HOA Nazis Hate America

• Thread starter Deleted member 391673
  • Start date
If its in the US, so long as its flying UNDER the US flag nobody should have a problem with it. Following proper flag customs (laws? Etiquette?) can go a long way towards not pissing people off.

Well, there are no laws covering that.
And the people who want to fly them aren't often going to fly the US flag with and above it.
And they're going to say the exact same thing some people in this thread are: "Are you trying to tell me I spent all this money on this place and I can't do what I want? GTFO"

There has to more to this. I deal with HOA's on a daily basis. Most have flag restrictions, but they are not allowed to restrict the American Flag, because that would be against the law.
Also I would never live in a HOA. Did it once and the President was a retired asshole who had nothing better to do than be up every ones ass.

I won't ever purchase a house that has a HOA. Sorry if I feel like flying my come and take it flag that is my right as an American

I have an HOA. We are allowed a US flag outside our house. During football season I fly a Longhorn football flag on Saturday. I take it down each night. They aren’t super strict about it.

I mow my own grass and was out of the country for two weeks and my grass grew about ankle length. When I got home there was a postcard in the mail reminding me to mow my grass. I did that weekend about a week later. To be clear, I mow my yard once a week.

one of the great story-tellers of our time.

Fuck that homeowner association noise. If I want a '78 Camaro in various states of repair with uncut grass in a ring around it and christmas decorations I put up 4 years ago, I should be able to do that. Thats what so great about Maine.

Mind blown. Is this shit in rental property or places people actually own? WTF? DOX the fuck out of these cretins and if they are local make them move out.

Glad the guy is suing them for $1mill hope he gets it.

Mind blown. Is this shit in rental property or places people actually own? WTF? DOX the fuck out of these cretins and if they are local make them move out.

A lot of people like it. I guess its better than everyone having a shitty yard but I think some of the stories I hear just sound like the people who run the things like to fuck with people.

See, in England we don't have housing associations, we have a society instead and it achieves exactly the same thing through being polite.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

Fuck that homeowner association noise. If I want a '78 Camaro in various states of repair with uncut grass in a ring around it and christmas decorations I put up 4 years ago, I should be able to do that. Thats what so great about Maine.

I love Maine.

Is this a serious question about what an HOA is?

He agreed to follow the rules or face a fine when he bought the house. Signed documentation. He then violated the rules and spent all his money trying to sue them.

I’d rather not tell other people what to do their own property.

Then dont buy a house in an HOA. its a pretty simple concept.

So much hate for HOAs when no one os forced to buy a house there.

Flags are sort of tacky. My mom lives in a nice gated community, I don’t know if no flags are allowed but there aren’t many of any hanging around.

About 1/2 a mile away there’s another gated community with that hear massive 100ft tall flagpoles with huge American flags and flags of the state and even an American flag but it was black and white with a blue stripe in it.

I’ve been in that flag community on a run once and everybody had multiple flags hanging up. I’m not offended by it but it looks like shit.

See, in England we don't have housing associations, we have a society instead and it achieves exactly the same thing through being polite.
In the US, we like to make rules, regulations, and laws about everything instead of applying basic human courtesy. When one of us steps forward, points to your method as something that would probably be better than our system of regulating everything, and asks why we can't try that, we meet the response, "You're living in a libertarian fantasy!" as though somehow, we're the assholes. It makes absolutely no sense to me, but I totally think that your methods of simply being polite to one another are better than our system of creating thousands of rules that each carry penalties for noncompliance.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/h...-house/ar-AAzOQ7r?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

He refused to pay a fine for the U.S. flag on his porch. His fight with the HOA forced him to sell his house.

aCzNb4AoOdJ3U2DVpwTgPyrx41X00HUSQ_Ioii9iu8M.jpg

the people running these HOA's have to be gigantic pieces of shit on a power trip....
they gotta be really spiteful and vindictive too. but really - it also sounds like "when keeping it real goes wrong"

Clicked on the link and I was surprised it was one of those small flower pot flags. On one hand I was baffled the management/HOA was that restrictive to not allow a 17 inch American flag. I cannot imagine any positive publicity for the neighborhood management/HOA coming out of this story and if anything people will be turned off to live in this same community in the future. Bad PR move for sure.

Last edited:
In the US, we like to make rules, regulations, and laws about everything instead of applying basic human courtesy. When one of us steps forward, points to your method as something that would probably be better than our system of regulating everything, and asks why we can't try that, we meet the response, "You're living in a libertarian fantasy!" as though somehow, we're the assholes. It makes absolutely no sense to me, but I totally think that your methods of simply being polite to one another are better than our system of creating thousands of rules that each carry penalties for noncompliance.

Freedom!!!......?

Both systems have their failings, some people don't care for politeness and just leave scrap in their front yard etc. Also there are zones to our politeness, poverty zones have near zero, middle to upper middle class zones have the most, Upper class become their own thing.

An example of the enforcement in my village, after I'd settled in to the new house I got a gardener to sort the front garden, a neighbour stopped by to say how lovely it looked. Really it's just neat instead of shit and the neighbouring houses are probably nicer but it was her way of saying they'd been worried for a bit that we were total fucking oiks and she was glad we play ball.

Back