Hip hop doesnt get hype anymore.

That gets you some cred back but their ain't a Bay rapper before 2000 I ain't heard of. Everyone was listening to Too $hort behind their parents backs when I was in elementary school.

What I loved about those days is that you could tell where in the Bay a rapper was from just based on the sound. Like Frisco rappers had a similar sound that was different from Oakland which was different from Vallejo. The internet changed everything.

Your right about the differences. Oakland had that mob sound from Short/ Ant Banks. I can't describe Frisco's sound but it was different... more samples. RBL used alot of samples on their first joint. Same with Rappin Forte. Then you had Dre Dog/ Andre Nicatina who was on some other shit. The Click tape... which I still have... Down & Dirty was sample heavy. But Valejo was a cross between mob and sample. I still have that Celly Cell allbum on CD Killa Cali. Then Sac had its own siccmade type sound. Honestly Sacramento was untouchable when they came on the scene. They took the torch. That was a dope era. Mr. Doctor, CBO Lynch, Sicx, X Raided, Ms Marvelous etc. Then the Bay went full retard with that Hyphy crap.

SOB x RBE kings of the bay area

Sorry man, these dudes are wack and bland as fuck. Same issues as all other new rap music I try to listen to just no effort. Lazy ass tracks.

Here's some real shit from Vallejo for you to soak game:

Sorry man, these dudes are wack and bland as fuck. Same issues as all other new rap music I try to listen to just no effort. Lazy ass tracks.

Here's some real shit from Vallejo for you to soak game:

no effort? lazy?

holy fuck ur trolling their energy is so good bro what

no effort? lazy?

holy fuck ur trolling their energy is so good bro what
Go back to back with the Dubee track I posted. Compare that basic ass beat with that heat from Khayree. Compare those dudes basic raps with the slick lines and on beat flow from Dubee, and he ain't even the hottest rapper from back then just a random pick. I cant agree with you on a technical perspective. It ain't even about personal preference.

sob x rbe kings of the bay? {<jordan} boy them the first :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s from the bay you ever heard of?

Savage getting straight Merked by everyone but still standing. I give him credit

Go back to back with the Dubee track I posted. Compare that basic ass beat with that heat from Khayree. Compare those dudes basic raps with the slick lines and on beat flow from Dubee, and he ain't even the hottest rapper from back then just a random pick. I cant agree with you on a technical perspective. It ain't even about personal preference.
i read ur post as saying their vibe/energy/delivery was lazy and no effort - something i couldnt disagree more with

if you wanna talk straight bars/super technical rapping/showmanship through lyrics you'll find no argument from me claiming that new guys are better, my position is simply that those qualities are not necessary for someone (me) to experience intense enjoyment from a rap song. of course if you disagree and you go to rap specifically for lyrics and not vibes then thats fine too it just means we have a fundamental disagreement about music that can be jotted down to the subjectiveness of personal taste

sob x rbe kings of the bay? {<jordan} boy them the first :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s from the bay you ever heard of?
ay dont type the n word like that fam its how i got a yellow card

"Do not circumvent the word filter by using alternative letters, numbers, symbols, spaces, fonts, etc., in a word to prevent it from being censored."

i read ur post as saying their vibe/energy/delivery was lazy and no effort - something i couldnt disagree more with

if you wanna talk straight bars/super technical rapping/showmanship through lyrics you'll find no argument from me claiming that new guys are better, my position is simply that those qualities are not necessary for someone (me) to experience intense enjoyment from a rap song. of course if you disagree and you go to rap specifically for lyrics and not vibes then thats fine too it just means we have a fundamental disagreement about music that can be jotted down to the subjectiveness of personal taste
Don't get me wrong. I can fuck with some ignant ass shit. My Memphis music collection is just as extensive as my Bay collection. Fire beats and on point cadence with ignorant lyrics.

If anything, this thread inspired me to start checking some new shit. Now by new shit I mean rappers I listened to back in the day, but their new shit. I'm not interested in being blindsided by mumble rap and trap harmonies.

I'm happy to say San Quinn is still dropping quality tracks. I don't know how these old ass rappers continue to stay creating new lyrics.

Back