Hey guys, we're kind of ruining the sport...

Fuck off with this bullshit you tulip.

It's close to impossible to mobilize people and make them act in a certain way without providing economic incentives. It's UFC's (or other MMA orgs) mission to adapt, not ours to save it.

Does nobody else remember when this was "our sport"? When we tried telling people it wasn't just a savage spectacle of two idiots hurting eachother, but something that required the mind, body and spirit? Technique, determination and dedication? Not a publicist, a fire twitter account and a gimmick?

Come on guys. We shape this sport. We always have. Let's go for a better shape than "lumpy ball of shit".

DC vs Stipe will outsell Colby vs Wood

The vast majority off MMA fans are casuals. No way around it.

Stunning analysis. "Most MMA fans are the ones not paying attention to the sport right now". Makes total sense. That economic degree from Trump University is paying off.

Who in the fuck is" We "? This is a forum, if you knew the history of the sport it's the diehards that kept the sport afloat during the dark ages

DC vs Stipe will outsell Colby vs Wood

The sad thing is, probably not, EVEN IF it gets more buys. Online ad revenue and other metrics of visibility that have prices attached, are driving decisions almost more than PPV buys now. It's scary. If the final count is 120 million clicks and views related to Colby/Woodley/250k buys vs 50 million clicks and views for DC/Stipe/300k buys, the next decision is gonna lean towards the 120 million. That's more POTENTIAL buyers, so you have to go for them.

That's what really scary right now. I don't think people realize how much the internet is changing what we're getting sold. It's now fully changing the UFC and none of us seem to be noticing.

I mean, you guys do remember what WME is right?

Who in the fuck is" We "? This is a forum, if you knew the history of the sport it's the diehards that kept the sport afloat during the dark ages

I'm talking to the "we" that has the front page of the heavies looking like it does. So... all of us.

Agreed with TS, any new prospect talk or real MMA talk about someone'a technique for example never gets more than 3 pages.
But if PVZ gets her boobs done Sherdog explodes.... Thats sends signals to Dana, "sign PVZ's man, sign PVZ's man"... And thats we get

Maybe TS and i are blowing it outta proportion, but theres a real infestation on sherdog where people care more about drama than actual fighting

Do a test, start a thread about Gregor Gillespie and start another one about Mckenzie Dern's new heel shoes and see which one Sherdog likes better

Last edited:
Well you're sure easy to sell things to.

I was kidding by the way. I'm actually the man who invented the Cheeseburger. I get 2 cents for every one sold in the world. So I'm doing ok.

I'm sure your special snowflake economics will take the business world by storm.

Hmmm. So that is how C M Punk came to be signed by UFC?

Can't recall any such threads but...mind is blown.

Agreed with TS, any new prospect talk or real MMA talk about someone'a technique for example never gets more than 3 pages.
But if PVZ gets her boombs done Sherdog explodes.

Maybe TS and i are blowing it outta proportion, but there a real infestation on sherdog where people care more about drama

Personally I never even considered it until WME bought it. Then I found out what they're about, and I've been worried since. Now I'm seeing the direction it's going, and it's concerning. It's not money and people who love the sport driving it anymore. It's just money. And what they're using to determine how to get that money, is the dumb shit we're posting on the internet.

This is a recipe for disaster.

Well you're sure easy to sell things to.

I was kidding by the way. I'm actually the man who invented the Cheeseburger. I get 2 cents for every one sold in the world. So I'm doing ok.
<{poor?}>

<LatsRickStory>

Hmmm. So that is how C M Punk came to be signed by UFC?

Can't recall any such threads but...mind is blown.

Yes, it is. His departure from the WWE didn't effect his brand value, which was determined by online presence ie; clicks, views and comments. He was seen as a personality that could easily attract the same fans he had in the WWE by trying something crazy.

Brock Lesnar was all they needed to know it would work. Everything we did after the 1st CM Punk fight, is the reason he got a second fight.

Personally I never even considered it until WME bought it. Then I found out what they're about, and I've been worried since. Now I'm seeing the direction it's going, and it's concerning. It's not money and people who love the sport driving it anymore. It's just money. And what they're using to determine how to get that money, is the dumb shit we're posting on the internet.

This is a recipe for disaster.
100%

Online data analytics are the newest thing?

As in 10+ years ago?

Back