Hillary Explains Loss: Millions of White People Were Upset By Gains Made By Minorities

I was saying it was an essential portion--that they wouldn't win presidential elections or Congressional majorities without that portion. I think we're agreed on that (and, to tie it to the thread, I still think a reasonable criticism of Clinton's point was that that's a constant rather than something particular to 2016).

I suspect you have a strongly non-representative group of friends. The social stuff (including racial resentment politics) is the more-popular aspect of the GOP's pitch. Pluralities or majorities of self-identified Republicans support *more* progressive taxation, protecting or expanding entitlements, higher MWs, and other policies that would never be considered for a second by Republican elected officials. It's long been the formula that you get votes for an unpopular economic agenda by pressing the right social buttons. That also explains *why* a lot of Republican policies don't get enacted even when they have control (like Bush's SS privatization scheme or the recent attempt to fuck with people's healthcare). When you're on the sidelines, it's easy to say, "Obamacare is killing us," and rally voters behind you as part of general Obama hatred, but when you actually have a plan on the table, and people see that it fucks them, they don't like it so much, and vulnerable legislators back off a little.
I personally don't think they ever meant to truly repeal the ACA, they were just trying to stop a prevention to fully single payer hence the extremely shitty rush 'replacement'. Don't know the stats, but i presume the right gets more donations from health insurers and the pharma industry (although i know both parties get donations from them). I'm pretty convinced that on both sides, but especially the right they absolutely do not care about what the constituency thinks, unless it already aligns w/ their agenda. They only care who funds the campaigns.

Otherwise, i don't know how to explain that prop here a few years back to block gay marriage that was funded by Mormons (iirc?), even though among Cali republicans it wasn't a favorable view and obviously not among the left here.

that kinda shit won't fly under our boy Newsome. I'm telling you, that's the future of the DEMs.

1.) The birther movement was a small sect of mouth breathing goof balls on the extreme far right almost a decade ago, but keep bringing it up as if it's still relevant.

Considering the current POTUS claimed such things as far as 2014, i dont think its that irrelevant.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far here are all of Hillary's excuses for why she lost:

The FBI
James Comey, then FBI director
The Russians/Putin
'Anti-American forces'
Bernie Sanders
Low information voters
Everyone who assumed she'd win
Bad polling numbers
Obama for winning two terms
People wanting change
Misogynists
Suburban women
The New York Times
Television executives
Cable news
Netflix
Democrats not making the right documentaries
Facebook
Twitter
Wikileaks
Fake news
'Content farms in Macedonia'
The Republican Party
The Democratic Party
Women post-election protesters
Matt Lauer
Joe Biden

DJN3q9XVAAEH2ty.jpg:small
Bernie bros...

These threads are pointless. Never about really discussing any issues, just about reaffirming tribal hatred.

Ed: Didn't realize you were the TS. Point stands, and you should try to do better.
Sounds like you are no longer a paid shill for her.

I personally don't think they ever meant to truly repeal the ACA, they were just trying to stop a prevention to fully single payer hence the extremely shitty rush 'replacement'. Don't know the stats, but i presume the right gets more donations from health insurers and the pharma industry (although i know both parties get donations from them).

I think their stated objections to it and promises for a fix were contradictory and dishonest. On the one hand, there were saying it didn't do *enough* to make healthcare affordable and accessible; on the other, they were complaining about the spending and the taxation on high earners. It was always clear that if they got power, they'd have to either double-cross their donors and themselves or their middle-class supporters. Or just fail to do anything.

I'm pretty convinced that on both sides, but especially the right they absolutely do not care about what the constituency thinks, unless it already aligns w/ their agenda. They only care who funds the campaigns.

Otherwise, i don't know how to explain that prop here a few years back to block gay marriage that was funded by Mormons (iirc?), even though among Cali republicans it wasn't a favorable view and obviously not among the left here.

that kinda shit won't fly under our boy Newsome. I'm telling you, that's the future of the DEMs.

I think he's really smart, and being a big-state governor is the best experience you can have other than possibly SoS. But he reminds me a little of John Edwards. Kind of eely. Don't think he'll have much appeal to dumb voters, though I guess he's good-looking (SF chicks all seem to swoon) so maybe.

