Here's from the point of view from one of the biggest McGregor huggers ever

Shenti

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I love the champ-champ. He's my #1 current favorite fighter ever, but even I can't defend him holding up the most exciting division in the sport for almost two f***ing years. I fought as long as I could but even I have to say, either defend or vacate.

I also believe that Tony/Khabib should be for the real belt. Conor doesn't need belts anymore; he IS MMA and he has the money to show for it. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if he never fought again although I'd 100% tune in to it if he did (and enjoy it, win/lose/draw). But the fact of the matter is he has accomplished things no other fighter in the sport EVER has, and possibly ever will again. I'm not even talking about being the first--and only--dual champ in UFC history. That's great, but he's done so much more. The Mayweather fight (which he lost but did better than anyone expected) was a good example but honestly I think his biggest achievement is simply becoming the most popular MMA fighter. That's really no easy feat, especially for the lower weight fighters.

Conor McGregor is the best. I love him. He's like the big brother to all the other fighters and he should be a good big brother and share his toys with his younger, less successful and popular siblings now that he's done with them. Let Tony/Khabib fight for the belt that was never lost and then the McGregor haters will have to scramble to find something new to hate on him for. Prob something like "hurr durr stripped of both belts" yeah you mean the belts he willingly gave up? And can win back whenever he wants?

War McGregor, but it's time to let the little ones have a go at that gold, because as long as you're holding that belt, Conor, it's never going to anyone else because nobody can take that left, anyway.

I don't understand his need to keep hold of it.

He can come back and fight for it again, whenever he want's.

As if Khabib and Tony would turn down a Conor fight, that would be ridiculous financially if they did.

You should have stopped writing at the end of the first paragraph.

ldbWK.gif

Honestly the only issue most people have with him is that he's holding up the title.

If he wasn't champion nobody would mind his whole "beg me" attitude.

I recognize him as an outstanding striker and a self marketing genius. He is well worth the money.

I can’t support the clown show though.

I love the champ-champ. He's my #1 current favorite fighter ever, but even I can't defend him holding up the most exciting division in the sport for almost two f***ing years. I fought as long as I could but even I have to say, either defend or vacate.

I also believe that Tony/Khabib should be for the real belt. Conor doesn't need belts anymore; he IS MMA and he has the money to show for it. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if he never fought again although I'd 100% tune in to it if he did (and enjoy it, win/lose/draw). But the fact of the matter is he has accomplished things no other fighter in the sport EVER has, and possibly ever will again. I'm not even talking about being the first--and only--dual champ in UFC history. That's great, but he's done so much more. The Mayweather fight (which he lost but did better than anyone expected) was a good example but honestly I think his biggest achievement is simply becoming the most popular MMA fighter. That's really no easy feat, especially for the lower weight fighters.

Conor McGregor is the best. I love him. He's like the big brother to all the other fighters and he should be a good big brother and share his toys with his younger, less successful and popular siblings now that he's done with them. Let Tony/Khabib fight for the belt that was never lost and then the McGregor haters will have to scramble to find something new to hate on him for. Prob something like "hurr durr stripped of both belts" yeah you mean the belts he willingly gave up? And can win back whenever he wants?

War McGregor, but it's time to let the little ones have a go at that gold, because as long as you're holding that belt, Conor, it's never going to anyone else because nobody can take that left, anyway.
never heard of you.

<FookIsThatGuy>

I also believe that Tony/Khabib should be for the real belt.

That's all fine and dandy - but it isn't for the real belt. Just as Max beating Aldo wasn't for the real belt.

Conor holds the real belts, and if he's not intended on defending them, it sucks. But he's still got them.

Cute.
But I disagree with a lot of it.
He was never the dual champ.(If he had defended those belts, sure. But he did not).
And he surely can't get them whenever he wants. If it was so easy, he would have already put it to the test.

But I don't deny the fact he won both belts.
And I don't deny he doesn't need to defend because he has money already.

And overall, I do agree with defend or vacate.

That's all fine and dandy - but it isn't for the real belt. Just as Max beating Aldo wasn't for the real belt.

Conor holds the real belts, and if he's not intended on defending them, it sucks. But he's still got them.
lol.

you are one of the shittest posters on sherdog.

Yes, it is.
You have to defend within a time period, or be stripped.

Since Conor is never gonna break any record for defenses, he should just let it go and come back to fight the champion any given time.

He's the name the brings the PPV, so it wouldn't matter if he's champion or not.
And he's the former champ, so he would always jump straight to a title fight.

But the best thing is to fight already.
It's never good for a division to have a guy that no one beat as the "real champ".

It's kind of a Jones-DC situation. No matter how many guys DC beat, people will always talk how ne never beat Jones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back