Holloway vs Mcgregor 2?

You might be waiting for a long time because it hasn't been talked about let alone confirmed. Max however is on a big streak and unless he wants a money fight he really is coming down skill wise to fight Conor who is losing a lot lately.
'Coming down skill wise'...

From Ortega? To Mcgregor? Uhhhh

Good thing that money means nothing to us.

Agreed. And it is a good fight to make given their changing fortunes. Can Conor get back down to that weight and maintain his health now that his roll has slowed? Who knows. Maybe at 155.

I'm just looking at the numbers.

Khabib was double his other fights.
You cant think of any event that might have lead to that jump in PPV buys??? 2.4 million is over 6 times the number of khabib's highest ppv numbers.

Wait... You think that card did 2.4 million because of khabib?!? Not sure if serious
It was a combination of both of them. Khabib is undefeated and has a giant following in Russia/Eastern Europe. Obviously the majority tuned in to see Conor because you cant do numbers like that without a substantial number of casual/non-fans jumping on board, but khabib probably brought in a good amount too.

You let your hate for Conor get in the way of logical thinking.

I think it is fair to say that Conor was the main draw, but Khabib contributed significantly. Also, the drawing power of Khabib certainly increased tenfold after that.

It was a combination of both of them. Khabib is undefeated and has a giant following in Russia/Eastern Europe. Obviously the majority tuned in to see Conor because you cant do numbers like that without a substantial number of casual/non-fans jumping on board, but khabib probably brought in a good amount too.
Can't disagree with much of that.
I think it is fair to say that Conor was the main draw, but Khabib contributed significantly. Also, the drawing power of Khabib certainly increased tenfold after that.
But has it really? He is HUGE in his part of the world but those people don't buy PPV so i dunno how valuable he really is without Conor. I dont give a fuck how much he makes i just wanna see him and tony, thats really all i know.

Can't disagree with much of that.

But has it really? He is HUGE in his part of the world but those people don't buy PPV so i dunno how valuable he really is without Conor. I dont give a fuck how much he makes i just wanna see him and tony, thats really all i know.

He was already very valuable, just look at the ppv buys for UFC 223, and again, his name value and drawing power definitely got a huge bump after the Conor fight.

100% agree on him and Tony fighting next.

The Diaz trilogy needs to happen. Its unfinished business, and now is the perfect time. Conor can keep busy and make bank again for himself, the UFC, and Nate, while also positioning himself in discussions for a shot at the LW champ if he wins.

A superfight against Holloway feels lame after right now after that uninspiring mauling he just took. He needs to wash the stench of that loss away with a win that means something, like ending the Nate thing, and not looking to beat Poirier again.

The Diaz trilogy needs to happen. Its unfinished business, and now is the perfect time. Conor can keep busy and make bank again for himself, the UFC, and Nate, while also positioning himself in discussions for a shot at the LW champ if he wins.

A superfight against Holloway feels lame after right now after that uninspiring mauling he just took. He needs to wash the stench of that loss away with a win that means something, like ending the Nate thing, and not looking to beat Poirier again.
Well thats just silly, a win over Poirier is FAR more important than a win over Diaz.

maybe if Conor wasn't constantly getting his ass kicked for a paycheck for the past 2 years. yeah, sure. Id care

All guys are wrong after a big title defense like that done in epic fashion there can be 1 money fight to be made or talked about for any hot mma fighter, lets talk Floyd Mayweather the only way any mma fighter must prove themselves and right of passage for FW's & LW's champs to be taken serious...

I don't really see what the point of Conor fighting someone he's beaten before like Max or Poirier, I get what's in it for them but there's nothing in it for Conor. If he wins he's beaten them before already.
They're both fighters who are highly regarded. Holloway is a better 145 champ than he was, and is improved. Poirer is in line for a title shot, and has been doing well at 155 lately. It wasn't recent when he beat them, and it could lend some credibility to beat someone who's currently at the top of his game... plus it's logically reasonable to assume he can beat either of them - so it's probably his best shot to beat a top fighter at this point.

I don’t think it happens. Neither have been very vocal about it and Conor has too much to lose. The more impressive Max looks the better Conor looks. He wants no part of a sequel with Max. One thing that sticks out about Max and I absolutely love it, is that he doesn’t appear to be caught up in the money fights. He seems to strictly fight for legacy. He wants to be the best. He doesn’t claim to be the FW GOAT even tho he beat Aldo twice. He knows he has work yet to do and is honest about where he stands in the history books. Conor once said all these things as well but it all went out the window when he won the title. Max is staying hungry. I’m really excited for what the future holds for Max Holloway. I was concerned with the health issues but he seems to be past them without lingering effects. In a time of champions picking money over deserving contenders, Max Holloway is a breath of fresh air. Can not wait for this guy to sign his next contract.

Back