Hey Mon, David Letterman

Well, maybe the wrong thread, maybe disjointed, maybe the wrong time. It was the long-overdue time for me acknowledge the man. I'm a very small very appreciative acolyte to about eight or nine heroes i try to blend to and disappear in shame. That's not humble, that's scared shitshitless. I feel there's only really one sin, same as Holden Caulfield, bullshit, fake people.

I always love that he made this a thing.

And, as if that wasn't awesome enough, after Jay beat Vinny Testaverde at knocking a giant meatball off the top of a Christmas tree (the same night he told the Lone Ranger story for the first time), that became a part of the Christmas tradition, as well.

LOL at the end of the first football vid...

Jay (referring to the football/handegg) - "Can I have one of these?"
Dave - "Sure - we'll deliver it to your sister."

I saw the show live in NYC before he retired. The rest of you are just imposter fans. Yes, even you!

Nothing to do with Dave, just love the man, he would like song

Letterman lived and went to high school about six blocks from where I grew up, somewhat before my time though. One of the funniest things about him was his scholarship fund for average students at Ball State (his alma mater). "A self-described average student, Letterman later endowed a scholarship for what he called "C students" at Ball State".

George Costanza take note.....

I'm getting old, as a young guy you don't give a fuck, but your heroes going to sleep and not helping out, and turning to shit....be poignant in sconce.

Hey, I'm the lowest of the shit. And if you think I see me one inch above you, you don'r know. I'm alive only because of Jim Morrison, Bon Scott, David Letterman via Carson,

as it sits, what constitutes importance and to what degree, musically, majestically in the sconse.: ...leave your answers, and when no one's watching
es

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I thought it was pretty cool how he walked out on NBC way back in the day. I don't think anybody had ever done that before. Dave is really the reason there are different, competing late night shows on different networks.

And I think Craig Ferguson should've gotten Dave's old time slot. I heard that Dave picked Craig for the slot but the network disagreed or whatever.

Back