1. This never would have occurred if he wasn't a Black man. No white President is ever going to have their citizenship questioned. Especially not in the way it was.

2. Ditto here. You think that a white President will ever have to deal with a secret Muslim smear campaign? Really?

I don't deny that him being black has a lot to do with the criticism against him but
I think that the citizenship stuff has more to do with the fact he was called Barack Hussein Obama and his father is kenyan, not african-american, and he grew up in muslim indonesia.
I don't think a bona fide black american like Ben Carson would have his citizenship or religion questioned.
For what it's worth, Trump also tried that tactic against Ted Cruz claiming he was canadian. Ted Cruz is a white hispanic with strong support among white americans.

I don't think Obama is a muslim(or christian) or non-american, but I believe he got emotional bonds to Islam due to his family.

off topic: Here is something I don't get, why didn't his parents give him an english name? That's something I see lots of immigrants doing to show they like their new country, like Rafael Edward Cruz, it mixes a spanish name with an english second name and a hispanic surname.

I think he's really smart, and being a big-state governor is the best experience you can have other than possibly SoS. But he reminds me a little of John Edwards. Kind of eely. Don't think he'll have much appeal to dumb voters, though I guess he's good-looking (SF chicks all seem to swoon) so maybe.
gavin-newsom_featured.jpg

Damn, if he can keep his hair until 2020 here is your new president. That fat old orange buffoon has no chance.

I don't think Obama is a muslim(or christian) or non-american, but I believe he got emotional bonds to Islam due to his family.

Yet he is the only president that actually stood up to the Saudis.

Wow a picture, thats all that matter, policy be damned. You are better than this and you know it.

Obama refusal to escalate the war on Syria and the Iran deal made the Saudis and the Israelis shit their pants at Obama.

How many Saudis have refused a sitting US president invitation to America?

Wow a picture, thats all that matter, policy be damned. You are better than this and you know it.

Obama refusal to escalate the war on Syria and the Iran deal made the Saudis and the Israelis shit their pants at Obama.

How many Saudis have refused a sitting US president invitation to America?
I'm just joking
23orb-master768.jpg

I know Obama did a decent job not attacking Syria. Although I think he could've done more by blocking CIA help to the rebels. For what it's worth Trump/Mattis have been following a similar policy there although it seems a few attacks against Assad happened since then.

I'm just joking
23orb-master768.jpg

I know Obama did a decent job not attacking Syria. Although I think he could've done more by blocking CIA help to the rebels. For what it's worth Trump/Mattis have been following a similar policy there although it seems a few attacks against Assad happened since then.

Obama certainly started out as a pro-Saudi politician, but it was clear after the failure of Libya that he decided to take another approach and work with Iran. Which made Israel and Saudi Arabia go ballistic.

I dont think Trump, Hillary or any other politician for that matter would had spent as much political muscle in order to re-approach Iran.

Take heed dumbfuck leftists....this is why you lost.

The title of this thread is not even what she said. I say it all the time, if you have a good point then you do not have to be dishonest to make the point. Much of the time, there is some glaring untruth in the arguments made here. Did you see the thread about Polish vs British children, that claimed a handful of mayors in England were Muslim who are not Muslim at all?

-Sharp decline in black Democrats
-Continued slide in Hispanic votes
-Zero progress with under-30 white voters (not surprising given rhetoric)

The same groups her party was banking on could not stand her. She can't say it because blaming them would be her final suicide.

This is actually disgusting to look at. The stark difference in a black guy running for president and the highest numbers on the graph. It honestly tells me black people voted because of a black guy not because of his political stance. That statistic shows why identity politics works and why the left focuses on using it instead of an actual platform that solves issues. It also shows me how much we've failed at educating people at the most basic level in terms of politics. I know a lot of people were single issue voters andI never thought anyone was very educated. I just didn't think identity politics was this strong.

Last edited:
Blame it on the rain that was falling, falling
Blame it on the stars that did shine at night
Whatever you do don't put the blame on you
Blame it on the rain yeah yeah

I cant think of anyone but him and I would also guess that he is going to be the guy going forward. Hes more liberal than I would like a candidate to be but he seems to have the resume and people skills for the big show

Back