High chances that Bader will win HW tournament

LastingEffect

What greater gift than the love of a cat
@purple
Reaction score
Chael somewhat showed a blueprint on how Bader could win. After first minutes Fedor starts to fade. He just needs to go through the storm.

Also Fedor showed that he mostly powers out of dangerious positions. That's not a good strategy if you have small gass tank.

Powering your way out of things is a good way to end fights fast though

Fedor knows he will need better cardio for this next fight. He will put the work in, seeing he is motivated.

For 42 year old fighter stamina is probably long gone.
As a 42 yr old I disagree that it’s the age.
But in Fedor’s case - I haven’t seen him with good cardio in ten years, so I agree with you. Bader is basically prime Arona, who gave Fedor fits when he was in shape.

As a 42 yr old I disagree that it’s the age.
But in Fedor’s case - I haven’t seen him with good cardio in ten years, so I agree with you. Bader is basically prime Arona, who gave Fedor fits when he was in shape.

Bader is nowhere near caliber of Arona's grappling.

Fedor by armbar.

Chael somewhat showed a blueprint on how Bader could win. After first minutes Fedor starts to fade. He just needs to go through the storm.

Also Fedor showed that he mostly powers out of dangerious positions. That's not a good strategy if you have small gass tank.

Bader is a little better version of Chael.

Fedor had a good training tonight.

He puts in work, corrects mistakes and beats Bader by armbar.

Bader has a questionable chin, that's the only shot Fedor has.

Bader is dangerous, but Fedor will win and then he will retire for good!

Explosive escapes will be much harder against a stronger Bader. Getting subbed isn't much of a concern but Bader takes kinda half back mount similar to GSP vs Nick and controls with one arm, punches cautiously with the other to keep position. And he's got 5-round cardio.

Fedor, at this point, has 2-round cardio if there's heavy wrestling involved. Still has punching power after that, but no hip strength for clinch throws and defense.

If Bader gets past the 1st round he'll win, and because he shoots often this could be a boring 5-rounder.

Fedor beats bader if he ups his cardio

Yeah. Agreed on that.
Fedor looked excellent technically, but his only downside is his cardio (at that age it's something normal I guess).
If Fedor keeps fighting like that in all 3? rounds against Bader he's probably gonna knock him out.
Yet I think he's about to slow down after the initial round and from there someone like Bader can exploit his holes.

Big Fedor fan here. It appears that Fedor gassed out pretty easily trying to avoid the wrestling. It felt like he was very fearful of Chael's wrestling which was kind of odd considering his sambo background. If this version of Fedor shows up, I'm afraid we'll have the first 2 division champ in Bellator.
War Fedor!!!!

Bader has a poor chin Tito dropped him with an arm punch but he's a lot younger likely stronger and probably better conditioned. Would be a great send off for Fedor to win the tournament.

Bader has a questionable chin, that's the only shot Fedor has.

that is what I got too; if Bader gets clamped by one of those Russian hooks he wont be getting up

Fedor needs to put a power shot or 2 on Bader's chin to win. That's his only chance at this point I think

Teddy's gastank was concerning last night!

WAR-WAGON, fellas!

Fedor has a sluggers chance against Bader. Fedor lands 1 bomb it could be lights out for Bader.

Back