Here is what I saw as a boxing guy

Boxing really needed the MMA lifeline; cause it's so shit it couldn't even fill an undercard for this event.

The moment the conversation changes from "MMA is human cockfighting, who cares about that shit!" To "Last night was great for Boxing; our best Boxer beat a MMA guy at Boxing", you know your sport is garbage lol.

But hey, you're welcome for the help Boxing.

Boxing will be fine regardless. It doesn't need MMA. But last night was a great night for boxing. The match was exciting and garnered attention worldwide. Not that hard to comprehend.

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you even Sherdog, bro? Stop rewriting the last 3 months around here. I'm not talking about mainstream media.

You focus too much on that vocal minority.

I was amused at your reply as you are correct in that statement.
Indeed. Although nat ranked him the greatest welterweight ever so i imagine he was pretty decent in his day

Even knocked out a ranked heavyweight while welterweight champion ( not sure how the fight got sanctioned)

Agreed.

Conor fan boys will say he won more rounds than other boxers. That Floyd couldn't end him until the 10th, etc, etc.

But Conor had nothing for Floyd from the get go.

I see a lot of boxing fanboi's really butthurt that Connor land heavy hands on Mayweather many times and won 5 of the 10 rounds. Granted, I always thought Mayweather would win, even started a bet thread looking for action, but I didn't think McGregor would do so well.

Boxing is done. We know that by the premlims and by the judges' scorecards of the main event.

That was good entertainment.

Don't be sad boxing fans. Canada STILL has Boxing Day and that is something!

I see a lot of boxing fanboi's really butthurt that Connor land heavy hands on Mayweather many times and won 5 of the 10 rounds. Granted, I always thought Mayweather would win, even started a bet thread looking for action, but I didn't think McGregor would do so well.

Boxing is done. We know that by the premlims and by the judges' scorecards of the main event.

{<jordan}

"floyd beat the absolute living shit out of him."

Hyperbole much?

Cheick Kongo beat the absolute living shit out of Mustapha Al-Turk.

Igor Vovchanchian beat the absolute living shit out of Enson Innoue.

Floyd won via what was essentially a standing 8 count (but the rules were no standing 8, at least so I was told)

49-0 Floyd couldn't even put 0-0 Conor down when Conor was too gassed to even hold his arms up to defend himself or get out of the way of punches.

Floyd won a fight he was supposed to win against a guy who had never had a pro boxing match. I don't recall seeing a cut on conor's face, his nose wasn't bleeding and he never got knocked down..

.... "beat the absolute living shit out of him" - gtfo - why is it so hard to be honest?

Here's what I saw as a long time MMA fan, and former long time boxing fan turned casual

Floyd showed superior technique and boxing IQ/experience and used it to defeat a talented athlete crossing over and making his boxing debut so that he could collect a large paycheck.

Last edited:
This fight wasnt supposed to be competitive at all. You guys are acting like bitchweather fought Ali or something. He shoyldve had his ass out in 2 or 3 rounds not 10.

But but McGregor lasted a whole 10 rounds!! He must be good right???

Any supposed elite striking sport where you can turn your back and bend over and wait for someone to intervene is a farce.

mayweather fights 147 mostly

conor fights 145 and 155 mostly

not too far off
Floyd doesn't cut much weight. Boxers don't cut the same way MMA fighters do. MMA gets that culture from wrestling. I would say Floyd looked comparable to the size of Garbrandt or Cruz. MM walks around close to what you claim Mayweather is. Also Conor is a WW isn't he?

ok so last night was fun. Drinking, watching the fight whatever the fuck

Anyways.

I saw conor come out really hard the first threeish rounds. Throwing a ton of punches ( a few blatantly illegal but eh, he was trying to win).

In those three rounds i watched floyd do, what he has done to every opponent he has ever had. Analyze. Sit back and let his opponent do his thing until floyd goes on the attack. I had conor up 2-1 after three ( i believe the judges had floyd ahead 2-1 on the cards)

Than.......it got embarrassing.

First off all I kept hearing was conors un-orthodox technique and how it was gonna give floyd problems.......I dont want to talk shit to much but cmon......he was god awful from a technique standpoint.

Second we all know about conors gassing problems but he looked fucking done in the middle of round 4. His technique was already pretty terrible but it was getting worse and worse as the fight went on.

Arms flailing, mouth open, chin up. And than from about rounds 4-10, floyd beat the absolute living shit out of him.

And than conor got stopped..... yes floyd is the best boxer since sweet pea, but still. He hasn't been considered a knockout artist since his days as a super featherweight, is 40 years old and has been retired for two years.....and conor looked about 20 pounds heavier.

Conors un orthodox technique....absolutely non existent. He looked awful.

Speaking as a conor fan in mma..........

Sorry guys. I see no moral victories here. As soon as floyd turned it on it was embarrassing and the skill gap was lunacy......waste of time imo
Conor won one of those late rounds tho. Between 4-10

<LikeReally5>

Back