Hey guys, we're kind of ruining the sport...

You're right. I have none.. WE have it all. We're the ones buying this shit, and as long as we tell them what WE want together, we'll get it sold to us.

Getting it yet?

EDIT: @MrDaneBrass I don't think you realize man: it's 2018. Everyone is online. 90% of the people using this site, are using social media and other sites as well. Every bit of info in every corner is being analyzed and used. To put it simply: we're all casuals now.

Hffm5ox.jpg

How do I pin the gripes of this forum on casuals? And we can't pretend we're isolated anymore, we're not. Everyone is online. Major opinions here and reflecting major opinions elsewhere.

Look at the first page. WE'RE the ones letting Colby and Woodley's bullshit take precedent over the biggest fight in ages. WE'RE the ones letting CM Punk threads go 12 pages longer than threads about prospects like Israel Adesanya.

And when the "casuals" aren't around buying McGregor cards, the people coming up with the next way to attract them, look to us. They're gonna see Colby, Woodley and Racism attracting 100x the clicks, views and comments as DC vs Stipe.

And all that's gonna lead to is more and more. It's like technology with exponential returns, only we're going in the opposite direction by enjoying stupid shit.
The punk threads are mostly people shitting on him. A lot of people hate Colby too. And Punk and Colby didn't draw for shit on the last ppv. Seems like hardcores and casuals gave it a pass. As far as the DC/Stipe fight there HAVE been a number of threads analyzing the matchup.

It's been talked to death from a sporting standpoint, and both guys are bland as fuck. So what else is there to really say about it?

I'm becoming more casual than die hard which I didn't see coming. Still, fuck the casuals!

Any drama that corny is wmma influence.

I'm probably guilty too, but let's reflect, please.

The newest thing in marketing, is online data analysis. See what people are talking about, looking at, spending their money on, listening to, and do it all online with ease. These firms are looking at places like this, and simply seeing what gets the most views, clicks and comments. It's being done with minimal AI that's compiling lists of topics/words/names that produce the most views/clicks. These are then interpreted and used by marketing firms to give personalities(aka fighters) a bigger online presence. More presence, more opportunities to make money.

And guess what? We fucking suck.

DC/Stipe and the 226 card in general, are epic. Great super fight, great card, just great MMA. And yet, t's a fucking whisper around here.

Colby and Woodley aren't even booked to fight yet, and all they had to do was say "Trump" and "racism" out-loud to start producing 10+ page threads.

Guess what this is gonna result in? More twitter wars based on using buzzwords to attract clicks, and less epic fights that are based on an abundance of merit. If we're talking about CM Punk more than we're talking about Mighty Mouse, guess who's gonna be pushed more? If we like guys like Cowboy Cerrone way more than we like WMMA, what should we be talking about to see more of one than the other?

We're literally digging our own grave right now and not realizing it. We're like a year away from cards with youtubers and instagram models on it, and nobody seems to even be noticing. Come on guys. Let's remember we're MMA fans, not talking fans. We're not insult fans. We're fans of fucking combat. Physicality.

We're fans of what happens when the talking stops. We really gotta stop telling them we're more interested in the words, because it's ruining our sport.

Stopped reading right there.

He's right, but I usually post corny dad jokes to skew analytics.

Rectum, damn near killed him

The newest thing in marketing, is online data analysis. See what people are talking about, looking at, spending their money on, listening to, and do it all online with ease. These firms are looking at places like this, and simply seeing what gets the most views, clicks and comments. It's being done with minimal AI that's compiling lists of topics/words/names that produce the most views/clicks. These are then interpreted and used by marketing firms to give personalities(aka fighters) a bigger online presence. More presence, more opportunities to make money.

DC/Stipe and the 226 card in general, are epic. Great super fight, great card, just great MMA. And yet, t's a fucking whisper around here.

Colby and Woodley aren't even booked to fight yet, and all they had to do was say "Trump" and "racism" out-loud to start producing 10+ page threads.

Guess what this is gonna result in? More twitter wars based on using buzzwords to attract clicks, and less epic fights that are based on an abundance of merit. If we're talking about CM Punk more than we're talking about Mighty Mouse, guess who's gonna be pushed more? If we like guys like Cowboy Cerrone way more than we like WMMA, what should we be talking about to see more of one than the other?

We're literally digging our own grave right now and not realizing it. We're like a year away from cards with youtubers and instagram models on it, and nobody seems to even be noticing. Come on guys. Let's remember we're MMA fans, not talking fans. We're not insult fans. We're fans of fucking combat. Physicality.

We're fans of what happens when the talking stops. We really gotta stop telling them we're more interested in the words, because it's ruining our sport.

upload_2018-6-15_9-23-56.jpeg

If they don’t improve the quality of the cards, then I’ll refuse to stream them.

And if we talk too much we get stuff like Connor:(

Thanks for posting this. I'm just tired of the vast majority evidence that not a single fighter is even remotely accepted as good across the board. It's as if forum users expect there to be a perfect fighter...but humans are not perfect in nothing.

There are people saying: "GSP is scared" "Romero Sucks" "Anderson Silva wasn't good" "Mighty Mouse isn't good" Jon Jones is not a good fighter..........the list goes on.

It's frustrating to witness. I've also seen where forum users that took a hiatus came back and suddenly now the whole topic of conversation on sherdog has become increasingly negative compared to before.

For me to write this and pretend I havn't contributed to this train of thought, would be a lie. However, I do try to be positive and not get too invested in heated arguments. I can also give credit to fighters that I don't really like.

Last words, it's ok to talk about some guys who sucks->like CM punk. That's for sure. That's pretty conclusive and accurate.

Wasteland? Really?

I give it 3 years before this sport is completely fringe again and WME folds the UFC or sells it for peanuts.

Back