High Schools cutting football teams

Could you imagine high school football going away in the South.. Like in Texas? Yeah, I can't either.

Like some else mentioned, even if teams start to go away on the high school level they'll just start clubs like they do with hockey for areas where it isn't available through the school.

Start up costs seem too high.

How much does golf equipment cost? How quickly do kids outgrow them?
Considering how boring golf is, I don't see high school kids making it popular to play at that age. They'll save it for their 30s or 40s when they have a gut and are kissing their boss's or client's ass on the course.

Considering how boring golf is, I don't see high school kids making it popular to play at that age. They'll save it for their 30s or 40s when they have a gut and are kissing their boss's or client's ass on the course.
yes, all the best golfers in the world started up when they were in their 30's and 40's and fat. good point

yes, all the best golfers in the world started up when they were in their 30's and 40's and fat. good point
How many high school kids play golf? You're talking about a very small minority that actually took to the sport as a kid and stuck with it. As much as you will try to promote that to kids how many will choose golf over playing football?

Could you imagine high school football going away in the South.. Like in Texas? Yeah, I can't either.

Like some else mentioned, even if teams start to go away on the high school level they'll just start clubs like they do with hockey for areas where it isn't available through the school.
We Texans live for high school football

Every time I think about that, it always makes me think about Dazed and Confused when the old dude walks up to Floyd and asks him about his arm and how well the team is going to do that year.

I asked my friends seven year old son what he wanted for Christmas last year and he asked for madden. I tried to sell him on the merits of lego batman but he scoffed at me.

Felt like I was buying him a pack of cigarettes.

Every time I think about that, it always makes me think about Dazed and Confused when the old dude walks up to Floyd and asks him about his arm and how well the team is going to do that year.

i-get-older-they-stay-the-same-age-o.gif

How many high school kids play golf? You're talking about a very small minority that actually took to the sport as a kid and stuck with it. As much as you will try to promote that to kids how many will choose golf over playing football?
the topic was whether or not you want your kids to play football. i wouldnt and everything you are saying is backing up my point. the money is just as good in many cases, the injuries are much, much less and the competition is much less. it's the perfect thing to steer your kid towards. not sure why you think i am arguing that golf is a more popular sport

Why bother when their are so many other sports?

Not to sound rude, but...why?

I would feel out of place if I showed up to a high school sporting event and I was there to watch complete strangers.

If my kid ain't playing or if I'm not coaching one of the teams, I just don't see myself going to be a spectator of a children's sporting event.

It’s such a shame. Football is such a huge part of American culture.

Back