Hillary: I'm tired of hearing about how nobody likes me

It wasn't just her personality that lost her the election. It was all the fraud, corruption, lies, email scandals, and a complete lack of a platform that lost her the election. That combined with Trump laying out an excellent agenda that appealed to everyone but the fringes.

This is directed at Hillary Clinton, not you my igloo-farming friend.

Appreciate the unnecessary clarification. It's always nice to know I'm in your head at all times.

If I hear all the time that nobody likes me I would certainly think I could win the Presidency. The woman has no self awareness.

She lost because eight years of a Democrat almost always leads to a Republican. No special theory needed. Just the reality of a two party system.

No, to lose to Trump takes great incompetence. He is the worst candidate there could be and she still lost. Everybody thought she would win. This was a shoe in for a Democrat. She wanted to run against Trump because she thought she found somebody more unlikeable than her. She was a massive favorite to win the election. This isn't just blind mechanics of a political system.

how can you be a presidential candidate
and not know it's a popularity contest

This. It's like complaining about not being allowed to take part in beauty contests because you're too ugly:rolleyes:

The worst part about Trump winning is he won with the propaganda assistance of hostile foreign power and only because of the outdated electoral college(lost pop vote by 3 mil). More than anything it fills me with a sincere sense of disappointment in my fellow Americans, we should be better.
Had Hillary won the electoral college vote and Trump the popular vote you would be the first to praise the electoral college.

No, to lose to Trump takes great incompetence. He is the worst candidate there could be and she still lost. Everybody thought she would win. This was a shoe in for a Democrat. She wanted to run against Trump because she thought she found somebody more unlikeable than her. She was a massive favorite to win the election. This isn't just blind mechanics of a political system.

You’re getting caught up in perception, im talking about objective reality.

I see this perspective all the time in sports commentary. People have their theories on who is supposed to win, and when it doesn’t happen, they completely dismiss the idea that maybe they were wrong, and instead just make up some bullshit excuse that lets them off the hook. People sometimes can’t acknowledge that when reality doesn’t go according to their theories, it’s a failure on the themselves, not on reality.

You’re getting caught up in perception, im talking about objective reality.

I see this perspective all the time in sports commentary. People have their theories on who is supposed to win, and when it doesn’t happen, they completely dismiss the idea that maybe they were wrong, and instead just make up some bullshit excuse that lets them off the hook. People sometimes can’t acknowledge that when reality doesn’t go according to their theories, it’s a failure on the themselves, not on reality.

This isn't sports. Sporting outcomes aren't decided by fans. Terrible false analogy.

Only one of the most corrupt politicians in American history, why would anyone hate that?

Had Hillary won the electoral college vote and Trump the popular vote you would be the first to praise the electoral college.

That goes without saying. They'd be on their high horses "educating" everyone on why the Electoral College is one of the most important institutions in American politics,that protects it's sacred democracy from the "dangers" of mob rule.

They lost though, so mob rule is much, much better. Such a predictable lot of professional whiners.

Only one of the most corrupt politicians in American history, why would anyone hate that?
Funny, never even charged with anything, are Republicans that incompetent? They have been trying to get the Clintons for 30 years.

This isn't sports. Sporting outcomes aren't decided by fans. Terrible false analogy.
The analogy did not depend on that. You are once again finding an excuse to avoid reality to think the way you want. I can see it might be a pattern of thought at this point. You just can’t help it.

Hilary sounds like the next school shooter here

I've said this before but Clinton was the Democrat's version of Romney. She was someone who could be seen as a serious candidate for policy and experience but the candidate aspect was just awful for both her base and the general public. Very little charisma and gets caught frequently in saying the wrong type of lines for someone trying to win an election. The video that was leaked of Romeny saying 48%ish or so of the country won't vote for him so they should be ignored has some very comparable statements to things Clinton has said.
Given how she seemed prone to such comments I would say it very likely reflects how she truly feels about such subjects and voters. It's just a pattern for her and underscores the contempt she apparently feels. That certainly didn't bode well for her willingness to approach the concerns of those against her and her platform and build bridges that both sides could attempt to feel comfortable with.

But then, I'm not sure how far you have to go back in order to truly have a candidate that was sincere in their desire to be a President for both sides of the ideological aisle. To truly be of the people, for the people one must also embrace the concerns of the opposition as well and convince them of a better way, work to alleviate their fears or actually address their concerns in some meaningful way rather than simply dismissing them out of hand because they're not "your people".

The analogy did not depend on that. You are once again finding an excuse to avoid reality to think the way you want. I can see it might be a pattern of thought at this point. You just can’t help it.

Yes it did. These are people who decide it. They are asking people who decide who they will decide for. Sports fans don't decide who wins. They arent just people bullshitting on ESPN. Polls are more accurate than that. There is statistics and data. They have an error of 0.9%. Shut up about "reality". Hillary was also a massive favorite on betting sites. She was the favorite by any fuckin metric.

ISSpoll101216.png

Statisticians also crunched the numbers on the Comey thing. Again, more data. Instead of your, "Well a Democrat was in the office for 8 years so a Republican won." Derp. That isn't why Trump won. That is a simpleton's argument. Something a 4th grader could tell me.

The impact of Comey’s letter is comparatively easy to quantify, by contrast. At a maximum, it might have shifted the race by 3 or 4 percentage points toward Donald Trump, swinging Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Florida to him, perhaps along with North Carolina and Arizona. At a minimum, its impact might have been only a percentage point or so. Still, because Clinton lost Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin by less than 1 point, the letter was probably enough to change the outcome of the Electoral College.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-comey-letter-probably-cost-clinton-the-election/

10 part piece. Get to reading.

There's solid statistical evidence that the Comey announcement tipped the campaign to Trump (see Nate Silver's analysis, "The Comey Letter Probably Cost Clinton the Election," for the full argument.)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/opinions/comeys-unforgivable-error-lizza/index.html

Last edited:
http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-2016-campaign-895092

Hilary-Clinton.jpg

Trust =/= Like
No one trusted slick Willie but he was very likable. He's still very likable today.

The difference is Trump energized and mobilized his base while Hillary had nothing beside the 'woman' card.

Finally the truth came out. Her arrogance lost her the race thinking she was a shoe-in despite pissing people off. But at least she knew she messed up.
Quinnipiac 2013:

WASHINGTON (CBSDC)
— A new poll reveals that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is the most popular national figure among American voters.

The Quinnipiac University national poll released Friday shows that Clinton enjoys a 61 percent favorability rating, 10 points higher than President Barack Obama.

WSJ/NBC 2018:

27%

(pdf download link from WSJ)
https://www.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/18233NBCWSJApril2018Poll.pdf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back