High Schools cutting football teams

Not at Stanford. When I was there they still played at the old Stanford stadium which had 78,000 seats and it was half empty except for the odd game.

You're crazy if you think that football program doesn't hall in millions a year for them dude. I'd be willing to bet it's one of the most profitable things they have.

You're crazy if you think that football program doesn't hall in millions a year for them dude. I'd be willing to bet it's one of the most profitable things they have.

According to this, they make $7m a year which i find surprising. In reality, $7m is nothing when they have an endowment of $20B+. It's not like alumni are donating because of the profile of the football team.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alicia...ok-at-the-top-25-teams-revenues-and-expenses/

Many former all-time greats won't let their kids play football.

He definitely wasn't great but one of my old roommates was a D1 o-lineman. After he got married and had a kid he said none of his sons would play football unless they are the place kicker.

They aren't getting rid of their football program. None of the major conference schools are -not anytime soon anyway.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the schools in my .sig cuts football in the next 10 yrs. The University of Chicago did it in the 40s when they were a national powerhouse.

yea, heard the trend is towards girls field hockey instead of nasty old boys football.
:eyeroll

More American pussification and sensationalism.

Yeah, pussies like Brett Farve, Adrian Petersen and Mike Ditka wouldn't let their kids play football, knowing what they know now. You could have destroyed any of those pussies in their primes in an Oklahoma drill.

They aren't getting rid of their football program. None of the major conference schools are -not anytime soon anyway.

It would take some sort of a massive lawsuit, as the money is college football is just getting bigger and bigger, and there seems to be 5-10 new D1A (or FCS or whatever they call it these days) teams every year coming up from the lower divisions.

It would take some sort of a massive lawsuit, as the money is college football is just getting bigger and bigger, and there seems to be 5-10 new D1A (or FCS or whatever they call it these days) teams every year coming up from the lower divisions.

Not just a lawsuit, but if the department of Labor designates scholarship athletes as employees of the University...

All Football need to do is change to save itself is the equipment. Instead of those metal helmets put flimsy bicycle helmet. The ones made from the styrofoam that you get from Walmart. No protection for the front and side of face, and no shoulder pads.

Or even the soccer helmets, or boxing headgear.

Yeah, pussies like Brett Farve, Adrian Petersen and Mike Ditka wouldn't let their kids play football, knowing what they know now. You could have destroyed any of those pussies in their primes in an Oklahoma drill.
Its cute that you think professional football payers are smart enough to be experts in brain injuries.

Its cute that you think professional football payers are smart enough to be experts in brain injuries.

You're blaming pro football players for the pussification of America.

SMH

You need alot of improvement in your reading comprehension.

Protip: Try having a coherent point, that usually helps people understand what you're writing.

Another protip: Guys who complain about "pussification of society" or whatever, are usually pussies themselves trying to sound tough.

golf is where its at for kids. few injuries besides maybe a bad back. pay is incredible. i hear the groupies are top notch. yup, if/when i have a chidler, they are gonna be steered towards that

golf is where its at for kids. few injuries besides maybe a bad back. pay is incredible. i hear the groupies are top notch. yup, if/when i have a chidler, they are gonna be steered towards that

Baseball imo.

Start up costs seem too high.

How much does golf equipment cost? How quickly do kids outgrow them?

Back