Highest-Paid YouTubers for 2018: 7-Year-Old Ryan Tops the Forbes List with $22 million a year

I don't think I've ever seen content produced with less substance or talent. The family is annoying, the music is Chinese Water Torture and the editing can be done by a monkey with brain damage.

I'd say that at least they're not hurting anything, but I wonder if heavy consumption of Ryan's Toy Review isn't a stunting influence on a developing brain.

Who the fuck is watching these videos? Either children make up a huge amount of YouTube viewers, or there's something else at 'play' here.
I take it you dont have kids, children are freakin addicted to Youtube big time
It used to be give em some cereal and turn on cartoons to shut em up, now its hand em your phone and let em watch Youtube
They'll sit there for hours if you let em, its the new babysitter

My six years old daughter watches a bunch of videos made by child YouTubers. They mostly follow a similar format, with challenges, pranks and toy reviews
This chanel is, in my opinion, the worst of them. The kid is boring and his parents are geeks. I've no idea why it has such a vast number of subscribers when it competes with much superior competition.

This shit blows my mind. I don't think I've ever used YouTube for anything other than music or random shit like sketches from a show

Kids aged 10-14 live on Youtube. I get that they're growing up in a completely different world than I did, but what I don't get are those gaming channels where millions of kids watch some guy playing a game, day by day. I get that you want to see a review of a game, or a walkthrough, but just sitting for hours and watching someone else playing the game....I keep a close watch on my 10 yo son, no way he's wasting his time on such a passive way of life from early on.

Meanwhile police, firefighters, the military, and construction workers live in poverty.

Western society is doomed

Kids aged 10-14 live on Youtube. I get that they're growing up in a completely different world than I did, but what I don't get are those gaming channels where millions of kids watch some guy playing a game, day by day. I get that you want to see a review of a game, or a walkthrough, but just sitting for hours and watching someone else playing the game....I keep a close watch on my 10 yo son, no way he's wasting his time on such a passive way of life from early on.
I agree about kids watching others play videogames but at the same time most grown men spend hours and hours every week watching other grown men playing games too

I agree about kids watching others play videogames but at the same time most grown men spend hours and hours every week watching other grown men playing games too
Damn, can't argue with that, Sherbro. I guess the only thing worse when it comes to kids is the availability of content on Youtube, they're checking their subscriptions 24/7. I've stopped watching sports years ago, only mma occasionally, but you're spot on.

Once Ryan is old enough to understand money and wealth, do you think he will understand emancipation?

Surprised H3H3 are not on there. I don't watch any of these channels and I am always on YT. Most are very irritating mongs.

I heard Markiplier is good but I checked out some of his vids and he's just as annoying as these other mouthbreathers.

He's just like these other guys who just talk to a camera play a game, insult their teammates or peers talk like 11 years olds and have nothing of substance to contribute. I thought that was what Twitch was for?

What a time to be alive.

Meanwhile police, firefighters, the military, and construction workers live in poverty.

every one of those jobs with over 10 years experience makes 6 figures where I live. (aside from military because I dont live near a base).

Unless a video is instructional most user generated content on YT is unwatchable to me. Kids I get on some instances, but adults watching this stuff blows my mind.

For my kid we put on nursery rhymes when me and the wife absolutely have to so something and we need to keep her in place for a few minutes. Other than that I make sure it's me or my wife interacting with her and I refuse to give her the phone at restaurants.

I don't think I've ever seen content produced with less substance or talent. The family is annoying, the music is Chinese Water Torture and the editing can be done by a monkey with brain damage.

I'd say that at least they're not hurting anything, but I wonder if heavy consumption of Ryan's Toy Review isn't a stunting influence on a developing brain.

I had never heard the channel before so I went and watched some videos. Holy shit, that kid made that much money off those videos? There's not one redeeming quality in those things, they are all over the place

Most of them are gamers. Imagine there was only one gamer to watch, he or she would make tons of money on YT.

Forget about developing brains, bro.

I’m convinced this insta-click culture is reformatting brains of all ages.

This internet thing is a double edged sword.

Who the fuck is watching these videos? Either children make up a huge amount of YouTube viewers, or there's something else at 'play' here.
sadly my kid used to watch this alot, its like crack cocaine for kids. Simple videos of unboxing toys hardly any editing.

This shit blows my mind. I don't think I've ever used YouTube for anything other than music or random shit like sketches from a show

I'd put youtube up there with Wikipedia and google maps. It's a treasure trove if you use it as such. It's like bespoke TV sans scripted shows (they have some, but I've never watched). I don't recall ever turning on the TV and having someone teach me how to make a functional bow out of PVC, review survival gear, explain the way the Mongol horde moved its army across the steppe, create neat ant farms, etc. etc.

Never understood this mentality...and there's nothing stopping the police/military guys from using their skills and some basic editing to make gun reviews, self-defense videos, etc. or a construction worker could build things/do home repairs and put those up. They may not make millions, but there's a space for those things if they feel like their jobs don't pay enough.

...and it's not like we don't understand how the entertainment industry works. Think about it, people make millions because they are good at pretending to be other people and most of us don't bat an eye.

Surprised H3H3 are not on there. I don't watch any of these channels and I am always on YT. Most are very irritating mongs.

I heard Markiplier is good but I checked out some of his vids and he's just as annoying as these other mouthbreathers.

He's just like these other guys who just talk to a camera play a game, insult their teammates or peers talk like 11 years olds and have nothing of substance to contribute. I thought that was what Twitch was for?

What a time to be alive.

This is one thing I've noticed. Not sure if it says more about them or myself, but most of the people that seem to get massively popular have (IMO) obnoxious, grating humor that I guess the kids just eat up.

Damn good job on VanossGaming I remember when he was under 100k subs and doing simple black ops 2 SnD troll videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back