Highest-Paid YouTubers for 2018: 7-Year-Old Ryan Tops the Forbes List with $22 million a year

Damn Dude Perfect is still around !? I can't believe those guys are still popular

but what I don't get are those gaming channels where millions of kids watch some guy playing a game, day by day. I get that you want to see a review of a game, or a walkthrough, but just sitting for hours and watching someone else playing the game

"Why would you watch a <insert sport> match when you could play <insert sport> with your friends"

Its because youtube is owned by Google and google pick and choose who they want to feature its why its a rigged game you can only be a millionaire if google likes you and your join a studio and play their game so they give you showcase spots on the homepage and premium paying adsense ads that pay dollars per click or view instead of cents.

Before youtube sold to Google in the old days it was dope the first few years I remember, it was awesome random videos no bias anyone could get traffic there, now they control the search Google shows favoritism bias and its hard as hell to find old videos with key words now, they just show their premium favored channels

I used to type different keywrods in and videos I wanted would pop up not anymore
PewDiePie or any regular male content creator like Phil DeFranco will never be on trending again. Thankfully, they've already built up millions of subs and all that, so they don't need to.

Don't you cats have any better rebuttals than calling people who see things differently than you "old"?

What is it that I'm not "getting" anyway? A 7 year-old boy made millions playing with toys on Youtube, well, good for him. If you think finding that crazy or finding it far less impressive than being a professional actor means you're out of touch, then you're an idiot.
so you find this kid's (and his parents') achievement less impressive than a Hollywood child star? Child actors are selected purely on the preferences of the particular casting agent that day and most are eliminated from their head shots alone. Their actual talents or charisma is not even assessed. And if they do get selected, they will be at the mercy of the most predatory sector of the entertainment biz. If they are not outright molested and raped, they will end up enduring mental abuse and enter adulthood damaged.

Compare with a youtube child star who had to grow a fanbase on the merits of his personality and charisma. And be consistently likable to his audience while pumping out more content than any child actor in Hollywood. And because he only answers to his parents, there is less likelihood of exploitive and abusive parasitism (though it does exist but at least it stays in the family).

Just accept that you are an aging dinosaur who wants to defend the practices of an indefensible industry while dismissing the existence of a much better alternative. The world is full of people who fear change.

PewDiePie or any regular male content creator like Phil DeFranco will never be on trending again. Thankfully, they've already built up millions of subs and all that, so they don't need to.
Bro so many of the older channels that were popular are done, i remember some chick named happyslip, she was in the inc magazine and they did a feature on her back in 2008 and she said she was able to quit her job and be a stay at home mom, making 300 thousand a year off youtube ads, this was around the time google first aquired them or they allowed adsense on the videos.

I hapen to say what happen to her and looked her up and she was still putting up videos but google stopped featuring her, i think she had to go back to school and work a regular job all her traffic was gone.

Also kev jumba, that guy dissappeared google stopped featuring him he stopped playing the game and took a break got into an accident tried to comeback but he doesnt get the millions of views he used to.

Google picks and choose who get featured many times they favor those who spew their agenda. Basically sell your soul and do as we say, defranco, pewdiepie, and others started breaking from googles agenda luckily they like you said developed a huge fan following

Joe rogan even said he cant say certain things because youtube is his main source of his podcast income other than his sponsors which he no longer really promotes because his podcast is earning from adsense now.

so you find this kid's (and his parents') achievement less impressive than a Hollywood child star? Child actors are selected purely on the preferences of the particular casting agent that day and most are eliminated from their head shots alone. Their actual talents or charisma is not even assessed. And if they do get selected, they will be at the mercy of the most predatory sector of the entertainment biz. If they are not outright molested and raped, they will end up enduring mental abuse and enter adulthood damaged.

Compare with a youtube child star who had to grow a fanbase on the merits of his personality and charisma. And be consistently likable to his audience while pumping out more content than any child actor in Hollywood. And because he only answers to his parents, there is less likelihood of exploitive and abusive parasitism (though it does exist but at least it stays in the family).

Just accept that you are an aging dinosaur who wants to defend the practices of an indefensible industry while dismissing the existence of a much better alternative. The world is full of people who fear change.

Aging dinosaur? I'm not even old lol. I've embraced Youtube pretty much since its inception.

I only brought up actors because someone else did.

I'm not gonna hate, I'd like to use this to learn. How in God's name does one get a channel to go viral for something as menial as toy reviews?

What is the secret ingredient that launches one into stardom?

If they average person (or their kid) reviewed toys, they'd be lucky to break 100 views. These folks have millions and are able to monetize, advertise and get sponsors.

Bro so many of the older channels that were popular are done, i remember some chick named happyslip, she was in the inc magazine and they did a feature on her back in 2008 and she said she was able to quit her job and be a stay at home mom, making 300 thousand a year off youtube ads, this was around the time google first aquired them or they allowed adsense on the videos.

I hapen to say what happen to her and looked her up and she was still putting up videos but google stopped featuring her, i think she had to go back to school and work a regular job all her traffic was gone.

Also kev jumba, that guy dissappeared google stopped featuring him he stopped playing the game and took a break got into an accident tried to comeback but he doesnt get the millions of views he used to.

Google picks and choose who get featured many times they favor those who spew their agenda. Basically sell your soul and do as we say, defranco, pewdiepie, and others started breaking from googles agenda luckily they like you said developed a huge fan following

Joe rogan even said he cant say certain things because youtube is his main source of his podcast income other than his sponsors which he no longer really promotes because his podcast is earning from adsense now.
Never heard of them before, but according to Socialblade, she has 615,756 subs and 76,830,469 views. Which sounds good, but they also estimate she's only making $956/year at most. I hope she saved some of that money, at least. She hasn't uploaded a video since May and it has about 15k views.

The guy must have made millions at his height, because he has close to 3 million subs and over 300 million views. His last video actually has close to 800k views, but it was released back in 2017.

I don't know how much of this to blame on YouTube/Google. I've certainly had my issues with them. They killed a 2006 pre-Google account of mine over some bullshit and fucked a lot of people over, but you can only stay on top for so long. I kinda feel like if they kept grinding they could have done better, but I understand you get burned out, especially when what you were doing doesn't really work anymore.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/kevjumba
https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/happyslip

My 5 year old wants his own youtube channel. Every time he shows me something he tells me to like and subscribe. He even puts the icons into his drawings.

Has he told you about Lincoln Bio?

I take a small amount of pride in having no idea who any of those people are.

looks like parents whoring out their children is still financially strong

Nah she had kids and stopped making videos to focus on family.

So you guys are thinking what I'm thinking; we should steal his lunch money

My kids will straight up watch YT over regular TV. Hell, sometimes I’d rather watch YT than regular TV.

Ridiculous. Proof our economy is in trouble lol

I still find it hilarious that out of all the Myspace "celebrities" that somehow Jeffree fucking Star of all people manages to not only stay relevant but actually become an even bigger star.

Back