY squeaked out a SPLIT decision, by ONE point, and got WRECKED in the first fight.

If anybody on the planet actually does deserve a rematch, it's Mighty Mouse.

Not to mention that he pretty much did zero damage in the fight. He stole just enough minutes in some rounds with his LnP.

The most uninspiring underdog win ever.

Just shut down 125 already. No rematch an shutting down 125 is great storyline

UFC is a business and re-matches should only be determined by its commercial viability.

MM may be deserving of a rematch if the UFC was a pure sports non for profit.

If he gets a rematch it would be an absolute disgrace and a blight on the UFC organization.

Imagine if they ever wanted to sell the business later on but as a buyer, you saw the owner run the product into the ground by giving a ppv non-factor repeated re-matches for the title.
So who should they give it to instead?

I haven't seen the fight and still a little shocked MM lost. I prolly sound redic, but my conspiracy theory is that Mighty Mouse intentionally threw the fight so he would have a relevant challenger... But I guess losing the belt/money wouldn't quite go along with that storyline...

Dana aint giving DJ an immediate rematch no matter what

Would the UFC allow MM to eliminate all the contenders so no one would be left for Saywhoodo to fight?

Then loses his belt in a house fire.

They released the day of fight weights and Mighty mouse weighed as much as Garbrandt. I was pretty surprised to be honest. I never knew he was that big.
There's a possible caveat to that, however, in that they didn't specify what time each fighter was weighed; Johnson could have been weighed later in the day, while Garbrandt/Cejudo could've been weighed early in the day.

For example, Garbrandt was 2.5 lbs heavier on embedded, three days prior to fight night.

This might be one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum. Good job.
Why should you get an instant rematch? You just lost to the guy you should have to fight your way back. Why would you want to constantly watch rematches when you could see new matchups.

I don't like instant rematches, but that isn't the world we live in unfortunately.

I'm a Cejudo fan but he is ducking.

what is ray borg or tim elliott gonna attack him backstage from behind? is this WWE?

shut up henry, and defend ur title

Nah Tim Elliott already showed he was too scared to fight Cejudo, even when Cejudo offered to take the fight at 135.

Cejudo went all in on Elliott too, nornally Henry plays this holier than thou persona, he must really hate Elliott.

Why should you get an instant rematch? You just lost to the guy you should have to fight your way back. Why would you want to constantly watch rematches when you could see new matchups.

This would make sense if the it weren't standard practice for the UFC to give champs instant rematches even when they lose in embarrassing fashion.

MM has beaten most of the rest of the division and he barely lost to Cejudo. Why should he have to work his way back up to the title? That's fucking asinine.

Even more ridiculous is Cejudo making this argument after saying that he wants to go to 135 to fight Dillashaw.

I've got a lot of respect for Cejudo as an athlete, especially the way that he came back from that embarrassing first fight against Johnson, but dude is a fucking trainwreck when he talks.

Back